Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

24 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

not even sure burnley are going to scrap tbf, they’re absolutely dead and buried. praise be to god. 

Could have been us if we'd qualified for the Europa League. Has wrecked their pre-season and they're paying for it now.

• Like 1

Just now, FIF said:

At last!

So many head cases about the first 5 games and comparisons  with teams who have played 5 games against other teams.

Chill. We're good.

Exactly! 

5 games is nothing, we're in September still. Everyones still finding their feet, no reason to call for blood just yet 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Where's that West Ham been? lol 

Their midfield made all the difference today, Rice and Obiang were class.

Answered your own question there Mate! Wilshere wasn’t playing lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Could have been us if we'd qualified for the Europa League. Has wrecked their pre-season and they're paying for it now.

don’t think it would have happened to us, we’ve got a squad full of players who would’ve played in the europa league. also would our champions league run not count for something seedings-wise and give us easier games? (may have made that up). 

it’s affected burnley so badly because they have about 13 players and 6 of them are goalkeepers. they were playing almost the exact same team in games going to extra time on thursdays as they were playing the weekend before and the weekend after. 

teams like us, everton and whoever else might be battling for that spot wouldn’t have had to do that i don’t think. 

2 hours ago, l444ry said:

It was probably the worst season for them to get into the Europa League. I don't think they have had many (any?) players at the World Cup, but the short break before the start of the season messed up everyone, it seems.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Stop being so negative. We've lost away to two teams who have finished high in the league the last 2 years. Why is that such a terrible thing for you?

Because if we could only sign Benitez, Fat Sam or Howe we would never lose another football match .....ever 

39 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'd be interested to hear what Huddersfield fans think of Wagner at the moment. Still like him as a manager, but their record this season is not looking pretty.

Yeah their start has been three difficult fixtures and two they would think they'd expect at least 4 points from.

They create chances but dont take them at all. That wont change before Jan when they can buy but even that might be too late. Defence isnt bad but not good enough to rely on clean sheets every week.

Huddersfield have never been big scorers under Wagner, even in the Championship. But he could go down with them and still be in a job, they are massively overachieving staying in the division. And I hope they do stay up again but I don't think they will.

Edited by Fox92

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Huddersfield have never been big scorers under Wagner, even in the Championship. But he could go down with them and still be in a job, they are massively overachieving staying in the division. And I hope they do stay up again but I don't think they will.

It's funny because I saw them rip Brighton apart in the Championship. I do think that they've gone within themselves the longer they've been in the Premier League, can't blame them though Wagner obviously doesn't want them to get snotted every week. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's funny because I saw them rip Brighton apart in the Championship. I do think that they've gone within themselves the longer they've been in the Premier League, can't blame them though Wagner obviously doesn't want them to get snotted every week. 

Oh definitely, their wage bill was the lowest or second lowest in the Championship the year they went up. It must be tough trying to get players to go there.

No doubt they'll set up to defend on Saturday but I won't blame them.

8 hours ago, Goober said:

Who’s the better shout for my fantasy team @The Bear? Traore or Costa? expecting Traore will be starting games soon?

Even if he starts a few games you won't want Adama he's ****ing awful. Most bizarre signing of the summer. 

Can literally run fast and nothing else. 

• Like 2

fouls.jpg.ead6847a1aba3f5bdfebe0bfb365178d.jpg

Wilfried Zaha's call for more protection from referees has been greeted with near-unanimous support from his peers, but the Crystal Palace winger is not the only one in need of sanctuary.

Zaha was once again subjected to heavy challenges from Huddersfield on Saturday and, following the match, admitted he was starting to fear making the dribbles that define his playing style.

While the Ivory Coast international is among the most fouled in the Premier League this season, he still stands well below Leicester City star James Maddison, who has been upended no fewer than 18 times.

The nippy midfielder, a summer signing from Norwich, currently leads the standings in the most-fouled list, three ahead of Chelsea star Eden Hazard (15) and a full seven fouls in front of Zaha (11).

Watford midfielder Will Hughes has also found himself subjected to the worst of the Premier League's rough-and-ready style. He has been fouled 13 times while four other players join Zaha on 11. 

The list, compiled by Opta, is dominated by diminutive and pacey wingers such as the likes of Zaha, but there is also a surprise appearance from Manchester United's star midfielder Paul Pogba, whose imposing physical presence does little to stop opponents from bringing him down.

