Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Dead right. Veretout supposedly chose Villa over us because they were a big club with history. Look where that got him.

It got Veretout all way to the picturesque Florence where he can enjoy finest coffee,  pizzas, pasta and gelato while getting MOTM awards and a goal every four games  so yeah.....

Just now, Finnegan said:

To a lovely Welsh woman. Makes him more Welsh than Kingy, that'll do me. 

The Wales side is a lot better than it was for having actually Welsh players in it now, growing up it was full of English born Championship cloggers

16 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Fair point .. but do you remember how stressed Nige was in the great escape season and how determined he was ? Warnock and his players look like they've just got to the airport arrivals for a season long holiday.

I think it's just outside perspectives....

Look we have players that sometimes,just look like they aren t interested,Nacho Gray,sometimes Vardy,but even when ones at the ground

Fans put more,or too much thought on the/certain moments thinking why didn't he do this or that...

I do think Cardiff have some lackadaisical players,who tend to wait for things to happen for them,they are probably not with the PL pace,mentally!!!then find themselves on the wrong foot...moment gone!!!  But for the all round play and Warnocks team structure looks decent...

They might get stuck,but like our first season,it's far too early to call....

WBA,Leicester,Cpalace,and then Newcastle last season. Like when teams start brilliantly and fade like Watford and Huddersfield have,

You get lost hopers,find themselves even late in Febuary,and suddenly find their PL feet,by hook or by crook.

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think that 4-0 defeat last week has to be one of the most anomalous 'thrashings' in recent football history...

I was gonna mention results like Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal and Man Utd 1-6 Man City but then checked and saw they were 7 years ago :o   

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

ah, thought you meant that they were in-form and got thrashed out of the ordinary

Ah I see - no, just on-the-day shithousery by Burnley. I felt a bit the same when they were doing us the previous week, as until it went 2-0 I felt Leicester were the far better team...just way too open at 2 crucial moments.

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Wales side is a lot better than it was for having actually Welsh players in it now, growing up it was full of English born Championship cloggers

It was never as bad as people make out tbh, or at least not really in my life time. We've never been as bad as Ireland. 

2003 in the Russia play off loss (which would be about the time you were a kid, yeah?) it was:

Paul Jones, Wrexham

Delaney, Haverfordwest 

Melville, Swansea 

Gabbidon, Cwmbran

Barnard was actually born in Germany

Koumas, Wrexham 

Savage, Wrexham 

Speed, Flintshire

Johnson, Bristol, England 

Giggs, Cardiff 

Hartson, Swansea

So tbf, there's more of them now. 

All my life, I'd say about 3/4s to 2/3s minimum were Welsh born and our best players have always been Welsh born. Giggs, Hartson, Bellers, Speed, Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Koumas, Allen, all born in Wales. Its always the championship journeymen like David Edwards that are English tbf. 

Bit sad that Brooks, Ampadu, Mepham, Smith, Woodburn, Hedges and Tyler Roberts were all born in England mind so the next generation will probably be the worst of my life, albeit looking quite exciting from a football point of view.