Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

45 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't put words in quotations to something I didn't say you disingenuous tosser, I said they cheapened the league not that they didn't deserve to be in the league, they are here by merit. But would I rather have a Villa in the league over a tinpot club like Huddersfield or Cardiff? Yes, because they're boring clubs who will never seek to better themselves other than just survive

Do you not understand that clubs like Huddersfield don't have as much resources? When Huddersfield got promoted they had the lowest budget (or second lowest budget) in the Championship. Right now, it is the equvilant of Rotherham winning the play offs this season.

Clubs like Villa and Sheffield Wednesday have spent millions trying to get out that division. Just like Wolves did. Compared those to the budget of Cardiff. Cardiff should never have been anywhere near the top 6 never mind top 2. Does Warnock think they'll stay up? Does he fvck, he knows they shouldn't even be in the division.

Hats off to clubs on smaller budgets that come up and manage to stay up. Do I want Huddersfield to stay up again? Yes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m not saying what they’ve done is wrong. I’m saying I don’t think anybody actually is. More that it seems they can’t admit they didn’t walk the championship using financial pull others couldn’t compete with. 

Which just to make clear, I’m not saying is wrong. 

Everything at this moment they have done is in the open. What is to admit. When the next lot of figures come out they may have done wrong. But right now the Bear has nothing to admit. 

We all know what they have done. Who are we to question wolves when we had a dodgy deal to get up. 

As I've said some are asking in an accusing way (not saying you have) so why should he reply. 

I'm sure if asked in the right way he would reply. In fact I will ask. 

The Bear do you think some of what your club did in getting promoted is morally right?

12 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Personally I'm just waiting for the day Millwall somehow get in, to see them rock up to the Emirates, the Etihad,  Spud lane or Poundland er Burnleys stadium? and play their brand of erm,...……:dunno: leaving bodies littering the pitch, will be historic and entertaining in ways not seen in the Prem before.

The 1988–89 season stands as The Lions most successful when Millwall reached the top tier of English football, where they finished 10th in their first ever season in the First Division, after being promoted as champions of the Second Division in 1988.[2] Their lowest league finish is 9th in the founding season of the Fourth Division in 1958–59.[3] Millwall were Second Division champions in 2001, where they finished with their highest ever points total of 93. They reached the 2004 FA Cup Final, losing to Manchester United, but still qualified for the UEFA Cup the following season, playing in Europe for the first time in their history. They've also reached the FA Cup semi-finals on four separate occasions, in 1900, 1903, 1937 and 2013. Millwall have also reached the quarter-finals of the League Cup on three separate occasions, in 1974, 1977 and 1995. Millwall won the Football League Group Cup in 1983 and were runners up in the Football League Trophy in 1999. They've reached the Football League play-offs eight times. They were play-off semi-finalists in 1991, 1994, 2000 and 2002, finalists in 2009 and 2016 and they were promoted as winners, in 2010 and 2017.

Leicester and Millwall had a few rather big fights in the 70s 80s !! Strangely enough it brought for a short while  the seperate fans slightly together.,And they joined us( our street rumblers)...to stave off  Manu and Derby fans....Then due to poor organisation,

on the underground in London,Leicester,Millwall,Arsenal,Spurs,L'pool fans  there was a rather big coming together

Though 2010 n 2017,very little love lost!!!

Tho the dockers club,generally hated and fought everybody,even the grans,and grandads get stuck in.!!!

I have a soft of soft spot for them....I went to watch Millwall vs Westham,I had just got over an injury and 

was working/living in London,and I got to know/befriend Millwall fans,and they got me a ticket (I paid) took me to

2-3 of their pub haunts,before and after the game..brutal!! But a great weekend in the pubs,they joked with me

total strangers,who we come across knowing I was a Leicester supporter,took me to a pub window with old

street lights outside....and said this weekend we let you pss against them,you're our guest...but on a match day

after taking down the remains of hammer fans left hanging down,we'll have a few foxes hanging by their tails,

from those posts...we bloody laughed together,somehow though I believed them...!!

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

. More that it seems they can’t admit they didn’t walk the championship using financial pull others couldn’t compete with. 

Like we didn't really? Name me a club that wrote off £100m like we did to get promoted. As I've said people in glass houses. Who the fvck are we to question wolves on money spent. 

They played the rules like we did end of. In fact we pushed the rules. 

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Sorry but you're talking shite. I've admitted the ownership/agent stuff several times now. It's the "bought the league" nonsense I'll argue about, and always will do. 

alright buddy you loaned the league to fiddle the rules a bit are you happy now? 

my housemate actually supports wolves an he is sound and he buzzes off the fact you bought the league and are gonna buy your way to safety with loads of players who couldn’t tell you what wolves was even short for. who cares how you stopped being shit as long as you’re not shit anymore. just sack it off with the weird holier than thou complex an loads of other fans would probably enjoy your opinions more. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Like we didn't really? Name me a club that wrote off £100m like we did to get promoted. As I've said people in glass houses. Who the fvck are we to question wolves on money spent. 

They played the rules like we did end of. In fact we pushed the rules. 

Move already said I’m not saying we didn’t. But he’s already denied they didn’t spend to win the championship and Denis really spending this year because it was turning pre agreed loans into permanent deals. 

Its smart by wolves but it is buying the league. If your club has the money why not because that’s the way footballs gone I suppose just don’t deny it. Embrace it. 

