Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was never as bad as people make out tbh, or at least not really in my life time. We've never been as bad as Ireland. 

2003 in the Russia play off loss (which would be about the time you were a kid, yeah?) it was:

Paul Jones, Wrexham

Delaney, Haverfordwest 

Melville, Swansea 

Gabbidon, Cwmbran

Barnard was actually born in Germany

Koumas, Wrexham 

Savage, Wrexham 

Speed, Flintshire

Johnson, Bristol, England 

Giggs, Cardiff 

Hartson, Swansea

So tbf, there's more of them now. 

All my life, I'd say about 3/4s to 2/3s minimum were Welsh born and our best players have always been Welsh born. Giggs, Hartson, Bellers, Speed, Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Koumas, Allen, all born in Wales. Its always the championship journeymen like David Edwards that are English tbf. 

Bit sad that Brooks, Ampadu, Mepham, Smith, Woodburn, Hedges and Tyler Roberts were all born in England mind so the next generation will probably be the worst of my life, albeit looking quite exciting from a football point of view. 

How many english players,were born in tottenham,foreign turf,on English soil...:whistle:

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

It got Veretout all way to the picturesque Florence where he can enjoy finest coffee,  pizzas, pasta and gelato while getting MOTM awards and a goal every four games  so yeah.....

Pity he wasted a pointless year mouldering in Birmingham, then.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It was never as bad as people make out tbh, or at least not really in my life time. We've never been as bad as Ireland. 

2003 in the Russia play off loss (which would be about the time you were a kid, yeah?) it was:

Paul Jones, Wrexham

Delaney, Haverfordwest 

Melville, Swansea 

Gabbidon, Cwmbran

Barnard was actually born in Germany

Koumas, Wrexham 

Savage, Wrexham 

Speed, Flintshire

Johnson, Bristol, England 

Giggs, Cardiff 

Hartson, Swansea

So tbf, there's more of them now. 

All my life, I'd say about 3/4s to 2/3s minimum were Welsh born and our best players have always been Welsh born. Giggs, Hartson, Bellers, Speed, Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Koumas, Allen, all born in Wales. Its always the championship journeymen like David Edwards that are English tbf. 

Bit sad that Brooks, Ampadu, Mepham, Smith, Woodburn, Hedges and Tyler Roberts were all born in England mind so the next generation will probably be the worst of my life, albeit looking quite exciting from a football point of view. 

I would have been 5, not far off 6 then lol 

I've looked it up and the time period I meant was both sides of 2010 and the majority of the squad were Welsh born, goes to show it's a shit cliche

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

It was always going to go one of two ways. We had a bad start and everyone would be pissing themselves and wouldn't care about how we got there. Or we live up to the hype and people suddenly cry about Mendes and money. 

Don't worry about it chap. People in glass houses should never throw stones. Our owners converted £100m of loans into club shares to get round FFP then failed and we got a small fine. 

Most of the crap your getting is because you're now a Midlands rival. But let's be honest it's a piss poor argument. Let's use a money argument to bash someone ignoring the fact we failed FFP when getting promoted. 

You are a wolves fan but you've always (that I've seen) shown great respect to our club more so than some of our own. 

In the future I suggest you agree with the knockers then point out our failings then choose the ignore button. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Don't worry about it chap. People in glass houses should never throw stones. Our owners converted £100m of loans into club shares to get round FFP then failed and we got a small fine. 

Most of the crap your getting is because you're now a Midlands rival. But let's be honest it's a piss poor argument. Let's use a money argument to bash someone ignoring the fact we failed FFP when getting promoted. 

You are a wolves fan but you've always (that I've seen) shown great respect to our club more so than some of our own. 

In the future I suggest you agree with the knockers then point out our failings then choose the ignore button. 

Same here, I’ve never particularly disliked Wolves. They got promoted and are spending to stay up. Using Mendes might rub some people up the wrong way but if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn’t mind a bit. 

Cardiff and Hudds will probably go down because of not spending enough, they’ll get slagged off for that no doubt. As @sylofox said, we aren’t whiter than white but Wolves are no worse. 

@The Bear, it’s nice to have a supporter from another team on here talk sense and stick around after losing twice to us before October! 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Cheers. 

I won't even mention Dave Richards and the "income" from Trestellar... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Same here, I’ve never particularly disliked Wolves. They got promoted and are spending to stay up. Using Mendes might rub some people up the wrong way but if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn’t mind a bit. 

Cardiff and Hudds will probably go down because of not spending enough, they’ll get slagged off for that no doubt. As @sylofox said, we aren’t whiter than white but Wolves are no worse. 

@The Bear, it’s nice to have a supporter from another team on here talk sense and stick around after losing twice to us before October! 

I enjoyed this gloved dig, nice :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Teams like Bournemouth add nothing to the Premier League.

My only problem with Bournemouth is we can't seem to beat them.

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Teams like Bournemouth add nothing to the Premier League.

I don’t like them but you can’t say they add nothing when they’re more entertaining than Huddersfield and Cardiff. They spend decent amounts of money and have a core of predominantly English players that have been there for years 

32 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don’t think anyone actually has a problem with them spending though? Or denying we did? Just that for whatever reason @The Bear can’t admit wolves did what they did? 

:dunno:

What have they done that that needs admitting? They spent some money got some loan players in and teamed up with an agent. What needs all the discussion and finger pointing what is wrong in what they have done.