Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can’t say I know anything about him.

Briefly seen his name mentioned in threads suggesting replacements for Puel.

Good early years track record, one of the best managers names on  potential within   Northern-europe...

Leipzig..one could say was his Leicester city moment,so far..!!

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Another pointless stats post.

REVEALED Alternative Premier League table after 14 matches, based on expected goals
This is how stats experts think the Premier League table SHOULD look with more than a third of the season gone

Premier League table based on ‘expected goals’?

20. Burnley – Real position = 19
R............

1. Manchester City – Real position = 1

Real points = 38 | Expected points = 36.60

I just dont understand predictive stats.. surely a statistic is something that has happened and been measured?

20 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Cant believe we're still stuck with Clown Puel when we could have this guy i've never heard of :ph34r:

Stop trying to put words in my mouth or push your agenda.

Both are simple statements that are fact. I have never once said what you’re alluding too.

Once again making pathetic, petty, sarcastic and snide comments that are making this place very hard to even say the most simple of comments or hold opinions at the moment.

Just now, Matt said:

Stop trying to put words in my mouth or push your agenda.

Both are simple statements that are fact. I have never once said what you’re alluding too.

Once again making pathetic, petty, sarcastic and snide comments that are making this place very hard to even say the most simple of comments or hold opinions at the moment.

Actually wasnt directed at you mate

Just pathetic, petty, snide and sarcastic in general :)

Didnt even think you displayed any sort of opinion either way in your post

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Actually wasnt directed at you mate

Just pathetic, petty, snide and sarcastic in general :)

Didnt even think you displayed any sort of opinion either way in your post

How dare you make a joke, directed at nobody in particular? :P

Although this has reminded me to say, I now try to avoid making such posts, only because it can trigger people I respect (such as @Matt, @Swan Lesta, @Arriba Los Zorrosor @NotTheMarketLeader), even if I think they're sometimes wide of the mark. I'm trying to get better at realising who the trolls are and aren't.

I'm not Puel-in as much as 'There are SO many managers I DON'T want'-in - perhaps that clarifies my position better, (and that of a few others), and helps to prevent further misunderstanding between fans who all care. - if a genuinely better alternative becomes clear, then of course he must be considered.

There are plenty enough on here who give a different opinion a bad name, and unfortunately, there will never be any getting through to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How dare you make a joke, directed at nobody in particular? :P

Although this has reminded me to say, I now try to avoid making such posts, only because it can trigger people I respect (such as @Matt, @Swan Lesta, @Arriba Los Zorrosor @NotTheMarketLeader), even if I think they're sometimes wide of the mark. I'm trying to get better at realising who the trolls are and aren't.

I'm not Puel-in as much as 'There are SO many managers I DON'T want'-in - perhaps that clarifies my position better, (and that of a few others), and helps to prevent further misunderstanding between fans who all care. - if a genuinely better alternative becomes clear, then of course he must be considered.

There are plenty enough on here who give a different opinion a bad name, and unfortunately, there will never be any getting through to them.

I've definitely been petty about it recently after our current league position

But as we continue to do ok it gets funnier and funnier, all the Puel Out stuff

We keep beating Southampton too and they have sacked another manager

Time to bump that thread entitled  "Southampton fans must be loving this" 

That lasted a second before they started plummeting again lol

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

PREMIER LEAGUE FEES 
Team    Amount
Manchester City    £3,906,635.92
Tottenham    £3,424,382.93
Chelsea    £2,994,608.78
Manchester United    £2,854,849.32
Liverpool    £2,018,502.21
Arsenal    £1,732,354.39
Leicester    £1,700,314.67
Southampton    £872,806.10
West Ham    £855,129.02
Everton    £644,108.81
Burnley    £490,539.13
Crystal Palace    £482,805.40
Huddersfield    £477,281.31
Wolves    £341,941.12
Watford    £324,264.04
Brighton    £259,079.79
Fulham    £142,521.50
Newcastle    £96,119.15
Bournemouth    £0.00
Cardiff    £0.00

Manchester City have claimed the most of any Premier League side after FIFA dished out their fees for players appearing at the World Cup.

The governing body pays out a staggering £163million to clubs who have had players at the tournament. Each club's share is calculated from the number of squad members and the days they have spent at the World Cup.

That ranges from two weeks prior to the tournament to the day after a player's team is eliminated. A share for each player is given to the clubs a player has been registered with for the two years before the World Cup. 

It is not impacted by the amount of games that a player features in.  Incredibly, two Premier League sides received no money as they had no players at the World Cup. 

City top the charts in England as they have collected £3.9million for the players they had in Russia. Benjamin Mendy was the player from City who went furthest, reaching the final with France, although Kevin De Bruyne also went deep in the tournament with Belgium. John Stones, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling and Kyle Walker were part of Gareth Southgate's squad and played in the third-fourth play-off.

Tottenham, who had a number of representatives in Southgate's squad, came in just behind City at £3.4m.

Chelsea pulled in just under £3m for their players. Eden Hazard reached the last four with Belgium.

Manchester United, who saw midfielder Paul Pogba star at the tournament, ranked fourth in the English top flight with £2.8m in payments.

Liverpool were behind on £2.8m.  Their captain Jordan Henderson was among the players who went furthest, with England, while others featured to the latter stages.

Arsenal also pulled in a fee of over a million — £1.73m — with Leicester on £1.7m.  

