Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

A bit like 14 other teams,in the PL...Wolves n Foxes alike..

Can we create some kind of swear jar where everytime somebody mentions wolves in this thread they have to donate a pound to FoxesTalk or some charity 

Edited by foxfanazer

So sick of Gary Neville making out that Man United are somehow above other clubs for having some dreamt up ideology of not sacking managers.

They, like every other club in the world, will sack their manager when it's not going well enough.

Man United had the luxury of having comfortably the greatest manager ever to walk the Earth lead their club during a 25 odd year period where they were the regularly the best team in the Country/Europe. Such title cannot be bestowed on the three that have followed him.

Man United are in a considerable mess and Mourinho is clearly the problem.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can we create some kind of swear jar where everytime somebody mentions wolves in this thread they have to donate a pound to FoxesTalk or some charity 

You just mentioned the W word to be fair.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know it's awfully tempting to hypothesise whether you would rather sign G Murray or M Arnautovic.

I confirm, I would rather set myself on fire.

I'd have Arnautovic here every day of the week.

Proper arsehole and you don't know what sort of a player is going to turn up, but on his day (which is becoming more and more common) he is next to unplayable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd have Arnautovic here every day of the week.

Proper arsehole and you don't know what sort of a player is going to turn up, but on his day (which is becoming more and more common) he is next to unplayable.

Yeah quality player, don’t understand why anybody would turn a player with his ability down

30 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Dances with Wolves is my favourite film. 

Oops... Don't mention the W word!.. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it! 

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So sick of Gary Neville making out that Man United are somehow above other clubs for having some dreamt up ideology of not sacking managers.

They, like every other club in the world, will sack their manager when it's not going well enough.

Man United had the luxury of having comfortably the greatest manager ever to walk the Earth lead their club during a 25 odd year period where they were the regularly the best team in the Country/Europe. Such title cannot be bestowed on the three that have followed him.

Also this ‘Man Utd way’ of playing that Neville, Scholes, etc bang on about is a load of bollocks. There is no ‘Man Utd way’, it was the Fergie way. Now Fergie’s retired they won’t be able to play how they used to, regardless of who the manager is. 

Actually kind of similar to our situation... Lots of fans (including myself) mourn for the 15/16 playstyle but reality is it cannot be replicated! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

One obsession  spuds.JPG.8520695d59084c16c50f744b865d9b29.JPG  gives way to another.   wolves.JPG.08fca7d156f82ca689b2265e18d3e4f6.JPG

How long do these cycles usually run?

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's far more than just him. The entire culture of the club is wrong. They're finally paying the price for prioritising pandering to glory hunters over building a successful team.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I didn’t see Neville’s latest rant but if you look into what he’s saying you can understand it. His point isn’t as simple as should Mourinho stay or go but if the board had a philosophy when looking for a new manager would they have appointed him in the first place and because they have, they should have known what to expect.

If you compare that to us appointing Puel, Rudkin gets a load of shit from fans but if you think it’s actually his philosophy that has seen him go for someone like Puel and has had the balls to stick with him which is seeing us see a lot of players given a chance where they previously wouldn’t and players playing for England.

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I agree with the fact it's awful the rumor has been leaked but it's also a little excessively cynical of him to seem to assume it was leaked somehow deliberately, United are the biggest sporting machine in Europe and one of the biggest in the world, they can't move without the press all over everything, they'd always struggle for complete secrecy. 

I also found it irritating that he yet again joined in with this targeting of the board suggesting that they're to blame for hiring bad managers. They hired Jose Mourinho. Jose ****ing Mourinho, aye I think he lost the plot a fair few years ago and yes it does transpire that he is now the problem but it's not like they hired Sam Allardyce, I think most people would have agreed he was a manager worthy of a massive club when he started. Hindsight's a wonderful thing, etc.

I mean since SAF they've had Moyes, who he sounded out as his replacement (which was admittedly a mistake letting him choose but a mistake that almost the entire footballing world went along with), Louis van Gaal who had enormous pedigree and Jose Mourinho who is one of the most decorated active managers on the planet. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I agree with the fact it's awful the rumor has been leaked but it's also a little excessively cynical of him to seem to assume it was leaked somehow deliberately, United are the biggest sporting machine in Europe and one of the biggest in the world, they can't move without the press all over everything, they'd always struggle for complete secrecy. 

I also found it irritating that he yet again joined in with this targeting of the board suggesting that they're to blame for hiring bad managers. They hired Jose Mourinho. Jose ****ing Mourinho, aye I think he lost the plot a fair few years ago and yes it does transpire that he is now the problem but it's not like they hired Sam Allardyce, I think most people would have agreed he was a manager worthy of a massive club when he started. Hindsight's a wonderful thing, etc.

I mean since SAF they've had Moyes, who he sounded out as his replacement (which was admittedly a mistake letting him choose but a mistake that almost the entire footballing world went along with), Louis van Gaal who had enormous pedigree and Jose Mourinho who is one of the most decorated active managers on the planet. 

I dunno, plenty of people were sceptical about his appointment when it was first rumoured. We'd seen before how his schtick went down at a genuinely big club when at Madrid, he's clearly more suited to smaller, more tinpot clubs like Chelsea.

He's been run out of town within three years too many times now to avoid the conclusion that he's a limited manager a bit too overreliant on the chequebook.

I see people blaming their recruitment team for loads of duff signings. But it's not like he's not had his input is it, would many other managers have been rushing out and getting in what they have. They've bought players to suit his boring functional system. He's the one choosing to keep the likes of Felani as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Poor that from West Ham.

65% possession and 16 shots away from home but very wasteful in front of goal

Like their bubbles...start and float so beautifully,then fade and burst,when they reach the sky...

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I see people blaming their recruitment team for loads of duff signings. But it's not like he's not had his input is it, would many other managers have been rushing out and getting in what they have. They've bought players to suit his boring functional system. He's the one choosing to keep the likes of Felani as well.

His input would have been spending £75 mill plus on Harry Maguire or Alderweireld . I can see the money men challenging the wisdom of that 

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho put one of his few allies up to it.

Leak a story about him getting sacked so the club are then forced to either deny it or say nothing and confirm it's true. He wanted to know where he stood and this was the best way to do it. 

Ordinarily, I'd think this was too cynical but I don't think you can be too cynical when talking about Mourinho. 

Edited by Danizen
  • Like 2

Don't think you can point the finger at anyone in this situation. Man Utd knew the type of guy they were bringing in, Jose plays a defensive style and was known for parking the bus or with less possession. He's then brought into a team where he's expected to play attacking, expressive football. 

Now Jose must've known this when he took the job, so either he isn't abke to successfully play that style of football or doesn't want to. He can't say he doesn't have the players, given he's had huge amounts of money chucked at the team. 

Something is wrong behind the scenes, no one from the board to the players are on the same page. People seem to be pulling in different directions.