Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

i agree with bear tbh, clubs like huddersfield and bournemouth just cheapen the league really. there's so many boring clubs in league atm

The top clubs probably think this about us and probably why they want a super league or whatever shite.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Harsh as it may seem I think you should be penalized if you are not putting out a competitive team in the Premier League.

If you go down with says 31+ points I think you should receive no penalty.... at least it shows you are giving it a go.

If you go down with say 25-30 points there should be a big reduction in the parachute payment.

If you go down with less than 25 points there should be a massive reduction in the parachute payment coupled

with a points deduction for the following season in the championship.

Disagree...It's not about not trying,but simply that year,not being quality wise good enough.going down is the biggest penalty!!!!I

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

i agree with bear tbh, clubs like huddersfield and bournemouth just cheapen the league really. there's so many boring clubs in league atm

How..downright spiteful and arrogant!!!

What a shame such posters,not football fans..embarrasse

this forum...yuk!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Disagree...It's not about not trying,but simply that year,not being quality wise good enough.going down is the biggest penalty!!!!I

Fair enough all about opinions.

But might stop the likes of Cardiff grabbing the money and running and Villa a couple of seasons ago basically downing tools.

56 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Harsh as it may seem I think you should be penalized if you are not putting out a competitive team in the Premier League.

If you go down with says 31+ points I think you should receive no penalty.... at least it shows you are giving it a go.

If you go down with say 25-30 points there should be a big reduction in the parachute payment.

If you go down with less than 25 points there should be a massive reduction in the parachute payment coupled

how would you decide if a club had put out a "competittive team"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah, I just think it is weird.  Most Leicester fans spend a fair deal of time moaning about big club bias and most of us got annoyed at the scoffing from the "football elite" during our title win and then we somehow think teams like Bournemouth don't "deserve" to be in the PL.  I am all for as many smaller teams as possible mixing it with the big boys.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 15.22.17.png

The bad element ,has found this forum,for their miserable platform.....

all clubs who get into the PL,are as good as my club...that I have been proud to support for 60yrs.

38 games..sorts out who deserves what,more of those seasons then ditto!!

Demeaning others efforts reflects more on the attributes and character of that poster.....

Now I am being unfair..!!! Cos on this theme,I love nasty!!:celebrate:

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Points deduction would be very harsh. I’m sure every team that comes up puts a competitive team out just can’t be helped if there not as good as everyone else in the league. Some teams like to spend money to stay up and some see it as a gamble they don’t think they can risk taking in the first season or 2. You can end up big players on big salary’s then you will be in trouble if you go down and no one wants to buy an expensive flop.

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Points deduction would be very harsh. I’m sure every team that comes up puts a competitive team out just can’t be helped if there not as good as everyone else in the league. Some teams like to spend money to stay up and some see it as a gamble they don’t think they can risk taking in the first season or 2. You can end up big players on big salary’s then you will be in trouble if you go down and no one wants to buy an expensive flop.

Fulham and Wolves have admirably come up to compete.

Cardiff City are a waste of a Premier League place.

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Cardiff were not expected to be top 6 never mind get promoted. The job Warnock did was unbelievable and he knows they're out of their depth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Maybe they are but they are the ones who came up. Fulham have tried to play football but could still go down and an equally poor points total so would they then get a points deduction even tho they tried to compete? 

have to agree, if you come up and can't beat any of Huddersfield, burnley and Newcastle in your first 7 games then when you eventually go back down surely we should never allow you back up again. this is the premier league not a fu cking kickabout after work. either get with it or JOG ON 

5 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Fulham won't go down … Cardiff will

Cardiff may go down it was always going to be a tough season for them, as for Fulham they could go down. A few injuries a bad run With a few teams above them picking up points then they could. I personally don’t mind Fulham and wouldn’t mind them staying up but there not a guarantee to stay up 

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Fair enough all about opinions.

But might stop the likes of Cardiff grabbing the money and running and Villa a couple of seasons ago basically downing tools.

They are not grabbing the monette and running..they got promoted,are trying for their fans to play their best.

yesterday ,and through these 1st few games,IMO haven't been shocking,or downed tools.in fact often had not too much of luck,to

score first in all their games.Their football is not worse than many...

now they ,more importantly like Huddersfield have to show they have the balls and metal,to fight and show spirit,for their fans,until

the last games of the season. They aren't getting hammered...but yes lacking some quality, but even we said that about our own team,

In the great escape season..

come on Fernio,you've posted on some top issues,and usually been seemingly fair!!!  Let's not turn into those arrogant bozos who 

Shown their ignorance towards us,  ...cos we were never gonna "win the league"

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

These two have gotta be the craftiest of the middle of the table teams, lots of sly kicks and jumping on the floor after backing up into people, the refs seem to indulge it though so you can't blame them for basing some of their game on it

5 hours ago, Xen said:

You've said elsewhere in the thread that this summer's spending of £60m is misleading because half of that was on converting loan deals into permanent deals.

I'd argue that those loan deals were never intended to be loans long-term (unless you failed to get promoted), and that those permanent deals were probably agreed way in advance, even if unofficially. So you can essentially add the £30m figure onto your championship spending, which suddenly makes it a lot less impressive. Oh, and transfermarkt seems to think you outspent Birmingham by about 35%, not including those 'loans'

It's an impressive squad you put together, for sure, but you certainly weren't shy of flashing the cash in the championship and utilising connections to bring in players who were otherwise unlikely to drop to your level.

You're right. All but one of the loans had permanent fees agreed IF we went up. 

Fail to get promoted and they probably would have moved on, or we'd gamble and sign as many of them as we could afford to with FFP. 

Edited by The Bear

Of all the newcomers to the Premier league this year that we could possibly have realistically signed ourselves (I don't mean were linked to) I'd have loved to have had David Brooks. 

Think he'd fit the Puel vision nicely, would be fantastic buzzing around with Maddison and Gray, plus, yknow, Welsh international. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

the They are not grabbing the monette and running..they got promoted,are trying for their fans to play their best.

yesterday ,and through these 1st few games,IMO haven't been shocking,or downed tools.in fact often had not too much of luck,to

score first in all their games.Their football is not worse than many...

now they ,more importantly like Huddersfield have to show they have the balls and metal,to fight and show spirit,for their fans,until

the last games of the season. They aren't getting hammered...but yes lacking some quality, but even we said that about our own team,

In the great escape season..

come on Fernio,you've posted on some top issues,and usually been seemingly fair!!!  Let's not turn into those arrogant bozos who 

Shown their ignorance towards us,  ...cos we were never gonna "win the league"

Fair point .. but do you remember how stressed Nige was in the great escape season and how determined he was ? Warnock and his players look like they've just got to the airport arrivals for a season long holiday.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO

4 hours ago, Markyblue said:

You are where you deserve to be. Football is played in the now ,being a so called massive club years ago means nothing.  .....

Dead right. Veretout supposedly chose Villa over us because they were a big club with history. Look where that got him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Of all the newcomers to the Premier league this year that we could possibly have realistically signed ourselves (I don't mean were linked to) I'd have loved to have had David Brooks. 

Think he'd fit the Puel vision nicely, would be fantastic buzzing around with Maddison and Gray, plus, yknow, Welsh international. 

Born in the famous Welsh valley, Warrington.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Liked him for a while now. A few Blades I know constantly raved over him. I think he suits a footballing side well ala Bournemouth.