Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Surely similarities can be drawn to the Rose challenge on Leno? Could lead to broken ribs, yet Rose was only a yellow, potentially more for consistent fouling than anything else?

Of course, I don't deny the ref's inconsistency. Torreira's tackle looked nastier though, add to that a blank heated end game and you can see how it influenced the ref's mind.

• Like 1

Just now, That_Dude said:

Of course, I don't deny the ref's inconsistency. Torreira's tackle looked nastier though, add to that a blank heated end game and you can see how it influenced the ref's mind.

Feel VAR will really reduce the level of inconsistency and influence of the crowd on the Ref in the future

• Like 1

The difference between the Rose and Torreira challenges is the excessive force in the latter. 

Rose catches Leno in the chest which might be deemed a bit reckless, but he was entitled to go for it and didn't go in hard. Whereas Torreira went in too hard and was high as well which is classed as reckless and excessive force. Red card every time nowadays. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Cracking goal from Sourhampon to Go 1-0 up at Old Trafford. 

Should be 0-2.  Stonewall penalty on Smalling was ignored earlier.  Wherefore art thou VAR?

Looks more and more likely the current bottom three are going down.  Only a slight chance Cardiff could catch Brighton IMO.

3 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I do genuinely believe we could get a result at home to both Chelsea and Arsenal though. Depends how the top 6 plays out over the next few games.

Funnily enough, I would have been more confident of that happening with Puel here. We'll have to see how Rodgers pans out over the next few games, but apparently he is tactically stubborn which is what caused him trouble in Europe with Celtic against teams of a similar stature. I have a hunch that he might not be a great performer against the Top 6. Hope I am proven wrong though!