Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I set my expectations for this game so low I didn’t think I could possibly be disappointed.

I was wrong.

I'm watching the dead rubber ending of the Ryder cup rather than switch over to this.

8 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Nah, I won't buy that. Raneri* was sacked when we were in the relegation zone mid winter, Puel was sacked after finishing eighth and an cup final, with the transfer window just opening. Where are they now, and where are we? 

Puel could bore the socks off a trainspotter with his media performances, but his style of play is growing on me. 

*still a legend despite how it ended. 

My point wasnt really implying that Ranieri didnt deserved to be sacked at the time or how the events were similar to Puel's sacking at Southampton, it was more a point on how easy it is for us to criticise another team for sacking their manager when we dont watch them every week. They won one game in their last 8 league games that season and scored ONCE in the their 6.

It was quite obvious his style wasnt working at Southampton because, with all due respect to them, they didnt exactly have the same quality of players to execute his style of play and that Southampton squad would have needed significant investment to do so.

I'm perplexed by Cardiff. Can't remember a more technically inept side in recent years. Even Sunderland had a few half decent creative players

Sean Dyche hates football. Pure anti football by him.

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The Current Head of Cardiff City academy there, Craig Bellamy, saying he can't even bare to watch the first team... and he's being paid to.

Bellamy is a breath of fresh air whenever he's on analysis, or the Debate. Doesn't sit on the fence but backs it up with rational opinions rather than coming across like a Mills / Sutton / Savage bell-ringing, shouting moron type.

Burnley don't deserve that.

• Like 2

Just now, Langston said:

Bellamy is a breath of fresh air whenever he's on analysis, or the Debate. Doesn't sit on the fence but backs it up with rational opinions rather than coming across like a Mills / Sutton / Savage bell-ringing, shouting moron type.

Burnley don't deserve that.

Yeah i'm a huge fan of him, think he will go on to be a successful manager or Head of Youth/DOF. Seems very switched on. I certainly wasn't criticising him, I like his honesty.

**** me how did that go in lol 

• Like 1