Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

21 hours ago, KFS said:

Why are we letting English players have their first names on the back of their shirts now?

’Jordan’ on the back of Ibe’s shirt. Wow.

Are you suggesting it's ok for Non English players but not ok for English players.

West Ham have signed former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri - on the day he completes a doping ban.

The 31-year-old Frenchman has been without a club since 31 January, after leaving Turkish club Antalyaspor.

Nasri, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, served an 18-month doping ban for using an intravenous drip treatment but is available to play again from 1 January.

He won two Premier League titles and the League Cup in six years with City.

"Coming back to the most competitive league in the world, with a team full of ambition with a manager that I know.... it's the best job in the world, and I'm really excited about it," said Nasri.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

West Ham have signed former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri - on the day he completes a doping ban.

The 31-year-old Frenchman has been without a club since 31 January, after leaving Turkish club Antalyaspor.

Nasri, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, served an 18-month doping ban for using an intravenous drip treatment but is available to play again from 1 January.

"Coming back to the most competitive league in the world, with a team full of ambition with a manager that I know.... it's the best job in the world, and I'm really excited about it," said Nasri.

Such a West Ham signing 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

What is it with their scouting?

It's like they just sign players from other premier league clubs, presumably in the absence of their own ideas.

Fabianski. Ayew. Arnoutavic. Hart. Fonte. Snodgrass. The man city old geezer Argentine defender whose name escapes me as I write. Now nasri.

Can't they be arsed to go find their own players? Does any other premier team consist of as many ex premier players?

Edited to add that Man Utd Mexican too

Edited by Paninistickers

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What is it with their scouting?

It's like they just sign players from other premier league clubs, presumably in the absence of their own ideas.

Fabianski. Ayew. Arnoutavic. Hart. Fonte. Snodgrass. The man city old geezer Argentine defender whose name escapes me as I write. Now nasri.

Can't they be arsed to go find their own players? Does any other premier team consist of as many ex premier players?

Edited to add that Man Utd Mexican too

I read something not long ago that basically said that West Ham does not actually have an active scouting system. They rely on a network of two or three agents to sign players. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davieG said:

He's on 80k apparently lol

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:47, Nickfosse said:

Earning ridiculous amounts of money and putting in halfhearted performances for the football club who transfers said money into your account because you don’t like the manager, and those ridiculous goal celebrations with pathetic posturing. I don’t hate him and I said he was a decent footballer. His behaviour however in recent times is entirely twatish in my opinion. 

You are definitely an old head. Most of that crap is on Mourinho who is a dinosaur. 

Also if you are getting all caught up on goal celebrations you obviously should worry about worse because when he scores against Leicester you will have to deal with seeing it again. 

And he is not a twat, you just don't understand him. A lot of people don't. 

Edited by TheHitman™

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Spread of games over next 3 days is bizarre, why not just put them all today or tomorrow? 3 today, 6 tomorrow and 1 Thursday. 

Because they had so many games on Sunday and clubs need three days to recover (although we weren't given that luxury in the past two years). One game at 3pm on a public holiday, three in total, is appalling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Congrats on the win today. Awful touch from Keane, excellent finish from Vardy. 

Everton seem to be going downhill with the odd good performance thrown in randomly. Can't see them finishing anywhere near 7th.

They'll have Allardyce back in by the end of February

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

They'll have Allardyce back in by the end of February

They certainly aren't any better !

Infact worse in defence I'd say and tbh it looked pretty comfortable for you guys .

We had this sort of run last season which led to Silva's sacking .

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Because they had so many games on Sunday and clubs need three days to recover (although we weren't given that luxury in the past two years). One game at 3pm on a public holiday, three in total, is appalling.

Agree, bloody ridiculous the scheduling. 

Watch people complain when prem teams play reserve teams at the weekend, but the prem cram as many games as possible 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Agree, bloody ridiculous the scheduling. 

Watch people complain when prem teams play reserve teams at the weekend, but the prem cram as many games as possible 

This is when TV plays a big part. With four games in 10 days (if the fixtures were all played at the original time), recovery is key. Then you've got to factor travelling into it. Everton were poor today but they've had a long trip to Brighton and are playing 68 hours later, it is asking a lot.

We've had it in the past two years- we had four in eight days last year and a trip to Middlesbrough 45 hours after a Saturday match two years ago. The likes of Chelsea have had home games spaced out and London derbies and Watford away.

More thought needs to go into the schedule at this time of year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Congrats on the win today. Awful touch from Keane, excellent finish from Vardy. 

Everton seem to be going downhill with the odd good performance thrown in randomly. Can't see them finishing anywhere near 7th.

History repeating itself with Silva.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

This is when TV plays a big part. With four games in 10 days (if the fixtures were all played at the original time), recovery is key. Then you've got to factor travelling into it. Everton were poor today but they've had a long trip to Brighton and are playing 68 hours later, it is asking a lot.

We've had it in the past two years- we had four in eight days last year and a trip to Middlesbrough 45 hours after a Saturday match two years ago. The likes of Chelsea have had home games spaced out and London derbies and Watford away.

More thought needs to go into the schedule at this time of year.

Brilliantly put there. TV takes too much priority, and not enough consideration is given to fans and players.

12:30 kick off on NYD, fans getting up there means leaving early to get up there. 

They're accommodating armchair supporters and the neutrals, not those who travel 

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brilliantly put there. TV takes too much priority, and not enough consideration is given to fans and players.

12:30 kick off on NYD, fans getting up there means leaving early to get up there. 

They're accommodating armchair supporters and the neutrals, not those who travel 

Sky make feck all from attending fans so they don't care. 

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Fulham getting a pasting today. 

Claudio with a lot of work to do. Started underwhelming a la Pearson at leuven. 

They leak way too many goals and are reliant on Mitrovic for goals. Sessegnon hasn't adapted or been as big a player as expected and Claudio hadn't started with Cairney much.