Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbh didn't we (Our great, late Chairman) make similar statements, claims, aims and visions?

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

We made them reality and surpassed them, earlier than planned but the claims were there - did other clubs have such a chip on their shoulder regarding it?:dunno:

The message on Watford's banner said it all yesterday, we (Vichai) allowed others to dream, allowing other to aspire, give them hope, prove it could be done.

Fair play to Wolves for these aims, aslong as it's not at a cost to us I hope they do achieve something.

Not knocking it -just providing context for some of the reaction 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbh didn't we (Our great, late Chairman) make similar statements, claims, aims and vision?

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

We made them a reality and surpassed them, earlier than planned but the claims were there - did other clubs have such a chip on their shoulder regarding it? :dunno:  (Genuinely don't know what other clubs made of the statements).

The message on Watford's banner said it all yesterday, we (Vichai) allowed others to dream, allowing other to aspire, give them hope, prove it could be done.

Fair play to Wolves for these aims, aslong as it's not at a cost to us I hope they do achieve something.

Most other fans I know laughed at Vichai's claims. That actually made the title win all the better for me. 

I guess people's problems on here is not wanting a similar sized club to do it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

I really don't get this fecking obsession with Wolves on here. The press pick a team every season that gets promoted to arse lick. 

They probably pick the area with least sales hoping they get a boost. 

But as for wolves many unproven players. They've had the honeymoon now to get on with it. They will find there level after 38 games. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Tbh didn't we (Our great, late Chairman) make similar statements, claims, aims and visions?

We made them reality and surpassed them, earlier than planned but the claims were there - did other clubs have such a chip on their shoulder regarding it?

The message on Watford's banner said it all yesterday, we (Vichai) allowed others to dream, allowing others to aspire, give them hope, prove it could be done.

For me there's two things going on here and neither of them are necessarily about to the actual personnel at the club Wolves. 

1. The ridiculous over the top arrogance of their fans on social media after their promotion. Every club has its fair share of absolute Internet melts and we're no exception but that lot seemed to be more up themselves for winning the championship than we were winning the Prem. It was excessive. 

2. The average comedic intelligence on this forum is like Roy Chubby Brown minus Peter Kay times the Chuckle Brothers squared. When someone posts a joke and gets a laugh, about ten thousand more people will repeat it for rep points over and over and over and over. 

The first one or two jokes about Wolves being massive and title contenders were kinda funny, now it's ****ing dull and dead but people will keep forcing it all season because they have zero creativity and they're desperate for people on the Internet to find them funny. 

I mean, how many times was the same Maddison video posted in the summer? And it wouldn't surprise me if someone quotes this post and links it again because THAT'S SUCH BANTS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

For me there's two things going on here and neither of them are necessarily about to the actual personnel at the club Wolves. 

1. The ridiculous over the top arrogance of their fans on social media after their promotion. Every club has its fair share of absolute Internet melts and we're no exception but that lot seemed to be more up themselves for winning the championship than we were winning the Prem. It was excessive. 

2. The average comedic intelligence on this forum is like Roy Chubby Brown minus Peter Kay times the Chuckle Brothers squared. When someone posts a joke and gets a laugh, about ten thousand more people will repeat it for rep points over and over and over and over. 

The first one or two jokes about Wolves being massive and title contenders were kinda funny, now it's ****ing dull and dead but people will keep forcing it all season because they have zero creativity and they're desperate for people on the Internet to find them funny. 

I mean, how many times was the same Maddison video posted in the summer? And it wouldn't surprise me if someone quotes this post and links it again because THAT'S SUCH BANTS. 

:whistle:

dtyjqhkjhtoleb91kqkh.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What’s wrong with the Chuckle brothers? 

Apart from the obvious

Edited by foxfanazer

Dtak6ZLWoAEeteZ?format=jpg&name=orig

Interesting stuff.

Compared to last season, we're ahead on points after the same number of games played, but actually doing worse when the equivalent fixtures are taken into account. Even though it feels like we've improved?

Everton and Burnley perhaps reversing their outlier results of last season... and lol at Man Utd

Edited by brucey

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Dtak6ZLWoAEeteZ?format=jpg&name=orig

Interesting stuff.

Compared to last season, we're ahead on points after the same number of games played, bit actually doing worse when the equivalent fixtures are taken into account.

Not really that surprising is it? I'd have expected this kind of thing i'll be honest - Infact I think I said similar and made the comparisons a couple of weeks ago.

We had a incredibly tough start last season, so i'd expect to be ahead on points in comparison, simple as that really.

I could go on and say more but I feel people would think i'm shaking a stick or forcing an agenda and it'd turn into another almightly Puel in/out debate, quite frankly despite my opinions i'm sick of it so i'll stop there.

Sad state of affairs when you feel like that on a platform when you're here to debate such things.

Edited by Matt

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not really that surprising is it? I'd have expected this kind of thing i'll be honest - Infact I think I said similar and made the comparisons a couple of weeks ago.

We had a incredibly tough start last season, so i'd expect to be ahead on points in comparison, simple as that really.

I could go on and say more but I feel people would think i'm shaking a stick or forcing an agenda and it'd turn into another almightly Puel in/out debate, quite frankly despite my opinions i'm sick of it so i'll stop there.

Sad state of affairs when you feel like that on a platform when you're here to debate such things.

True but as you say the Puel in/out thing has been done to death on here and every topic gets hijacked by the same discussion 

• Like 1