Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Tbh didn't we (Our great, late Chairman) make similar statements, claims, aims and visions?

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

We made them reality and surpassed them, earlier than planned but the claims were there - did other clubs have such a chip on their shoulder regarding it?

The message on Watford's banner said it all yesterday, we (Vichai) allowed others to dream, allowing others to aspire, give them hope, prove it could be done.

Fair play to Wolves for these aims, aslong as it's not at a cost to us I hope they do achieve something.

My problem is Fosun taking a stake in Mendes’ agency and then obtaining his players to create a “PL squad as agent’s shop window”.  I didn’t realize just how bad it was until the recent der Spiegel article.

To me that is an intolerable conflict of interest, resulting in unfair advantage.  It’s distressing that the League choose to look the other way.

I am not bothered about their ambitions.  It’s the Chinese ownership’s method of achieving that ambition that has me hoping they get thrashed every time out.

Cue the Bear to pop up and cite a clean bill of health (which by now is every bit as tiring as the bantz).  But the facts are there to see.  I can’t be the only one.