Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Should've seen a few goals already. I'd be starting Lookman instead of Walcott who's best days are behind him now. Been quite even so far. Atmosphere seems a bit flat for a derby, got nothing on the North London one from earlier.

Edited by egg_fried_rice

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

By the laws of the game yes it should be, but it seems refs change their mind even sometimes during the game on whether it’s a card or not. The inconsistency from refs at times is astounding. 

Handball is impossible. Rarely do you see a deliberate handball. Refs basically have to decide whether or not the player instinctively/ subconsciously, put their hand in the way of the ball or whether it was just innocently dangling in the way somehow. Can only ever decide it by feel. Its a gray area i dont see how to fix. Will always be controversial. 

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Handball is impossible. Rarely do you see a deliberate handball. Refs basically have to decide whether or not the player instinctively/ subconsciously, put their hand in the way of the ball or whether it was just innocently dangling in the way somehow. Can only ever decide it by feel. Its a gray area i dont see how to fix. Will always be controversial. 

That’s a bit of a cop out you could use that argument with someone punching a player.

If it’s accidental ball to hand = no foul, if it’s hand to ball instinctive or not it’s a foul and a card. No need to make it more complicated which is what they seem to be doing with a lot of the laws of the game.

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I agree it’s a complex issue but Manes was clearly intentional lol if it is as clear as day as that it should be an easy yellow

1 minute ago, davieG said:

That’s a bit of a cop out you could use that argument with someone punching a player.

If it’s accidental ball to hand = no foul, if it’s hand to ball instinctive or not it’s a foul and a card. No need to make it more complicated which is what they seem to be doing with a lot of the laws of the game.

You are right, but in practise it never seems to work out that simply. Some instances its hard to call it ball to hand or hand to ball and its 50-50 what the ref calls. They used VAR in the world cup and it didnt make the decision any more clear

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You know sometimes you really just don't like a player and you're not even sure why? He's one of those. X 

I know why. He is from the Brazilian play acting school of footballers lead by Neymar. It worked well against us, but kind of refreshing to see this ref having none of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I know why. He is from the Brazilian play acting school of footballers lead by Neymar. It worked well against us, but kind of refreshing to see this ref having none of it. 

It's not even that rational.  Just don't like him and I don't know why.  Same with Kane (even before our title win) and Salah.  It's completely irrational, I know it's wrong but cannae shake it.  X

23 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Ramsey played well when he came on. He will be a big loss if he goes on a free 

I don't understand why they are letting him go. I assume that he wants a big payday but why do Arsenal let players get to the last year of their contract?

Edited by gurru991

21 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You are right, but in practise it never seems to work out that simply. Some instances its hard to call it ball to hand or hand to ball and its 50-50 what the ref calls. They used VAR in the world cup and it didnt make the decision any more clear

Yes but we’re talking hand to ball by Mane, there should be no doubt instinctive or not he should have been booked.