Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cardiff are investigating Craig Bellamy for bullying and racist allegations, it is said that during his time as development coach there he made anti english comments to English based players, pressed players to change there international status from English to Welsh, muted the English national anthem during the world cup. https://www.90min.com/posts/6261199-cardiff-coach-craig-bellamy-accused-of-bullying-intimidating-english-youngster-over-nationality

Can't say it surprises come across as nasty piece of work, be interesting to see if he keeps his job on Sky. 

Not surprised. He’s always struck me as a verminous bloke. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cardiff are investigating Craig Bellamy for bullying and racist allegations, it is said that during his time as development coach there he made anti english comments to English based players, pressed players to change there international status from English to Welsh, muted the English national anthem during the world cup. https://www.90min.com/posts/6261199-cardiff-coach-craig-bellamy-accused-of-bullying-intimidating-english-youngster-over-nationality

Can't say it surprises come across as nasty piece of work, be interesting to see if he keeps his job on Sky. 

35 minutes ago, Manini said:

Not surprised. He’s always struck me as a verminous bloke. 

What a legend lol

Bellers is class, works hard, does quite a bit for charity without shouting it from the roof tops, is honest to a fault, speaks his mind.

I think putting him in charge of post-millennial teenage footballers was probably always a recipe for disaster, mind, he was always inevitably going to end up upsetting some delicate little flower or their mam.

When I saw the headline break I assumed it was going to be he'd gone over board being ludicrously harsh with some kid and figured it wasn't surprising. Now I've seen Welsh / English rivalry described as "racism" though I'm just rolling my eyes. 

**** sakes. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

What a legend lol

Bellers is class, works hard, does quite a bit for charity without shouting it from the roof tops, is honest to a fault, speaks his mind.

I think putting him in charge of post-millennial teenage footballers was probably always a recipe for disaster, mind, he was always inevitably going to end up upsetting some delicate little flower or their mam.

When I saw the headline break I assumed it was going to be he'd gone over board being ludicrously harsh with some kid and figured it wasn't surprising. Now I've seen Welsh / English rivalry described as "racism" though I'm just rolling my eyes. 

**** sakes. 

One of them blokes isn’t he, provokes reactions. 

Chelsea may have overpaid for the footballer Pulisic is today.  But he is still developing.  And for a club with their resources, add in the exposure and fan base expansion they'll get in the US, they may have got a bargain.  I can't wait to see how he does in this league, once healthy.

Perhaps Abramovich has a deal in the making with a US buyer?  If so, hopefully a Glazer type with a fistful of borrowed money and poor football sense.

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

One of them blokes isn’t he, provokes reactions. 

I honestly think a lot of it with Bellers is he just can't really escape his reputation. When you take a golf club to a team mate you're going to find that hard to live down. He's also had alleged incidents in Cardiff as a young pro when he was mouthing off at people, threatening them with his "mate" Calzaghe. 

There's no doubting he used to have some serious emotional control issues as a younger guy. 

But he's big enough to admit that and work on it.

You listen to him talk about football, there aren't many more passionate or insightful pundits of his generation coming through, I think he's class, personally, he's a lot brighter than your Owens or Maccas. 

Bit like Rio really, had this reputation as a joker and a clown, took a while to settle in to punditry and be taken seriously but I actually really like him now. Really smart analysis. 

As for the xenophobic / racist stuff with Bellers, **** that. I'm sorry, Wales / England football rivalry is not and never will be racism. 

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Am I the only one settling down with a nice glass of wine to watch an evening of footy in a relaxed mood?

It's been a looooong time

Hungover from lunch and faceplanted my curry so yur on yur own

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

Absolutely desperate for Newcastle to get relegated. Want to vomit every time I check their lineups. Boring as **** football and nothing but dogshit players. Just boring as ****. Please go down 

lol Benitez is a genius though, they’ll stay up comfortably....

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I honestly think a lot of it with Bellers is he just can't really escape his reputation. When you take a golf club to a team mate you're going to find that hard to live down. He's also had alleged incidents in Cardiff as a young pro when he was mouthing off at people, threatening them with his "mate" Calzaghe. 

There's no doubting he used to have some serious emotional control issues as a younger guy. 

But he's big enough to admit that and work on it.

You listen to him talk about football, there aren't many more passionate or insightful pundits of his generation coming through, I think he's class, personally, he's a lot brighter than your Owens or Maccas. 

Bit like Rio really, had this reputation as a joker and a clown, took a while to settle in to punditry and be taken seriously but I actually really like him now. Really smart analysis. 

As for the xenophobic / racist stuff with Bellers, **** that. I'm sorry, Wales / England football rivalry is not and never will be racism. 

He's one of the better pundits, he calls out others on wrong or badly informed opinions which needs to happen more often.

• Like 1