As a side note I also think wolves will end up being a really really good team. The only worry they really need to have is wether or not they make themselves appealing to these sorts of players before the relationship with the agent turns sour if it ever does. 

Just wont be the second coming if Man City some think. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

As a side note I also think wolves will end up being a really really good team. The only worry they really need to have is wether or not they make themselves appealing to these sorts of players before the relationship with the agent turns sour if it ever does. 

Yeah ...   but we beat them twice so they can feck off !! ....    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The big money is in the Premier League and Championship clubs need to do whatever is necessary to get promoted. All this BS about "buying it" is grade A shite.  As a supporter of a Championship football club I want my owners to make it happen and really don't care if we bought it or not. Kudos to Wolves for getting it done and then playing football that is pleasing to the eye. 

22 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Amazing.

Last year the Championship thread was constantly about Wolves.

This year, the Premier League thread is disproportionately about Wolves.

Tin Man, Super_Horn et al have contributed brilliantly to this forum without constantly making their contributions always about their own club.

Enough about sodding Wolves.

I'm bored.

:mad:

But what do you think about Wolves? :ph34r:

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Just wont be the second coming if Man City some think. 

I'm not going into technicalities I've not seen The Bear deny the spending. I've seen him deny the amount of new players they have signed. And I agree with him loan to buy players are not new signings. 

Had we got mahrez in our championship winning season on a loan to buy would he have been seen as a new player? 

Yes I think he could answer's me questions that he chooses not to. But I also think some of them could be asked in a less pointed way. And as I have said he shows more respect to our club than some of our own. 

I'm not pointing you out for that at all. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely right...exactly like Bournemouth have done....

You tosser....

:D

Bournemouth had a strong core of players, made some steady acquisitions and had a forward thinking manager... Cardiff are s*** and have Neil Warnock in charge.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The big money is in the Premier League and Championship clubs need to do whatever is necessary to get promoted. All this BS about "buying it" is grade A shite.  As a supporter of a Championship football club I want my owners to make it happen and really don't care if we bought it or not. Kudos to Wolves for getting it done and then playing football that is pleasing to the eye. 

Yeah, especially pleasing when they let us beat them every time :whistle:

Enough about wolves buying the league (They did, fair play to em)

I like the "Cardiff and Huddersfield bring nothing to the league" debate.

I personally agree with it. Don't begrudge them their chance but will be glad when they **** off again for all of the reasons already mentioned.

We couldn't even give ourselves credit (unanimously at least) for beating Huddersfield and Newcastle. And after seeing how shit the Geordies were, short of Benitez turning it around, the relegation places look pretty much sewn up already as someone joked about recently. 

Someone also stuck up for Huddersfield 're budgets, but getting promoted to the premier league is like winning the ****ing lottery so that doesn't wash for them or Cardiff, but mostly for Burnley.

Now they are a team I really can't wait for, to **** off.

Talking about budgets after 5 seasons of premier league money! Now there is the wolves type argument that maybe they can't attract those type of players, but ****ing hell, it would be nice  if they even tried. Understandable for Huddersfield and Cardiff as it's still early days but Burnley can **** right off. They didn't even embrace Europa so what is the ****ing point in them even being here.

Its like being invited to the top table and bringing a ****ing lunch box with jam sarnies in it.

That's my two penneth. You're welcome.

Love from the briefcase willy puller ?

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Move already said I’m not saying we didn’t. But he’s already denied they didn’t spend to win the championship and Denis really spending this year because it was turning pre agreed loans into permanent deals. 

Its smart by wolves but it is buying the league. If your club has the money why not because that’s the way footballs gone I suppose just don’t deny it. Embrace it. 

Edited - I can’t read. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm not going into technicalities I've not seen The Bear deny the spending. I've seen him deny the amount of new players they have signed. And I agree with him loan to buy players are not new signings. 

Had we got mahrez in our championship winning season on a loan to buy would he have been seen as a new player? 

Yes I think he could answer's me questions that he chooses not to. But I also think some of them could be asked in a less pointed way. And as I have said he shows more respect to our club than some of our own. 

I'm not pointing you out for that at all. 

I’m pointing more towards the denial of spending in the championship season. They abused the system with loan signings before spending the cash to make them permanent this season but fair play to them. 

Was it them at one point looking to pay someone 100k a week in the chanpionship? Could be way out there but I’m sure it was them? 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

That wage was reported for Neves but it was nonsense. 

I can just as easily say Leicester bought the league for promotion, and even spent so much you broke FFP rules. And then set up dodgy companies to get round it. 

Nobodies denying that though. We played a dodgy game and it worked, nobody on here cares because it worked.

I think some people just think you did similarly but you’re unwilling to accept it. I’ve not seen you deny it to be fair.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't put words in quotations to something I didn't say you disingenuous tosser, I said they cheapened the league not that they didn't deserve to be in the league, they are here by merit. But would I rather have a Villa in the league over a tinpot club like Huddersfield or Cardiff? Yes, because they're boring clubs who will never seek to better themselves other than just survive

That's literally all that Villa did when they were in the Prem last time lol

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That wage was reported for Neves but it was nonsense. 

I can just as easily say Leicester bought the league for promotion, and even spent so much you broke FFP rules. And then set up dodgy companies to get round it. 

I don’t think we have anyone denying we did some dodgy business though. That’s the difference. 

• Like 4