Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

SFC is a clear case of bad ownership and management decisions. It must really burn to see Puel doing an alright job at LCFC and beating them/knocking them out. Sad considering how they were a few seasons ago with VD/Sane etc they were bloody dangerous and were getting close to top 4 spot at one point. How did it all go so wrong?

Thankgod we have a solid ownership with a vision to build upon. Than treating a club as a Horse breeding establishment and sell off when they are ready to be sold for £££££££ amounts.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

They just reported as breaking news that Nigel was interested then spewed our Shakeys name almost like an add on...Wouldn’t be surprised if they throw Steve Walsh’s name out there before long...Just have it on in the background as I find most of what they pontificate about very irritating ?

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wonder if thats individually or as a pair ??

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nige calling for Walsh and Shakey. 

FixedSereneHornedtoad-size_restricted.gi

Individually as it says shakey and Pearson both interested in the managers spot. 

39 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

If Southampton appoint Allardyce they’ll stay up easily. 

You think so? Fat Sam is hugely overrated. Southampton look a lost cause and only stayed up last season because Swansea fell apart.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

You think so? Fat Sam is hugely overrated. Southampton look a lost cause and only stayed up last season because Swansea fell apart.

Certainly do. Zero doubt he’d keep them up if he were to get the job. 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

For those that want Puel out, look at Southampton... 

This is crudely over simplistic to be fair. 

Southampton's decline is much bigger than whether or not Puel was at the club. They have an owner with little interest in football, not really investing a great deal and replacing Puel with one of the worst managers in the league. 

I mean, if you'd said "for those of you that want Puel out, Top to stop investing and Leicester to hire Alan Pardew" then you might have something comparable, although I suspect you'd be talking to a very small, niche group. 

I get that the grass isn't always greener, mind, and we could definitely do much worse than Puel. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is crudely over simplistic to be fair. 

Southampton's decline is much bigger than whether or not Puel was at the club. They have an owner with little interest in football, not really investing a great deal and replacing Puel with one of the worst managers in the league. 

I mean, if you'd said "for those of you that want Puel out, Top to stop investing and Leicester to hire Alan Pardew" then you might have something comparable, although I suspect you'd be talking to a very small, niche group. 

I get that the grass isn't always greener, mind, and we could definitely do much worse than Puel. 

They've spent decent money the last two seasons haven't they? Problem is they've bought a load of dross to replace very good players.

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They've spent decent money the last two seasons haven't they? Problem is they've bought a load of dross to replace very good players.

Yes and no. They've spent what they've had in from the likes of Van Dyjk but since their old chairman died and his daughter took over, there's been no real interest from their owners in taking the club forward

Just now, The Doctor said:

Yes and no. They've spent what they've had in from the likes of Van Dyjk but since their old chairman died and his daughter took over, there's been no real interest from their owners in taking the club forward

Not much different to normal then really. £120m over two seasons according to transfermarket is good money, and that's excluding the Ings deal and they are obliged to buy him for about £20m

Granted this is mainly to Liverpool but you look at the below team of players they've sold in the past 4 years and its no wonder they're in trouble; this would be a top 6 team

Gazzaniga

Clyne     Van Dijk   Lovren   Shaw

Wanyama    Schneiderlin

Mane            Lallana           Tadic

Pelle    

Their recruitment to replace these players has been poor also Carrillo £19m (now on loan), Gunn for £12m when they already have McCarthy and Forster, Bouffal £16m (also on loan) etc