Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Richarlison has no goals since November and no assists since December. For a winger that is quite frankly shocking. For Watford to command (and get?!) £50m for him is ludicrous. 

We hadn't seen the better part of Mahrez for about a dozen or matches last season, as well. Must have knocked down his asking price, too.

Not to mention his numbers the season before.

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

May I remind everyone that Richarlison still has four more years on his contract and that Mahrez left us with two more years on his.

You buy players out of their existing contracts earlier, you pay more.

Four years or not, doesn't change the fact he's been atrocious since the Coke advert came on telly and that the price is obscene.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

May I remind everyone that Richarlison still has four more years on his contract and that Mahrez left us with two more years on his.

You buy players out of their existing contracts earlier, you pay more.

may i remind you that riyad has been one of the best players in the world for 3 years and richarlison has barely made a successful pass in his last 30 games. 

if you buy world class players you should pay considerably more than pretty rubbish ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

£50 mil for 5 goals and 4 assist. Okazaki got 6 goals and 2 assist in 10 less games ????

Okazaki is 32, Richarlison 21. One of many factors among others decisive for setting the price tag.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

may i remind you that riyad has been one of the best players in the world for 3 years and richarlison has barely made a successful pass in his last 30 games. 

if you buy world class players you should pay considerably more than pretty rubbish ones. 

Mahrez one of the best players in the world for the last 3yrs.

We'll that explains it all the. No wonder Roma offered £32m and Man c got him for £60m. Perhaps we should have told Barca and Real we where selling him. Or maybe we did and they thought he was to good for them.

18 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

:appl::fishing:

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Four years or not, doesn't change the fact he's been atrocious since the Coke advert came on telly and that the price is obscene.

Hmmm... Wonder what Chelsea fans were saying when they dished out £35m for Danny Drinkwater last summer...

(Was in his second of a new five-year contract with us, btw)

Edited by MC Prussian

23 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Amazing that he is quoted as saying we are to blame for inflated prices due to Maddison deal yet Everton are offering £50m for richarlison. He’s obsessed with us

He actually said that?

if everton sell lookman and buy richarlison and end up roughly 35 million pounds down, that must rank as the single worst pair of transfers of all time, surely? 

that makes our summer 2016 look decent 

• Like 3

Guest seanfox778
On 21/07/2018 at 17:32, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Yeah interviewed after Burnley’s friendly yesterday. Was on SSN.

I wish an interviewer would say back “oh, so do Burnley not receive any money for participating in the Premier League? Or any of the TV money?” Their expenditures can’t be that high, where is all their money going?

We clearly didn't get as much as we should've for Riyad but £50 mil for Richarlison says more about Everton than it does about us. 

We were in a shit situation thanks to Riyad's antics and Everton have clearly lost the fvcking plot.

• Like 2