Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

The lad who is Patricio's mate on Twitter who told us about him signing has spoken to him again, and said we are getting someone tomorrow who's one of his best mates and a fellow Portugese International. 

Everyone seems to think it's Joao Moutinho from Monaco. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The lad who is Patricio's mate on Twitter who told us about him signing has spoken to him again, and said we are getting someone tomorrow who's one of his best mates and a fellow Portugese International. 

Moutinho has been on holiday with Silva for the past couple of weeks lol surely wolves won't have completed the deal that quickly. 

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Man C have taken a loan out with Barclays using this seasons TV money as collateral. Wonder if lack of cash was the reason for the Mahrez deal taking so long.

I’ve no idea if that’s a joke or not lol

All I know is, it sounds absolutely ridiculous! 

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’ve no idea if that’s a joke or not lol

All I know is, it sounds absolutely ridiculous! 

20 plus pages about it on blue moon. Why would Man c fans have spent two days talking about it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

20 plus pages about it on blue moon. Why would Man c fans have spent two days talking about it.

Well I’m not familiar with blue moon. If it’s on there I suppose it could have substance but you posted without explaining that. 

It’d be interesting to know what’s going on there. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well I’m not familiar with blue moon. If it’s on there I suppose it could have substance but you posted without explaining that. 

I suppose i should have said. I tried to copy the link but could not do it on my phone.

21 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

put the link up now

• Thanks 1

The Man City stuff to me sounds like a way of freeing up the TV cash instantly without the owner injecting it himself, as that doesn't count towards any FFP revenue. It would likely strengthen their hand in transfer negotiations having cash available to pay clubs up front. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hilarious by Everton. Any club with a decent scouting system finds a player of his level for ten million on the continent. Classic Premier League complacency.

Going to be quite controversial and say that Everton aren't a big a club as many over there/the press suggest.

They seem like a club with potential to go further but often shoot themselves in the foot etc.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The Man City stuff to me sounds like a way of freeing up the TV cash instantly without the owner injecting it himself, as that doesn't count towards any FFP revenue. It would likely strengthen their hand in transfer negotiations having cash available to pay clubs up front. 

Oh I don't for one minute think they are in a villa mess. But with prem money and CL money they should have enough. Where does it end if they don't have such a good season and don't bring as much in they will need more next season.

It's purely a way of getting the TV money up front immediately. And since they now have a partnership with Barclays they're taking advantage of that. Fair play to them I say. The more cashflow the have available during the transfer window directly from their revenue streams, the better they can negotiate with other clubs. 

Edited by The Bear

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Our local journos running with this now after Patricio's mate has basically confirmed it on Twitter. £5m on a 2 year deal which is cheaper than I was expecting. 

We're also trying to tie up deals for Adama Traore and Andre Silva, and a loan for Jonny from Atletico Madrid (wing-back). Gonna be a busy week according to ITK sources!

Neves and Moutinho in central midfield for a newly promoted club. Scenes :P

Edited by The Bear

Wolves are basically the Portuguese national team at this point. Their setup is so fishy, but I'll say one thing - it's got to be one of the best teams put together by a promoted team in years.

We have them at home for our second game and it should be a good game.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:
  1. Going to be quite controversial and say that Everton aren't a big a club as many over there/the press suggest.

They seem like a club with potential to go further but often shoot themselves in the foot etc.

18 major trophies ( including 9 league titles and 5 FA cups ).

Won more than Spurs and Manchester City …. I'd say they are a pretty big club. 

Guest ttfn
6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Our local journos running with this now after Patricio's mate has basically confirmed it on Twitter. £5m on a 2 year deal which is cheaper than I was expecting. 

We're also trying to tie up deals for Adama Traore and Andre Silva, and a loan for Jonny from Atletico Madrid (wing-back). Gonna be a busy week according to ITK sources!

Not a patch on Dean Hammond and Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Lot of signings being made. I can understand your excitement.

These seem to all be reasonably sensible signings too rather than the scattergun approach other big spenders like West Ham and Everton have taken.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Jonny is an interesting one! Brilliant player, not kicked a ball for Atletico though, he's just joining you on loan straight away after they sign him from Vigo.... odd. 

I guess you had the favour from them before in the shape of Diego Jota though!

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Going to be quite controversial and say that Everton aren't a big a club as many over there/the press suggest.

That is controversial. They do keep shooting themselves in the foot but there's no doubt they're a big club.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wolves are basically the Portuguese national team at this point. Their setup is so fishy, but I'll say one thing - it's got to be one of the best teams put together by a promoted team in years.

We have them at home for our second game and it should be a good game.

Let's hope they're as blunt as the Portuguese national team without Ronaldo.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

So if we sign Mourinho, then we get to keep Maguire?

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They were by far the biggest team in Liverpool before Shankly turned up been mostly overshadowed by them and subsequently both by Man Utd.

The longer they go without winning something (League 86/87 - FA Cup 94/95) the more they turn into one of the other winners in history like Newcastle

• Like 2