Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why on earth would a neutral broadcaster assign Carragher to commentate on a Liverpool/Everton game?

Well he supported Everton and played for Liverpool and is very knowledgeable about the history of Merseyside football. I thought he was as impartial as he gets. 

Aside from that, I'm not overly enthused about Carragher as a commentator myself, but perhaps your question should be why would a broadcaster retain the services of one of their flagship presenters that flobbed in the direction of a young girl?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Well he supported Everton and played for Liverpool and is very knowledgeable about the history of Merseyside football. I thought he was as impartial as he gets. 

Aside from that, I'm not overly enthused about Carragher as a commentator myself, but perhaps your question should be why would a broadcaster retain the services of one of their flagship presenters that flobbed in the direction of a young girl?

lol, I just really hate bias and having him on that game is asking for it. I know about the Everton fan link but its always described as though it was just when he was a kid. Don't know if he still holds them feelings but still

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

lol, I just really hate bias and having him on that game is asking for it. I know about the Everton fan link but its always described as though it was just when he was a kid. Don't know if he still holds them feelings but still

Well although the Everton badge tattoo was a myth, he nonetheless was a diehard supporter in his youth. 

I don't think he betrayed any particular bias today, but as I said, not a fan of his commentary. 

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Managers aren't allowed on the field during the game, are they?

Not supposed to and Danny Mills has suggested a certain other manager down the road in Manchester would get into trouble..

Mind you he didn't cause any problems/offence to anyone from Everton.

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

My problem is Fosun taking a stake in Mendes’ agency and then obtaining his players to create a “PL squad as agent’s shop window”.  I didn’t realize just how bad it was until the recent der Spiegel article.

To me that is an intolerable conflict of interest, resulting in unfair advantage.  It’s distressing that the League choose to look the other way.

I am not bothered about their ambitions.  It’s the Chinese ownership’s method of achieving that ambition that has me hoping they get thrashed every time out.

Cue the Bear to pop up and cite a clean bill of health (which by now is every bit as tiring as the bantz).  But the facts are there to see.  I can’t be the only one.

People can get upset about it all they like. It's pretty irrelevant now though, it doesn't matter if the authorities deem it's ok or not. The main thing is that the owners have a good relationship with Mendes. If they are told they can't invest in his agency they'll just sell their stake and help him out some other way. 

Got to give it to Unai Emery, after 22 years of Wenger this guy come in and totally changed  Arsenal performances without spending huge amounts like the Manchester teams, he bought the  midfielder Lucas Torreira in August for 26m which seems like a bargain. Emery was excellent on his substitutions and tactics while Poch didn't do anything. Arsenal board really made a choice in getting Emery. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Got to give it to Unai Emery, after 22 years of Wenger this guy come in and totally changed  Arsenal performances without spending huge amounts like the Manchester teams, he bought the  midfielder Lucas Torreira in August for 26m which seems like a bargain. Emery was excellent on his substitutions and tactics while Poch didn't do anything. Arsenal board really made a choice in getting Emery. 

He changed the game with his half time subs.

• Like 1