Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Is there a worse midfielder in the PL than Eric Dire (intentional spelling mistake). And Vertongens sending off was a complete joke - its a contact sport ffs. Wins the ball, Arse player arrives late and gets kicked, Vertongen sent off!. Mike Dean is a crap ref  - as are most PL refs.

10 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Is there a worse midfielder in the PL than Eric Dire (intentional spelling mistake). And Vertongens sending off was a complete joke - its a contact sport ffs. Wins the ball, Arse player arrives late and gets kicked, Vertongen sent off!. Mike Dean is a crap ref  - as are most PL refs.

Terrible decision.. 

But he's a verminous Spud..so well done Mike Dean! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I remember being in the Kop, earlyish 90s. The opponents had at least one black player, and some absurd numbskulls were giving it racist nonsense. So, feeling uncharacteristically brave, I waited for some silence and then shouted out 'Julian (Joachim) is black'. This was met with a few lost souls saying 'ay?'. I clarified that their racism wasn't really compatible with cheering Julian on in our colours, and this got a few 'hear hear's. Still surprised I didn't get my head kicked in.

:appl:

Massive respect for doing that, it's hard to go against the norm in a public situation like that which is why deep routed hate can be ingrained into everyday life. The thing about racism is that it's entirely a man-made construct, if you put two babies / toddlers next to each other of different colours they will literally not give the foggiest about the colour of each other. It's just used as a tool to lash out against pain and hurt of a different kind, and for people to want to feel like belonging to something even if the cause is tyrannical. Judge the man for his actions and behaviour, not the colour of his skin!

Luckily for us, not all heroes wear capes, as HighPeakFox proves! We need more people like you!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

:appl:

Massive respect for doing that, it's hard to go against the norm in a public situation like that which is why deep routed hate can be ingrained into everyday life. The thing about racism is that it's entirely a man-made construct, if you put two babies / toddlers next to each other of different colours they will literally not give the foggiest about the colour of each other. It's just used as a tool to lash out against pain and hurt of a different kind, and for people to want to feel like belonging to something even if the cause is tyrannical. Judge the man for his actions and behaviour, not the colour of his skin.

Luckily for us, not all heroes wear capes, as HighPeakFox proves!

Thank you. Although I hate racism, it is just one 'ism' under an umbrella of 'look, it's different, isolate, demean, belittle,  bully it'. I have been isolated for non-racial reasons, so I often feel empathy with the unfairly denigrated, whatever the 'reason' for it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

How did Hoilett win MotD goal of the month?

I know it's a good strike but not perfect, you see hits like that in the football League every month or so.

Man City passing United into oblivion clearly miles ahead

In your opinion. How many times did you vote. 

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

So, apparantly #DycheOut is now a thing:

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38232845

2 wins in 19 games.

When you play the way they do and have the sort of players they have, players need to be putting in 100% week in week out. Watching them at ours there is no way they are doing that at the minute, they looked unrecognisable from the usual Burnley who made life difficult for pretty much everyone with their work rate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I don't understand why they are letting him go. I assume that he wants a big payday but why do Arsenal let players get to the last year of their contract?

I don’t get it either, maybe he is asking for a lot of money because there is interest in him but they should try and sell instead of running his contract down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

When you play the way they do and have the sort of players they have, players need to be putting in 100% week in week out. Watching them at ours there is no way they are doing that at the minute, they looked unrecognisable from the usual Burnley who made life difficult for pretty much everyone with their work rate.

Makes it even more of a missed opportunity that we didn't manage to score against them. Unfortunate timing, that's all.