Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

29 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

From that article;

'Maddison in particular offers a great creative passing threat, but combines it with a frustrating willingness to shoot from bad locations.'

I was on holiday/travelling for the first three games and only saw bits of them. Since then the above doesn't chime with what I've been watching at all. Have I missed something?

I would say (if anything) he has a frustrating willingness to pass from shooting locations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Watford look the most able for 7th IMO.

Their midfield is the best outside the top 6 for me, they have two strikers that can score and compliment each other, their defence is solid and Foster is a very solid goalkeeper.

Worry for them (and Wolves) is keeping players fit though because they don't have the strength in depth that we and Everton have.

That in my eyes is a damn  good assesment...

though with a fit 13 players,C.Palace,Bournemouth,maybe the new W.ham,and even Burnley,could fit the same bill!!

others obvious ly really unknown...Newcastle should!!  but seem always ready and willing to fudge it!!

I believe,we have a good first 16-18 player  squad,but they still have to prove & earn it..!!! Whether youth or older fringe players.

it's when top teams stutter and 1 maybe 3 ,"also rans"  like ourselves find a top consistency,and pressure those higher positions,over

Long periods,that makes up profi-football. We are at our strongest since the title..potentially that is! 

But nowhere near a top 4 challenge.

Even after all that said,we are still in a rebuild and learn phase,that dips in form could see us struggle to hold for this season top 8- 10,but

Any long period outside top 12, would be IMO poor.Depending on performances,more than if a couple of results go awry!!!

One other factor on opinions...too many posters discredit and demean the opposition's quality,and love nothing more than bemoaning

The PL,just to clarify their own sardistic negatives....life and the PL is what it is,no more no less,

and every team has some quality and honesty!!!

There was never a super, brilliant,poor season,in the history of profi-football.Just a game trying to entertain,and lucky youngsters

trying their best..no matter what they earn...arrogance above ones upbringing..can also be found from road-sweeper to top managent,through to Politics and royalty...so when local,paul,David, marcus,antonio,make a few bob,who cares!!! So long as they try...

Edited by fuchsntf

This Guardian writer REALLY isn't a fan of Southampton or Hughes by the looks of it:

Improving with every performance, Wolves are proving a breath of fresh air in a Premier League in which no team more than Southampton increasingly resemble an acrid, eggy fart by comparison. Showing little or no indication so far that they’re either good or bad enough to do anything even remotely interesting this season, they look content to just hang around in the Premier League, as is their inalienable right if they can accumulate the requisite number of points. However, away at Molineux against a team of entertainers fast turning into media darlings, they have a chance to make a statement and turn some heads by putting the Premier League newcomers back in their box with an unexpected slap-down. Instead, expect them to troop off the pitch reasonably satisfied with a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat, after which Mark Hughes will use his post-match interview to grumble about some perceived refereeing injustice that only happened in his head. Surprise us, Southampton. The gauntlet is down.

Acrid, eggy fart... :D

• Haha 3

Hughes is just a miserable willy puller.

In the media he's just like Pearson. Miserable, edgy and it's always someone elses fault. But Pearson created an unbreakable 'us versus them' approach and everyone connected to LCFC loved him (apart from the odd weirdo that actually cares what the manager tells Ian Stringer).

However, with Hughes, you get the feeling nobody actually likes him. Doubt any Southampton fan would care if he was sacked.

Goal was offside.

Pogba is such an arrogant unlikeable person.

What is Martial doing in the team, lazy and poor - Rashford must be miffed.

Luke Shaw is not as good as Ben Chilwell.