Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

What I wonder is - as a Manchester City fan these days, how can you in any way be cheering for this side, knowing that they'll tend to win most of their (home) matches, anyway?

How can you channel any sort of excitement when this becomes the standard?

The Etihad is quiet as a morgue.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

What I wonder is - as a Manchester City fan these days, how can you in any way be cheering for this side, knowing that they'll tend to win most of their (home) matches, anyway?

Yeah I get what you’re saying, the competitive element has almost completely gone. Beautiful to watch though.

i suppose they still have the Champions league to conquer 

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Their excitement is in the transfer window when they can act completely superior to everyone else. I suppose they get excited by CL as well

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well Hamer wont be starting the next game 

He really doesn't have any cover in front of him though.

Knowing you’re going to win and likely retain the league removes much of the emotion that football is all about. 

Its weird because teams strive to reach those levels, but upon reaching them it’s a little bit like King Midas. Gold becomes a bit boring. 

The only bright side is that eventually Pep will leave and Man City will likely fade slightly, giving other teams a chance and their own fans a reason to become emotionally connected again. 

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Just looking at Man City's bench:

Sterling, Sané, Mahrez, Walker. 

If they don't reach at least the UCL semi finals then there is something very wrong.

D.Silva is a gem.

Still my favourite non-Leicester player in the league.  Absolutely love him.  X

• Like 2

The atmosphere at City is embarrassing but understandable - ours is usually shite when we turn up expecting to win the game and it’s the same for them almost every week. Doesn’t excuse the shite atmosphere tho, i’d be bouncing if I turned up getting to watch that every week

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Still my favourite non-Leicester player in the league.  Absolutely love him.  X

Helps that, for a footballer, he seems to be a top top human being as well! Similar to Juan Mata

• Like 2