Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Oh, Are they playing a match? You'd never have known it from watching sport on TV or reading any national/sport website.

And here I am, believing this hype was a market for  northern carpet New-year sales!!:rolleyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/soccer-files-fosun/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Very interesting piece on Wolves and their "relationship" with Jorge Mendes, essentially confirming that Wolves were brought so they could facillitate Mendes' ability to make money through transfers.

Fosun toyed with buying another Portuguese club and an English club, emails show. Again, no deals materialized. Then in May 2016, Correia emailed Shi to inform him about an English club called Wolverhampton Wanderers, which was on the market for about 40 million pounds. “Wolves,” as the club is popularly known, was struggling financially and on the soccer field. “It’s worth taking a look at,” Correia said, attaching some details about the club, which is based in the Midlands city of Wolverhampton.

Within a month, Fosun had decided to buy Wolves, emails show, and Mendes remained important to its plans.

Ahead of a meeting between Mendes and Fosun co-founder and President Wang Qunbin, Shi wrote to Correia: “Mr. Wang will be very keen to learn from Jorge about how to run a club very well and promote it to Premier League. And you always know the reason for the investment of Wolves is mainly because of our bet and trust on Jorge.”

In return for his guidance, Fosun promised Mendes significant reward. “Jorge can take Wolves as the most reliable partner and agency revenue source for long long time,” Shi wrote.

Wolves have done brilliantly in the last two years and players like Neves and Moutinho are very talented and exciting to watch. They may well finish above us this season. But I am glad that we don't have such a dodgy arrangement currently going on at our club. We definitely bent the rules when in the Championship (we spent more on transfers than was allowed), but that matter has since been resolved and the irony being that almost all of those expensive signings were not the reason we got promoted.

Good report...nice find!!

but actually,I reckon Alls fair in love n war.....I like the German model..more straight-up control...

but in England we have so many blind-eye hypocrisy and control......I  just don't care any longer!!!  If the media come across something and chase it ,brilliant!!!

But in rules of FIFA/EUEFA Fair-play,there has to be fair-play through the whole system......

perhaps I am too cyncical.....money-football-politics-power.......:dunno:

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Bournemouth are a streaky team. They go on good and bad runs, we unfortunate got them on one of their good days.. In the end they finish about 11th.

It's seems,even with a good 12-14 players...They don't take injuries well,which might be an indecation,that we have stronger depth,over long game periods..???

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

In return for his guidance, Fosun promised Mendes significant reward. “Jorge can take Wolves as the most reliable partner and agency revenue source for long long time,” Shi wrote.

IMG_5499.PNG.9a2202f67e0fe228ef00eb6311cb1662.PNG

19 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Troy Deeney charged for comments made to the ref after the game last night .

Fair enough but Charlie Austin got away with his rant when we played Southampton..

Premier League again, protecting their god awful officials. 

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Where are we going to find..good honest,unbias,excellent officials.....Surely not among football-forums...:crylaugh:

32 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Troy Deeney charged for comments made to the ref after the game last night .

Fair enough but Charlie Austin got away with his rant when we played Southampton..

That's because Charlie Austin had a clear right for his outburst and good on him as shown in video evidence he wasn't wrong.

Everything boggle eye deeney said was rubbish and basicly said cleverly challenge should of been a red and the foul on that tiny kid from Bournemouth wasn't.

The guys a idiot 

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Hope Manchester City win tonight or the premier league and the entire world cannot cope with Liverpool and their c unty fans being the most smug, insufferable arseholes in the history of the universe 

This imo

• Like 2

Chelski of the North v A club I loathe, not so much the fact that they were cleaning up during my formative years but more the army of Leicester based armchair plastics that jumped aboard and have continued to ever since. 

Got to be Liverpool for me, in spite of the glory chasers, all the big clubs have them but they've always been a 'proper' club right from where Shankley got them up from the old League 2, plus my 11 year old grandson is a big Liverpool fan via his Scouser Dad and I wouldn't want him to wait as long as I did for some success.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Man City please win. Scousers will be unbearable if they do it. 

The only crumb of comfort of them winning it will be the Man U fans crying.

Liverpool for me.

Can’t stand Man City and their **** fans that stand next to the away end giving it the big one. 

Got nothing against Liverpool. Both them and Man Utd are the only fans I’ve seen clap our team off at their grounds.

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1