Zaha's anger reached boiling point following Crystal Palace's win over Huddersfield, in which he scored a majestic winning goal. The 25-year-old went as far as to say that his leg would be broken before a referee dishes out a red card.

He said: 'I feel like I'd have to get my leg broken for anyone to get a card. That's why I lose my head. Why am I getting different treatment from other players? It is every week. I've tried to speak to the referees. There's nothing I can do any more. It's hard. 

'It doesn't make you want to go on a run because someone will come through the back of you and it doesn't allow you to express yourself. At the same time, I have to let my feet do the talking, which I did today.'

He was supported by his manager, Roy Hodgson, but was also reminded that being a quick and quality forward is always going to see him targeted by the opposition.

Hodgson said: 'You see it with Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane, the Manes, the Salahs — those players that are quick and good with running with the ball they get fouled, they have to accept this will happen,' said Palace manager Roy Hodgson.

'Unfortunately for Wilf he has a strong sense of justice, he doesn't think people should treat him unfairly but he's learning.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6175679/Premier-Leagues-fouled-player-not-Wilfried-Zaha.html

Dermot Gallagher not impressed with Pawson

Bournemouth 4-2 Leicester
INCIDENT: Ricardo Pereira was penalised by Craig Pawson for handling in his own penalty area, after controlling the ball with his knee onto his outstretched arm. A penalty was given, which Bournemouth converted.

VERDICT: It's just a misread, or whether Craig was too quick, I don't know. It's not a penalty, though.

INCIDENT: Harry Maguire, already booked, is not shown a second yellow card when he flies into a challenge with Josh King, clattering the Bournemouth player. Pawson gives a foul.

Maguire appeared lucky to avoid a red...
VERDICT: Different referee, different tolerance level. Mike Dean [in the Watford v Man Utd game] was totally consistent, this referee, unfortunately, his tolerance level ebbed and flowed a little bit. Sometimes as referees we make a rod for our own back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

INCIDENT: Ricardo Pereira was penalised by Craig Pawson for handling in his own penalty area, after controlling the ball with his knee onto his outstretched arm. A penalty was given, which Bournemouth converted.

VERDICT: It's just a misread, or whether Craig was too quick, I don't know. It's not a penalty, though.

yet VAR wouldn't have reversed it ………..

1 hour ago, davieG said:

INCIDENT: Harry Maguire, already booked, is not shown a second yellow card when he flies into a challenge with Josh King, clattering the Bournemouth player. Pawson gives a foul.

VERDICT: Different referee, different tolerance level. Mike Dean [in the Watford v Man Utd game] was totally consistent, this referee, unfortunately, his tolerance level ebbed and flowed a little bit. Sometimes as referees we make a rod for our own back.

It was extremely soft, as was Morgan's first yellow. We were still too easily carved open though and I don't think we deserved anything from the game. The two goals came once Bournemouth completely switched off after being 4-0 up and a game over mentality!

I expect Pawson will be told of his mistakes though and it still doesn't excuse a poor game by him. 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

fouls.jpg.ead6847a1aba3f5bdfebe0bfb365178d.jpg

Wilfried Zaha's call for more protection from referees has been greeted with near-unanimous support from his peers, but the Crystal Palace winger is not the only one in need of sanctuary.

Zaha was once again subjected to heavy challenges from Huddersfield on Saturday and, following the match, admitted he was starting to fear making the dribbles that define his playing style.

While the Ivory Coast international is among the most fouled in the Premier League this season, he still stands well below Leicester City star James Maddison, who has been upended no fewer than 18 times.

The nippy midfielder, a summer signing from Norwich, currently leads the standings in the most-fouled list, three ahead of Chelsea star Eden Hazard (15) and a full seven fouls in front of Zaha (11).

Watford midfielder Will Hughes has also found himself subjected to the worst of the Premier League's rough-and-ready style. He has been fouled 13 times while four other players join Zaha on 11. 

The list, compiled by Opta, is dominated by diminutive and pacey wingers such as the likes of Zaha, but there is also a surprise appearance from Manchester United's star midfielder Paul Pogba, whose imposing physical presence does little to stop opponents from bringing him down.

