Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Southampton have now only won 5 games out of their last 38.

Horrific stat. 

After hounding out their last 2 managers I'd be tempted to say that landing Hughes  is particularly Kharmic but there are parallels with ourselves that are worrying 

30 minutes ago, surrifox said:

After hounding out their last 2 managers I'd be tempted to say that landing Hughes  is particularly Kharmic but there are parallels with ourselves that are worrying 

17 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Thats what happens when you sack Puel. 

Allez Les Qualitee and Focuus... 

To be fair, the quality of football Southampton were playing under Puel was poor towards the end of that season so you cant really blame their fans. Its a bit like non Leicester fans moaning about the sacking of Ranieri.

The style was similar to ours however they didnt have the players we do to make it effective.

Just now, Nalis said:

To be fair, the quality of football Southampton were playing under Puel was poor towards the end of that season so you cant really blame their fans. Its a bit like non Leicester fans moaning about the sacking of Ranieri.

The style was similar to ours however they didnt have the players we do to make it effective.

Nah, I won't buy that. Raneri* was sacked when we were in the relegation zone mid winter, Puel was sacked after finishing eighth and an cup final, with the transfer window just opening. Where are they now, and where are we? 

Puel could bore the socks off a trainspotter with his media performances, but his style of play is growing on me. 

*still a legend despite how it ended. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Puel's end to his Southampton days was so similar to ours under him last season. It had me wondering why, and I think he was just trying to implement new ideas when both teams were safe from relegation and has little else to play for. Southampton couldn't see what he was trying to achieve, and now they have the masterful Hughes in charge. I'm glad that our owners could see the bigger picture of a proper plan, youth and how much a big change in the squad was needed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Just noticed Huddersfield had 53% possession v Spurs. How?? Last week they couldn't string 3 passes together and couldn't keep the ball. 

Teams chasing games inevitably have more possession, especially when the opposition is comfortable that they won’t be broken down by them. (Unless they are Man City). once we were two clear last week, Huddersfield’s possession stats increased compared to the 76 mins preceding them.  

Edited by st albans fox

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He was pushed, just slightly but it was quite soft. 

Yes but as he is English there wasn't a lot of debate about it..

You can tell Sky have other events on today with the only match being Cardiff v Burnley - might turn out to be a classic mind you.

3 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Spuds at it again, last game Ali dives and get pen today Rose dives and get pen the refs in the Prem are fcuking dog shite.

Need VAR.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Just noticed Huddersfield had 53% possession v Spurs. How?? Last week they couldn't string 3 passes together and couldn't keep the ball. 

Have a funny feeling they'll only win two or three games all season and will come close to Derby's 11-points record.

Without Mooy and a couple of others, they're the equivalent of Bolton etc.

8 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Nah, I won't buy that. Raneri* was sacked when we were in the relegation zone mid winter, Puel was sacked after finishing eighth and an cup final, with the transfer window just opening. Where are they now, and where are we? 

Puel could bore the socks off a trainspotter with his media performances, but his style of play is growing on me. 

*still a legend despite how it ended. 

You beat me to it,.

Puel's sacking by Southampton was nothing like Ranieri's.  Seven games into the calendar year, we had the worst record of 2017 of all four divisions with zero goals and just a single point from a defensive 0-0 at Middlesboro.  We were not so much sleep walking towards relegation as careering toward it.  It's just a shame that Shakespeare is now seen as a bit of a figure of fun by some on here but he saved us big time with 5 wins on the spin.

• Like 2