Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

I've seen this twice now. They've never said that at all. 

The owners have suggested they want to win the league in 7 years. 

The possession league? No chance, spurs have that one sown up.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Dyche or Hughes, who is the bigger cvnt?

Dyche has the biggest victim mentality in the league. He probably has a small penis. 

I say Hughes though, as at least Dyche comes across as a fairly nice person overall. Hughes is an arrogant knob, beyond unbearable. I take more delight in Hughes losing than Dyche losing.

That's a little unfair. Anyone who has served under Ferguson has a head start on everyone else. Ferguson broke new ground with his 'players couldn't see each other in the grey strips' excuse. Dyche is putting in a great performance but Hughes leads the way.

I usually listen to the usual podcasts on Monday/Tuesday mornings on the way to work. Some of them are good but a bit too over emphasised on the big clubs. I understand that since that generates more listeners than taking about mid to lower table clubs, but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss.

Sunday Supplemented spent a good 20-25 mins talking about the Man City documentary and the Mourinho comments regarding it. Neither clubs btw had even played yet. It's like that with most podcasts on most weeks.

I don't even ask for City to be more a topic but anything other than a weekly update on Pogba/Klopp/Jose/Man City would be nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I usually listen to the usual podcasts on Monday/Tuesday mornings on the way to work. Some of them are good but a bit too over emphasised on the big clubs. I understand that since that generates more listeners than taking about mid to lower table clubs, but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss.

Sunday Supplemented spent a good 20-25 mins talking about the Man City documentary and the Mourinho comments regarding it. Neither clubs btw had even played yet. It's like that with most podcasts on most weeks.

I don't even ask for City to be more a topic but anything other than a weekly update on Pogba/Klopp/Jose/Man City would be nice.

Yep, sadly to see previously well balanced and respected podcasts going down this route. 

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Must be absolutely killing Jose, seeing Pep managing his city rivals, playing outrageous football, winning titles and having the media purring over them. 

I don't feel sorry for the bloke at all tbh

wonder what happened to that weird guy on here who lost his head half way through last season and started declaring everything mourinho did as the best managerial move of all time and slating everything pep did? 

17 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Going to struggle to even stay in the premier league if the first two games are anything to go by. 

they've literally started the season how we did in our first season back.

Leicester 2-2 Everton
Chelsea 2-0 Leicester

Wolves 2-2 Everton
Leicester 2-0 Wolves

Drawing the first at home and losing the 2nd game away.

I know it took a great escape for us in that season but I very much doubt Wolves will need to rely on that. They'll be fine.

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

they've literally started the season how we did in our first season back.

Leicester 2-2 Everton
Chelsea 2-0 Leicester

Wolves 2-2 Everton
Leicester 2-0 Wolves

Drawing the first at home and losing the 2nd game away.

I know it took a great escape for us in that season but I very much doubt Wolves will need to rely on that. They'll be fine.

We were way too good to be in that relegation fight for so long stan - nigel took too long to find the way we needed to play once huth arrived to organise the defence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We were way too good to be in that relegation fight for so long stan - nigel took too long to find the way we needed to play once huth arrived to organise the defence.

Yep. Think it's really difficult to use us as a benchmark. Still winds me up they whenever anyone talks about the PL title season they always ignore how close we were to being a good team the year before or make out that Claudio somehow magically turned us into that team.

Also a bit like how Don Goodman said Wolves were the best ever team in the championship. Sorry, who got more points? Especially when you look at the fact that QPR only made the playoffs with the ridiculous amounts of money they threw at it, I think we had tougher competition that year than Wolves did last year. Then what we did the year after with the core of a that team kind of says a lot. Wolves have brought in more players than we did and I doubt they'll be winning the league in 2 years with the same core.

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm not sure where this dig about possession keeps coming from? Neither myself, Fadsie or that Simon bloke ever mentioned it.

It's all this salty 'deserved to win' rubbish spouted by your fellow Wolves (not you to be fair) quoting stats from the game to back up their nonsense arguments that Wolves are a much better team  than Leicester when in fact the only stat that matters was Leicester got the ball in the net twice and Wolves didn't manage it all game.

It brings to mind a few pathetic Spurs fans we had on here when we won the league claiming that we didn't deserve to win the league because our average possession was much lower than the other top 6 teams. The phrase 'bad losers' comes to mind.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

If the only stat that matters is goals scored why keep digging at us with the possession bollocks? Almost as salty as the Vardy's wasn't a red nonsense

If they’re posting the stats after the game to try and prove a point somebody’s gotta put them straight. 

Its natural to be on a high after promotion but we’re speaking from experience when we tell you this is an unforgiving league where you don’t always get what you ‘deserve’