Zaha's anger reached boiling point following Crystal Palace's win over Huddersfield, in which he scored a majestic winning goal. The 25-year-old went as far as to say that his leg would be broken before a referee dishes out a red card.

He said: 'I feel like I'd have to get my leg broken for anyone to get a card. That's why I lose my head. Why am I getting different treatment from other players? It is every week. I've tried to speak to the referees. There's nothing I can do any more. It's hard. 

'It doesn't make you want to go on a run because someone will come through the back of you and it doesn't allow you to express yourself. At the same time, I have to let my feet do the talking, which I did today.'

He was supported by his manager, Roy Hodgson, but was also reminded that being a quick and quality forward is always going to see him targeted by the opposition.

Hodgson said: 'You see it with Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane, the Manes, the Salahs — those players that are quick and good with running with the ball they get fouled, they have to accept this will happen,' said Palace manager Roy Hodgson.

'Unfortunately for Wilf he has a strong sense of justice, he doesn't think people should treat him unfairly but he's learning.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6175679/Premier-Leagues-fouled-player-not-Wilfried-Zaha.html

Perhaps Zaha should have spent less time  diving and cheating and trying to fool refs before calling on them to provide additional support 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Quite frankly...as fans we are also inconsistent,have different tolerance levels....Plus we just love to distrust even hate refs,and they get hardly

a 2nd chance.....

I do however believe there are some top 4 team, blindness from refs. Showboaters and pure arrogant. I reckon also in their way they are fair.

I believe the football world is 15hrs behind in goal line technology,and 10 yrs Behind  bringing in and developing further VARS.

Teething and decision problems are a foregone conclusion,I assume with a top notch VARS,that there will be issues moments,

1) where it's just impossible to get it spot on..angles,between the cracks,unjudgable!!.....2)  Still occasional incorrect poor calls

But taking any sliding scale one want, if it helps 90%...50%....40%...15%. Of the time,then IMO it would do it's job... 

Another major issue,that goes to the core of the moral side of the game..is the honest,truthful use of the extra linesman/refs in European games.

the authorities have a lot to answer for,for the hypocritical use of these guys and the game authority they have/given.

in honest truth it just seems a snidey ,but also very stupid approach just to keep the masses quiet...

it took years,but a simple white/red spray marking for free kicks has slightly help ed an awkward issue....

we are are not hard enough on aggressive arguing players( ie Columbia in WC). Too often in PL games...

Also to be fair,to clubs and players....Yellow card,two yellow card red,should be able to be challenged.

Also real dangerous play,like in Rugby,should have a panel to judge relevant punishment in the same week.

Maguire should have seen red,but not considered dangerous....

Over these 2 seasons,I have seen penalties,given not given where ,those decisions helped the oppo to get on top.

VARS ,would of got Leicester a penalty,and IMO Bournemouth wouldn't of got one....

We've all seen other games...where we ourselves have not been sure....even if it goes against us....it's 2018 the technology is

there...we should use it...and spite  what some say,we have players wasting +minutes all over the place,so a 90 secs-even a 3minute wait..

So what!!!   :dunno:   plus we have an extra inbuilt exciting moment(s) in the game.The waiting time will go down....

Plus...one could decide,does one play on until 1 minute VARS team decide it's worth looking at...or stop play

Offside,penalties, really bad fouls anywhere.  Important keep stadium/fans informed.

Goal line watches...if not now,should by next season be available at all professional football grounds...

PL/Championship/leagues 1 & 2...All Fa-cup games at Provi clubs.

VARS IMO, should be financed at least for PL and Championship games. If just if it is deemed too expensive,then at Championship level

Use the simple Present TV channel,replays for ref support....

PL has no excuse...there is enough money..and when correctly implemented,you won't need a 6-8 man VARS TEAM, 2 plus 4th ref,should be enough..

In 5-ten yrs...just the fourth and a fifth ref would be enough...Even now the tech. Is there,but it takes warey management politically longer...

And refs coaching courses VARS should be an integral part of the course....Nationally and Internationally....

What with Puels Leicester slowly reach dreamy  hights ,Wolves rebirth,A Burnley great escape,L'pool title,Mourhino build a great Many team

and VARS implementation,why we have many a great seasons in front of us.....

a Tigers surge,cricket foxes into top tier.....then if the great wise one has time.........give lill ol'  me  a lotto win!!!:banana:

of us.