Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I think this is just showing what a disappointing shit fvck of a result at home to Cardiff it was 

Great loss...great Puel planning...you really don't get it..!!!

.Lose a Christmas skirmish win the festive battle....:trumpet:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Cardiff faced something like 50 shots in their last two games and somehow got 4 points... they are useless just very fortunate to have had things really go in their favour. 

That doesn't really surprise me. I think they're currently in a false position. They've had some good results lately, but I think it's only a matter of time before their luck runs out.

4 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Nothing wrong with beating poor teams... we should try it

Ha! Exactly. To be honest that's the difference between us and the teams above us. They generally mop the floor with teams in the bottom half whereas even if we win, we make hard work of it. But we all know this, our style isn't yet able to cut through teams.

I think that even in an optimistic world, it's going to take another two seasons to fully transition to that kind of style, requiring more technical players to come through the academy and / or purchased when we can't develop them. But I do think it's worth persevering with because though Spurs bottled the league and might possibly have done the same again this season, they've stayed up the business end of the table whereas we've fallen off. And it's because teams can deal with our counter attacking style, but teams find it much harder to deal with technical football that is fast and passes between the lines. If we could do both, we could well be up in the top 4 slots ourselves... we've beaten two of the better teams and played very well against 2 others (Liverpool and Man United).

34 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Pulisic joining Chelsea for £64 million in the summer. 

The Dortmund statement is an odd one. The guys contracted till June 2020, so another year and a half left, but they've accepted a "low bid" due to that. 

Reading between the lines, think Pulisic pushed for this one.

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Pulisic joining Chelsea for £64 million in the summer. 

:nigel:

That is a LOT of money even by Chelsea's standards for a player that is currently behind 18 year old Jadon Sancho in the pecking order at Dortmund. This was their last starting 11...

Dortmund.PNG.355c25b93aed1a21864b9ee37ee89cd9.PNG

Edited by StriderHiryu

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is a LOT of money even by Chelsea's standards for a player that is currently behind 18 year old Jadon Sancho in the pecking order at Dortmund. This was their last starting 11...

They spent £70m on Morata, a man who had only scored more than 8 league goals in a season once in his career. They like weird transfers.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For one moment I thought Troy Deeney was starting in midfield for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chelsea prepping up for the scenario of Hazard leaving?

He's off, he'd have signed by now if he wasn't surely. Sad for the prem as the number of genuinely very good players continues to decrease.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They spent £70m on Morata, a man who had only scored more than 8 league goals in a season once in his career. They like weird transfers.

Wanted to upload my BVB.......I blew it!!!   

Edited by fuchsntf

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's off, he'd have signed by now if he wasn't surely. Sad for the prem as the number of genuinely very good players continues to decrease.

Will be a big miss....but I am an eternal optimist, one goes another comes...ala  Gullit,Zola,Ardilles.....etc.

All of them had their moments...but now many including Hazzard  gave...5/5. run of games....Chelsea aren't running away with the league....

Man.city star players,also not!!! ...

For me,without being bias...Vardy just as that something special,others don't have like Hazzard,Suarez...

Just saying it takes,all types to create and leave behind fond memories... by n by..Weller remains my no1,he was English!!

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was going to post something similar re:him losing his place which is why I find this transfer so strange.

Not sure what Chelsea are thinking, perhaps there is a commercial element of exploiting the US market?

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Was going to post something similar re:him losing his place which is why I find this transfer so strange.

Not sure what Chelsea are thinking, perhaps there is a commercial element of exploiting the US market?

Or perhaps Dortmund stopped playing him as the deals been agreed some time. £64m agreed and he breaks his leg lol lol then worth nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Given how high profile the player is over there and how Chelsea go on US tours very often, from a commerical opportunity it could be huge.

The player is very highly rated, but not 58m rated. If he is worth that much, then how much is Sancho worth!?

Anyway Chelsea are famous for big money transfers that don't play. Doubt he will be another Drinkwater but there is no guarantee he'll be great. Could be another Moratta for sure. That said with Pedro and Willian getting on a bit, I can see why they were in for this type of player.

Cardiff are investigating Craig Bellamy for bullying and racist allegations, it is said that during his time as development coach there he made anti english comments to English based players, pressed players to change there international status from English to Welsh, muted the English national anthem during the world cup. https://www.90min.com/posts/6261199-cardiff-coach-craig-bellamy-accused-of-bullying-intimidating-english-youngster-over-nationality

Can't say it surprises come across as nasty piece of work, be interesting to see if he keeps his job on Sky. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

One eye on the american market, he's very marketable in US, and he's a very good young player.

No shame in being picked behind Sancho, he has been excellent for Dortmund. 

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One eye on the american market, he's very marketable in US, and he's a very good young player.

No shame in being picked behind Sancho, he has been excellent for Dortmund. 

Yeah, people are acting like Pulisic is some pedestrian player because he's 2nd choice behind Sancho. Sancho has been incredible this season for BVB. 

From a selfish standpoint, i wish Pulisic signed with Liverpool instead. I think he would fit better tactically, into their system. He already has familiarity with Klopp, and I think he could develop better without the supporters' expectations as being Hazard's "replacement." As if anyone Chelsea is going to bring into the club will be as good as Hazard.

Having watched Pulisic quite a lot, I think he is very good, but he is by no means a finished product. He tends to frustrate, like Mahrez, in that he likes to dribble a bit too much when you'd rather he just pass/shoot. Sarri will probably break him of that. If Chelsea are patient enough with him, I can see him developing into one of the better wingers in the premier league. But knowing Chelsea, they'll consider him a failure after three matches and ship him away. 

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Pulisic has been dealing with injuries this year. 

And you can also believe that Chelsea and Nike will go all-in promoting this deal in the States. 

55 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Yeah, people are acting like Pulisic is some pedestrian player because he's 2nd choice behind Sancho. Sancho has been incredible this season for BVB. 

From a selfish standpoint, i wish Pulisic signed with Liverpool instead. I think he would fit better tactically, into their system. He already has familiarity with Klopp, and I think he could develop better without the supporters' expectations as being Hazard's "replacement." As if anyone Chelsea is going to bring into the club will be as good as Hazard.

Having watched Pulisic quite a lot, I think he is very good, but he is by no means a finished product. He tends to frustrate, like Mahrez, in that he likes to dribble a bit too much when you'd rather he just pass/shoot. Sarri will probably break him of that. If Chelsea are patient enough with him, I can see him developing into one of the better wingers in the premier league. But knowing Chelsea, they'll consider him a failure after three matches and ship him away. 

Similar to Harry Kane then? 

He dribbles a bit too much.