Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

May be detested by some, but Warnock deserves more respect for what he has achieved.

Not detested by me. He deserves respect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Only team to have beaten Newcastle by 2 goals in the league aren't we? A Newcastle team away that have just won 3 on the bounce. Remotely decent? Depends on the definition I guess.

They are dross, which we aren't much better either. I'm concerned we've had a very easy last few months and not really taken advantage of it, we'll have to pick up a few results we aren't expected to I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They are dross, which we aren't much better either. I'm concerned we've had a very easy last few months and not really taken advantage of it, we'll have to pick up a few results we aren't expected to I think.

I don't think Newcastle are as bad as they're made out. One goal defeats to Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs followed by a draw and 3 wins.

I absolutely agree with you regarding our last month or so and would like to have picked up 3/4 more points from that run of games but it has been a difficult period. That may seem like an easy excuse but it's true nonetheless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max Wall said:

At some point in the future, you may be correct of course. Right now, you're not. Cba to engage any further, the facts don't back up your statement just now. Defending it is futile but good luck to you.

I see that your argument rests on the fact that because we are currently above them in the table we are definitively better and there's nothing else to it. Fine, I've got no recourse to change your mind on that. I think there's more to it though. We aren't a better side than Wolves and we are equally as dysfunctional. 

Please do try and make points beyond grammatical minutiae though. Anyone with a brain could have inferred that I was referring to Wolves as having played a game more. I think it would be fewer rather than less by the way.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I see that your argument rests on the fact that because we are currently above them in the table we are definitively better and there's nothing else to it. Fine, I've got no recourse to change your mind on that. I think there's more to it though. We aren't a better side than Wolves and we are equally as dysfunctional. 

Please do try and make points beyond grammatical minutiae though. Anyone with a brain could have inferred that I was referring to Wolves as having played a game more. I think it would be fewer rather than less by the way.

Mate, I'm not arguing.

You made a statement that we're as bad as Wolves, if not worse. I replied with the league table showing us 2 points ahead with a game in hand and a superior goal difference of 5. I added to that we were in the cup quarters and Wolves are not. I could have added that we've beaten them twice (luckily or otherwise, depending on your view point).

You then carried it on by saying that being slightly better than Wolves was no cause for celebration when I didn't state that it was.

Then you make a total mug of yourself by saying we've played a game more when we haven't and try and score points by saying I should have replied with fewer, not less.

You made a statement, you were wrong. Now you won't accept it. The only reply I have left is this,

Image result for fingers in ears images

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Man City take out  mahrez Silva and Aguero and still could score  5 or  6 today 

Well obviously with Mahrez out they'd have a better chance of that. :ph34r: