Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Huddersfield have only themselves to blame, they couldn't score goals last season then bought no strikers in the summer. They are exactly where they should be and are going down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Updated form table... Watford, Everton and Bournemouth. Euuugh.

Wasn't there a post three weeks ago bumming the progress they've made and the lack of progress we've made. 

Only Liverpool conceded less, Bournemouth conceded 18 more ha ha. If we can get some attacking talent in to contribute going forward we are onto a winner!

IMG_5258.PNG

This table explains perfectly why, on the one hand we’re doing well in the table (see goals against, 7), and on the other hand the football seems so boring most of the time, and lacks excitement (see goals for, 8).

Hopefully Puel can address the relative drought of goals whilst still keeping a tight defence. 

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I am really surprised at Bournemouth, of all the teams we've played this season I'd argue they were one of the best! Whilst we were dire that day, they gave us a right tonking, with both of their forwards causing chaos and Francis looking terrific. I must confess I haven't seen them play much other than that game, but they always seemed like a solid and entertaining team. What's going wrong for them?

Bournemouth are a streaky team. They go on good and bad runs, we unfortunate got them on one of their good days.. In the end they finish about 11th.

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

As an "outsider", what do you make of the way Puel is discussed on these pages?  X

You do seem very inconsistent like us all and the recent results maybe suggest he can get your team more motivated for games against the top teams or maybe just tactically gets it right whereas in games you might expect to win he falls short (not against us I add!)

Seems he likes to chop and change a bit - presume Vardy has been injured as certainly you look better with him in the team?

I guess from a fans communication point of view he is a dull but not everyone can be Klopp like!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

You do seem very inconsistent like us all and the recent results maybe suggest he can get your team more motivated for games against the top teams or maybe just tactically gets it right whereas in games you might expect to win he falls short (not against us I add!)

Seems he likes to chop and change a bit - presume Vardy has been injured as certainly you look better with him in the team?

I guess from a fans communication point of view he is a dull but not everyone can be Klopp like!

Funny that people go on about Klopp in interviews. He comes across as very personable, but whenever I see him he seems to talk a load of old bollocks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

As a football fan really looking forward to the Man City Liverpool match tonight. Not sure who will win but hopefully it will be a cracker.

Oh, Are they playing a match? You'd never have known it from watching sport on TV or reading any national/sport website.

2 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

As a football fan really looking forward to the Man City Liverpool match tonight. Not sure who will win but hopefully it will be a cracker.

I think everyone wants Liverpool to win so they can see how they and Spurs can contrive to still lose out to Man City.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Part of me really wishes we'd have signed Deeney when we were heavily interested after winning the title. I think he'd have been a real quality alternative to Vardy and could've even worked well with him too.

Watching the way Deeney played last night I had exactly the same thought. It might have needed some work to get them to gel together but i could see ways in which they could have complemented each other to devastating effect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Not sure how Levy keeps man like Eriksen on £70k a week. There are players at Palace who earn more.

lol lol and the star are saying Poch has told Ed Woodward he wants Maddison at OT. 

But I can't get the link. 

That’s what is going to be spurs problem if they fanny around with wages when the teams like Madrid or Barca will come in and offer them singing ridiculous that spurs won’t get anywhere near. Can’t see them paying people to much more with the stadium etc.

6 minutes ago, Md9 said:

That’s what is going to be spurs problem if they fanny around with wages when the teams like Madrid or Barca will come in and offer them singing ridiculous that spurs won’t get anywhere near. Can’t see them paying people to much more with the stadium etc.

You do realise the bonus system they operate is a huge pay out for wins. 

Much as I hate the cvnts more clubs should use this model. 

26 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But it all comes to them winning and doing well, and it suits their starting players and those who come on. Think it's a huge reason they can't sign big players for their bench. 

And then it's not hard for a big team to offer more money etc and  a lot of players will move. 

41 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Something I wasn't  aware of till a mate explained this to me, seems a great idea,  what an incentive to achieve 

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But it all comes to them winning and doing well, and it suits their starting players and those who come on. Think it's a huge reason they can't sign big players for their bench. 

And then it's not hard for a big team to offer more money etc and  a lot of players will move. 

They've hardly been stripped of top players. 

But even none playing players still get a bonus percentage. 

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Something I wasn't  aware of till a mate explained this to me, seems a great idea,  what an incentive to achieve 

Can't pay much for trophies! I wonder if there are finger tickling, silly dance incentives. 

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/soccer-files-fosun/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Very interesting piece on Wolves and their "relationship" with Jorge Mendes, essentially confirming that Wolves were brought so they could facillitate Mendes' ability to make money through transfers.

Fosun toyed with buying another Portuguese club and an English club, emails show. Again, no deals materialized. Then in May 2016, Correia emailed Shi to inform him about an English club called Wolverhampton Wanderers, which was on the market for about 40 million pounds. “Wolves,” as the club is popularly known, was struggling financially and on the soccer field. “It’s worth taking a look at,” Correia said, attaching some details about the club, which is based in the Midlands city of Wolverhampton.

Within a month, Fosun had decided to buy Wolves, emails show, and Mendes remained important to its plans.

Ahead of a meeting between Mendes and Fosun co-founder and President Wang Qunbin, Shi wrote to Correia: “Mr. Wang will be very keen to learn from Jorge about how to run a club very well and promote it to Premier League. And you always know the reason for the investment of Wolves is mainly because of our bet and trust on Jorge.”

In return for his guidance, Fosun promised Mendes significant reward. “Jorge can take Wolves as the most reliable partner and agency revenue source for long long time,” Shi wrote.

Wolves have done brilliantly in the last two years and players like Neves and Moutinho are very talented and exciting to watch. They may well finish above us this season. But I am glad that we don't have such a dodgy arrangement currently going on at our club. We definitely bent the rules when in the Championship (we spent more on transfers than was allowed), but that matter has since been resolved and the irony being that almost all of those expensive signings were not the reason we got promoted.

Edited by StriderHiryu