Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I think the same. But with Pelligrini? I always thought he was a good appointment for them.

36 minutes ago, The Bear said:

As someone already pointed out, they signed plenty of names last summer too.

It can't be stated enough that it all depends on the manager. Wolves signed 12 players last summer but it was the manager who instilled the formation, organisation and style of play. Everything comes from him. Plenty of teams with top players underachieve when the manager isn't right (Moyes at Man Utd , Liverpool under Hodgson, etc).

Pellegrini might just be the man to get it right, I like him as a manager.

I think the battle in the top 10 is going to be good this year. Leicester, Wolves, Everton, WHU all wanting to push for Europe. Not meaning to sound disrespectful, I just can't see Burnley up there again.

34 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Ive prob missed it, but just read that Gradel has gone to Toulouse. I liked Max :)

He turned out to be a pretty disastrous signing for Bournemouth tbf.

6 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I think the battle in the top 10 is going to be good this year. Leicester, Wolves, Everton, WHU all wanting to push for Europe. Not meaning to sound disrespectful, I just can't see Burnley up there again.

See that they've been active in the transfer market again, not! Probably too many pound notes.

Europa League football and a threadbare squad will make it very difficult for them.

• Like 1

West Ham's business looks pretty good to me. Think Anderson may turn out to be slightly disappointing for the money but I rate pretty much all of their other deals.

Wonder if they'll go all out for a striker.

They've also got a more than competent manager there who will likely get them meshed together quicker than most.

51 minutes ago, martyn said:

West Ham's business looks pretty good to me. Think Anderson may turn out to be slightly disappointing for the money but I rate pretty much all of their other deals.

Wonder if they'll go all out for a striker.

They've also got a more than competent manager there who will likely get them meshed together quicker than most.

A comment on the BBC on the Anderson deal: 

'£2m rent a year.
Tax payers fund the policing and everything else.
Club spends millions on players.
What a complete and utter disgrace.'

They may seem a big club, honest club on the outside - but sure they have critics from general football fans, who are right, who know they operate controversially and am surprised that they haven't been investigated in way by the FA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

A comment on the BBC on the Anderson deal: 

'£2m rent a year.
Tax payers fund the policing and everything else.
Club spends millions on players.
What a complete and utter disgrace.'

They may seem a big club, honest club on the outside - but sure they have critics from general football fans, who are right, who know they operate controversially and am surprised that they haven't been investigated in way by the FA.

Surely this situation gives them an unfair advantage regarding FFP. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Surely this situation gives them an unfair advantage regarding FFP. 

nothing fair about ffp. It allows the elite to stay elite. And no one can challenge them. But yeah its supposed to be fair.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

An all dryer in Nottingham and a few days in Lille to tide me over in the meantime. 

What, your going to the Laundrette?

I went to the Post Office yesterday and you don't see me boasting about it.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

What, your going to the Laundrette?

I went to the Post Office yesterday and you don't see me boasting about it.

Applying for your blue passport, Murph? :englandsmile4wf:

• Like 1

I think Fulham and Wolves will do well this season, both doing very well in the transfer market and already had players whom I think can cut it at this level. Feel slightly nervous when promoted teams come up and look strong when there's such a small gap from top 10 down to relegation, we've lost our best player as well. Just hope we don't get caught up in all the dross.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Fulham and Wolves will do well this season, both doing very well in the transfer market and already had players whom I think can cut it at this level. Feel slightly nervous when promoted teams come up and look strong when there's such a small gap from top 10 down to relegation, we've lost our best player as well. Just hope we don't get caught up in all the dross.

Am sure Gray will step-up more consistently now and fill in Mahrez's boots and be a force to be reckoned with. Have a strong feeling he'll surprise a few imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

22 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

To be honest we did better than wolves in the championship when we got promoted so to want European football when you first get promoted is pure arrogance, they should just be trying to stay up regardless of who they sign.

Then if they stay up the first season.. then the next season they can try win the league ;)

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Am sure Gray will step-up more consistently now and fill on Mahrez's boots and be a force to be reckoned with. Have a strong feeling he'll surprise a few imo.

I hope so, but last season he had ample opportunity to make an impact and after a promising start under Puel he reverted to being horribly ineffective. To go from that to the level Mahrez was is massive and cannot be underestimated. The chances are that won't happen which means we need to plug the gap in what Mahrez gave us in creativity. That's why I'm being harsh on Albrighton, if he's on one side and Gray on the other it'll be horrifying. One of them can probably start for us but we must have someone much much better.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope so, but last season he had ample opportunity to make an impact and after a promising start under Puel he reverted to being horribly ineffective. To go from that to the level Mahrez was is massive and cannot be underestimated. The chances are that won't happen which means we need to plug the gap in what Mahrez gave us in creativity. That's why I'm being harsh on Albrighton, if he's on one side and Gray on the other it'll be horrifying. One of them can probably start for us but we must have someone much much better.

I'm hoping Gray will be more effective if played on the right- he just doesn't seem to 'get' playing on the left at all. He's always making the wrong runs and his positioning is all over the place. Hopefully if you stick him on the right, he will drift wide rather than infield and into crowds of players.

He's got pace and plenty of talent, but if there's no footballing intelligence there he will struggle.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 13:10, Blue Fox 72 said:

See that they've been active in the transfer market again, not! Probably too many pound notes.

Europa League football and a threadbare squad will make it very difficult for them.

Burnley's new training complex incorporates a number of vaults to store the increasing amount of "pound notes".

Only the chairman can gain access and he is a notorious "tight-ar*e" who has an aversion to spending money which can be saved for a rainy day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Burnley's new training complex incorporates a number of vaults to store the increasing amount of "pound notes".

Only the chairman can gain access and he is a notorious "tight-ar*e" who has an aversion to spending money which can be saved for a rainy day.

971926_490556957694656_783472398_n.jpg.9802108beff83dd3634314226058dba2.jpg