Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Teams like Bournemouth add nothing to the Premier League.

Think that's quite harsh. They always try and play good football, a lot of goals in their games and usually late drama. As a neutral i would certainly prefer them over Cardiff, Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Southampton and Man Utd

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

What have they done that that needs admitting? They spent some money got some loan players in and teamed up with an agent. What needs all the discussion and finger pointing what is wrong in what they have done. 

They didn't do anything wrong, doesn't mean it's not up for discussion.

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Teams like Bournemouth add nothing to the Premier League.

Bournemouth are as good as us.

They've always played good, attractive football. I enjoy watching them.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah, basically. it’s why most man city fans i’ve ever met are genuinely sound. they admit they’ve had a half decent history but they’re a much smaller club than united etc. but they’ve landed a winning ticket to the lotto and are gonna milk it absolutely dry. 

post like the bear saying “but birmingham spent more money we r just good” and loads of other things i’ve seen from wolves fans are just annoying and stupid. they seem to think they’ve miraculously become less shit and it’s not really much to do with them absolutely playing the system. 

if they just went haha yeee we got some guy who forced loads of champions league players to play in the championship and now we’re absolutely boss i wouldn’t care at all. in fact i’d probably have quite a lot of respect for em. but the constant denial that their fluked ownership/relationship with mendes is literally the sole reason they’ve become better than they were is grating. 

Sorry but you're talking shite. I've admitted the ownership/agent stuff several times now. It's the "bought the league" nonsense I'll argue about, and always will do. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, I just don't see the need to dig him out when he's a really positive contributor. Don't mean to annoy you though... 

I don’t mean to dig him out but the initial conversation was someone telling him to admit the spending and playing the system and him denying, but I could be wrong. Didn’t mean anything by it mate :thumbup:

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

What have they done that that needs admitting? They spent some money got some loan players in and teamed up with an agent. What needs all the discussion and finger pointing what is wrong in what they have done. 

I’m not saying what they’ve done is wrong. I’m saying I don’t think anybody actually is. More that it seems they can’t admit they didn’t walk the championship using financial pull others couldn’t compete with. 

Which just to make clear, I’m not saying is wrong. 

27 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m not saying what they’ve done is wrong. I’m saying I don’t think anybody actually is. More that it seems they can’t admit they didn’t walk the championship using financial pull others couldn’t compete with. 

Which just to make clear, I’m not saying is wrong. 

But do you think it's wrong? 

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Sad to see people saying that this club or that club shouldn't be in the Prem.

Football snobs who ought to support Manchester.

I imagine the equivalent football snobs back in the days before SKY used to say the same about Leicester City.

Any club in the prem has worked hard to get there and deserves to be there. Three teams will be relegated at the end of the season and they will deserve to go down and be replaced by three others.

Get over yourselves "Big team" supporters.

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Same here, I’ve never particularly disliked Wolves. They got promoted and are spending to stay up. Using Mendes might rub some people up the wrong way but if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn’t mind a bit. 

Cardiff and Hudds will probably go down because of not spending enough, they’ll get slagged off for that no doubt. As @sylofox said, we aren’t whiter than white but Wolves are no worse. 

@The Bear, it’s nice to have a supporter from another team on here talk sense and stick around after losing twice to us before October! 

I never actually meant that to sound derogatory @The Bear, apologies. It’s good to have some level headed insight into other clubs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Sorry but you're talking shite. I've admitted the ownership/agent stuff several times now. It's the "bought the league" nonsense I'll argue about, and always will do. 

Scousefox never talks shite man speaks the truth

On 01/10/2018 at 19:15, fuchsntf said:

How..downright spiteful and arrogant!!!

What a shame such posters,not football fans..embarrasse

this forum...yuk!!!

How is it spiteful and arrogant? I'm sure people might say the same about us, but how is it arrogant to say a club like Cardiff cheapen the league, who the **** is sitting there and saying can't wait for Cardiff away with their immaculate style of play? Clubs like them and Huddersfield don't contribute anything to the league 

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

How is it spiteful and arrogant? I'm sure people might say the same about us, but how is it arrogant to say a club like Cardiff cheapen the league, who the **** is sitting there and saying can't wait for Cardiff away with their immaculate style of play? Clubs like them and Huddersfield don't contribute anything to the league 

Well Huddersfield is one of the best away days in the league so you've contradicted yourself. 

I don't base a great away day on the strength of the opposition on the field.

You're talking shite if you think clubs "deserve" to be in any division or not. 

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Sad to see people saying that this club or that club shouldn't be in the Prem.

Football snobs who ought to support Manchester.

I imagine the equivalent football snobs back in the days before SKY used to say the same about Leicester City.

Any club in the prem has worked hard to get there and deserves to be there. Three teams will be relegated at the end of the season and they will deserve to go down and be replaced by three others.

Get over yourselves "Big team" supporters.

Personally I'm just waiting for the day Millwall somehow get in, to see them rock up to the Emirates, the Etihad,  Spud lane or Poundland er Burnleys stadium? and play their brand of erm,...……:dunno: leaving bodies littering the pitch, will be historic and entertaining in ways not seen in the Prem before.

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Simply...yes!!

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well Huddersfield is one of the best away days in the league so you've contradicted yourself. 

I don't base a great away day on the strength of the opposition on the field.

You're talking shite if you think clubs "deserve" to be in any division or not. 

Don't put words in quotations to something I didn't say you disingenuous tosser, I said they cheapened the league not that they didn't deserve to be in the league, they are here by merit. But would I rather have a Villa in the league over a tinpot club like Huddersfield or Cardiff? Yes, because they're boring clubs who will never seek to better themselves other than just survive

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't put words in quotations to something I didn't say you disingenuous tosser, I said they cheapened the league not that they didn't deserve to be in the league, they are here by merit. But would I rather have a Villa in the league over a tinpot club like Huddersfield or Cardiff? Yes, because they're boring clubs who will never seek to better themselves other than just survive

Absolutely right...exactly like Bournemouth have done....

You tosser....

:D

Likes of Villa/Leeds/Forest etc had their chance but blew it (for now)

I am sure they would add more in terms of crowds etc but its on the pitch that wins you promotion.

(And some good owners with a plan that upsets others - seems us and Wolves have done that!)

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Likes of Villa/Leeds/Forest etc had their chance but blew it (for now)

I am sure they would add more in terms of crowds etc but its on the pitch that wins you promotion.

And the league - don’t forget that. We won’t. 

• Like 1