After that, the likes of Southampton and West Ham pulled in over £800,000, Everton took £644,108 and Burnley received £490,539. 

Crystal Palace and Huddersfield received over £400,000, while newly-promoted Wolves still had enough players in the squad to take £341,941. 

Watford received £324,264 as Brighton were given £259,079. Fulham earned £142,521 and Newcastle were the last Premier League side to make money, on £96,119. 

On the other hand, Bournemouth and Cardiff did not receive a single penny from FIFA due to a lack of players at the competition.

Elsewhere in Europe, Spanish giants Real Madrid were handed £3.75m and Barcelona earned £3.2m from their players at the World Cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6459077/Manchester-City-scoop-3-9m-FIFA-World-Cup-does-rest-Premier-League-rank.html

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

PREMIER LEAGUE FEES 
Team    Amount
Manchester City    £3,906,635.92
Tottenham    £3,424,382.93
Chelsea    £2,994,608.78
Manchester United    £2,854,849.32
Liverpool    £2,018,502.21
Arsenal    £1,732,354.39
Leicester    £1,700,314.67
Southampton    £872,806.10
West Ham    £855,129.02
Everton    £644,108.81
Burnley    £490,539.13
Crystal Palace    £482,805.40
Huddersfield    £477,281.31
Wolves    £341,941.12
Watford    £324,264.04
Brighton    £259,079.79
Fulham    £142,521.50
Newcastle    £96,119.15
Bournemouth    £0.00
Cardiff    £0.00

Manchester City have claimed the most of any Premier League side after FIFA dished out their fees for players appearing at the World Cup.

The governing body pays out a staggering £163million to clubs who have had players at the tournament. Each club's share is calculated from the number of squad members and the days they have spent at the World Cup.

That ranges from two weeks prior to the tournament to the day after a player's team is eliminated. A share for each player is given to the clubs a player has been registered with for the two years before the World Cup. 

It is not impacted by the amount of games that a player features in.  Incredibly, two Premier League sides received no money as they had no players at the World Cup. 

City top the charts in England as they have collected £3.9million for the players they had in Russia. Benjamin Mendy was the player from City who went furthest, reaching the final with France, although Kevin De Bruyne also went deep in the tournament with Belgium. John Stones, Fabian Delph, Raheem Sterling and Kyle Walker were part of Gareth Southgate's squad and played in the third-fourth play-off.

Tottenham, who had a number of representatives in Southgate's squad, came in just behind City at £3.4m.

Chelsea pulled in just under £3m for their players. Eden Hazard reached the last four with Belgium.

Manchester United, who saw midfielder Paul Pogba star at the tournament, ranked fourth in the English top flight with £2.8m in payments.

Liverpool were behind on £2.8m.  Their captain Jordan Henderson was among the players who went furthest, with England, while others featured to the latter stages.

Arsenal also pulled in a fee of over a million — £1.73m — with Leicester on £1.7m.  

After that, the likes of Southampton and West Ham pulled in over £800,000, Everton took £644,108 and Burnley received £490,539. 

Crystal Palace and Huddersfield received over £400,000, while newly-promoted Wolves still had enough players in the squad to take £341,941. 

Watford received £324,264 as Brighton were given £259,079. Fulham earned £142,521 and Newcastle were the last Premier League side to make money, on £96,119. 

On the other hand, Bournemouth and Cardiff did not receive a single penny from FIFA due to a lack of players at the competition.

Elsewhere in Europe, Spanish giants Real Madrid were handed £3.75m and Barcelona earned £3.2m from their players at the World Cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6459077/Manchester-City-scoop-3-9m-FIFA-World-Cup-does-rest-Premier-League-rank.html

At the top end of the table - including us - the amount given is pretty negligible to most clubs, but it's still nice to see us up there. That huge gap between us and 8th is astonishing - hopefully its a good indicator that we're on track to cement our place as 'best of the rest'.

Would have been nice if that money had gone to the league as a whole and was distributed evenly so the smaller clubs don't miss out, and the whole league gets a bit stronger. Would have to work out how contributions get assigned to promoted/relegated clubs though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Frost said:

Good appointment by Saints, hope it goes well for them. More interesting than rehashing the usual Premier League has-been managers n'all.

Agreed. He seems like an excellent manager. I'm actually a little bit jealous. I hope they get relegated tbf. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

hope they go down still tbf, enough pointless southern clubs in this league

Disagree, they're a decent club with some heritage in the PL, even if its usually been at the bottom!

Rather them in it than more tinpot 'pashu-nut' northern teams like Burnley, Wigan, Huddersfield, Bolton, Ull etc etc etc

• Like 2

Might be in a minority but I quite like southampton and their recruitment with managers. Obviously with the exception of pellergrino and hughes. No one had heard of pochettino who did well then they got koeman. I like that they look abroad instead of going for british managers - big sam, moyes etc. Don't forget we've had 2 of their former managers in pearson and puel. 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Might be in a minority but I quite like southampton and their recruitment with managers. Obviously with the exception of pellergrino and hughes. No one had heard of pochettino who did well then they got koeman. I like that they look abroad instead of going for british managers - big sam, moyes etc. Don't forget we've had 2 of their former managers in pearson and puel. 

Wish we only had 1 of them....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Southampton have become one of those teams that just cling on, they aren’t going to do anything in the Prem with the squad they have, they’d probs be better off going down rebuilding and coming back up - even though we know that isn’t always how it goes

Coventry made an art of clinging on for years