Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He’s already there.

Not top 10 he isn't. He's not at Griezmann or Ronaldo levels. He's not done enough in Europe (Champions League I mean) to justify that tag at the minute. (I mean obviously he's been here but now has a chance to be consistently great at that level).

I am, obviously, a big fan of Riyad.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not top 10 he isn't. He's not at Griezmann or Ronaldo levels. He's not done enough in Europe (Champions League I mean) to justify that tag at the minute. (I mean obviously he's been here but now has a chance to be consistently great at that level).

I am, obviously, a big fan of Riyad.

After reading back I thought he meant Top 10 clubs in the world, not players lol

54 minutes ago, MattP said:

When I mean World Class I'm talking the elite - up there in the top ten. I think he can get there.

They all seem to improve under Pep to incredible levels, Bernardo Silva the most recent and Riyad could be the next one. 

well he already won the pfa player of the year and finished in the top 10 in the ballon d’or, and now he’s at a “big” club he’ll get recognised as one of the best 3 or 4 wingers in the world, which he clearly is and has been for some time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

As widely expected,Southampton have appointed Ralph Hasenhuttl. Strikes me as a big gamble this, reminds me of Villa appointing Remi Garde.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46437457

What appointment isn't a gamble..?? 

The players need a lift,I don't see the normal free pool of managers,having the nous to help Soton..

Remi Garde,and AV simply didnt have the players,who were up for it!!

Where as IMO ,Southampton has a better group of players,with a deeper quality in the squad.!!!  Hughes just couldn't tap into it!!

Easy to sit on the sidelines,and take negative potshots  at an unknown quantity..A new name,a fresh face,who will bring his own ideas,outside

the PL spectrum. Obviously nobody knows how it will pan out,but also for the neutral it makes it interesting to see what this new face can bring,

to the PL party.

Because I always tend to lean to the positive,and qualify proudly as a happy clapper....I have no hate(anymore) for any club or person,

I am more than happy to sit back and enjoy to let the natural path of PL-competition 38 games sort out all arguments..

That said..following City and taking in enjoying the frust and extacy,the twist and turns,is sufficient for my simple thoughts and ideas,other clubs

have their own fans for all that palava...:scarf:

I would like to wish the new man...a hearty welcome,  he is the first Austrian in the PL..so  Grias di und Hawedere,!!   feel free to yodel....

Edited by fuchsntf

Goals flying in now.

Watching Utd v Arsenal since I didnt have a Leicester stream, quality was pretty poor in the first half. Cant stand Ramsey, seems like a right arrogant fvcker who seems to think he's better than he actually is.

Peter Kenyon is leading a consortium to takeover Newcastle United.

Reckon it's a smokescreen by Mike Ashley to say something about the situation that'll probably won't happen until the end of the season; giving him an excuse as to why the club probably again won't have much transfer funds available in the January transfer window imo.

56 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Peter Kenyon is leading a consortium to takeover Newcastle United.

Reckon it's a smokescreen by Mike Ashley to say something about the situation that'll probably won't happen until the end of the season; giving him an excuse as to why the club probably again won't have much transfer funds available in the January transfer window imo.

How many times have Newcastle been "close" to a takeover in the last 2 or 3 years? I swear it's been 3 or 4 times and amounted to nothing. Ashley must be asking for way too much.

sd.png

• Like 1

It's amazing Danny Murphy knows all this different stuff about everything to do with football. I've heard him talk about how to be a defender, managerial decisions and all sorts with really vague phrases spoken with confidence - like he played as a centreback, he was obviously a well seasoned manager . . . wasn't he?

Bellend