Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not to mention he's been crap for a couple of seasons and looks about a quarter of the player he was. 

That's being generous.

Even in his last year at Chelsea he was properly crap.

19 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I like that other fans feel welcome to use this forum on a daily basis. It's not a bad thing. They have as much right to use it as Leicester fans.

I think it's a bit weird, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not when you look at their forums. 

Foxestalk is pretty much perfect. There might be a lot of mouth breathing idiots here but that's Internet football fans in general, they make up 90% of all football support on any Internet platform. 

Looking beyond that, foxestalk is perfect in terms of layout and structure compared to the amateur hour elsewhere. 

Some of the biggest clubs do have some good forums, redcafe for example is a pretty good site (doesn't look as nice as FT but they have embedded highlights videos in the match thread as the game is unfolding, it's insane) but the sheer size of the member base makes it an absolute shit show of babble that's hard to follow. 

I'd say FT has the balance about perfect. 

Yeah, but the clue is in the name. 

FoxesTalk. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And they're posting in threads about general football and the Premier league etc it's not like they're offering opinions on our squad selection or managerial choices. 

Seriously, go look at the Burnley forum and you'll see why lancyclaret is here. It's awful. Only about five households have Internet in Burnley and it shows. 

Still a bit weird though tbh.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm surprised @Buce. I think it's great that we get differing viewpoints on here - I know football is tribal by tradition, but people are people.

Oh, I have no objection to it at all.

I just think it's weird they should want to.

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

No we don't FFS!

A lot do (think Coady) will be an England regular - read your own MolineuxMix more closely.:)

The way Coady was being described, I thought I was reading about a new Franz Beckenbauer, breaking up play and spraying 50/60-yard passes on a sixpence to all parts of the pitch (against Burton Albion).

Edited by lancyclaret

I don't get Fulham's owner who is now splashing out a fortune. Until last season, he was hardly willing to spend a penny in an attempt to get back to the PL. For two seasons, they were quite close to relegation to League One.

They'll probably do OK like they did under Roy Hodgson and be mid-table for 3/4 seasons before having one bad season and getting relegated again.

Edited by lancyclaret

1 minute ago, lancyclaret said:

I don't get Fulham's owner who is now splashing out a fortune. Until last season, he was hardly willing to spend a penny in an attempt to get back to the PL. For two seasons, they were quite close to relegation to League One.

Depends on how you look at it, throw a whole lot of dosh to try and get into the premiership and then recoup your money once you're there or hope you're good enough to get promotion and then spend a load of dosh trying to stay in it.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Some weird league predictions on the wolves site, a think a few are in for a shock. A lot of realistic ones though and it’s nice that teams see Leicester now in the 7th -9th bracket and not relegation candidates. 

Irrational football fans, whatever next lol

You can't blame them I suppose. Why not dream big, we've shown it's not always impossible.

There's no doubt they really are the early talking point this season, I think that's good for the game in general in the premier league. At least it makes a slight change from all the news being about the Mancs, North Londoners and Liverpool.

The jury seems to be split at the moment with lots of people on each side of the hope they fail/hope they do ok debate. The more decent players they sign though, the more people will slip to the 'I hope they're relegated' side of things.

I'm quite enjoying it.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Irrational football fans, whatever next lol

You can't blame them I suppose. Why not dream big, we've shown it's not always impossible.

There's no doubt they really are the early talking point this season, I think that's good for the game in general in the premier league. At least it makes a slight change from all the news being about the Mancs, North Londoners and Liverpool.

The jury seems to be split at the moment with lots of people on each side of the hope they fail/hope they do ok debate. The more decent players they sign though, the more people will slip to the 'I hope they're relegated' side of things.

I'm quite enjoying it.

It is nice to be talking about something different for a change I agree regardless of the opinion you fall on. Personally not really fussed about wolves. It would be funny if they went down but all the best to em if they think they can shake it up abit l. They’ll be the seasons story regardless now because the way their fans have gone on anything less than a European push is a failure and if they do pull it off then what a story. 

Although to to be fair it’s not likely we’ll have a title race to talk about, so what else is there? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It is nice to be talking about something different for a change I agree regardless of the opinion you fall on. Personally not really fussed about wolves. It would be funny if they went down but all the best to em if they think they can shake it up abit l. They’ll be the seasons story regardless now because the way their fans have gone on anything less than a European push is a failure and if they do pull it off then what a story. 

Although to to be fair it’s not likely we’ll have a title race to talk about, so what else is there? 

Hahaha. I really didn't know that was an opinion lots of them held. They are really likely to be in for a rude awakening. I just don't see that happening 1st season up. It's possible though I suppose.

I haven't looked at any of their fan sites, I'm really not that interested in other clubs sites at all. I spend enough bloody time on here and I'm not interested in half the shite I read from our fans let alone theirs. That said, the one fan site I have visited is 'the fighting cocks' and I was almost instantly hooked. The amount of bellends on there put us to shame, I see why they are considered a big club lol We simply can't compete.

Edited by Max Wall

45 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Hahaha. I really didn't know that was an opinion lots of them held. They are really likely to be in for a rude awakening. I just don't see that happening 1st season up. It's possible though I suppose.

I haven't looked at any of their fan sites, I'm really not that interested in other clubs sites at all. I spend enough bloody time on here and I'm not interested in half the shite I read from our fans let alone theirs. That said, the one fan site I have visited is 'the fighting cocks' and I was almost instantly hooked. The amount of bellends on there put us to shame, I see why they are considered a big club lol We simply can't compete.

I generally don’t attend other sites either, occasionally before a game if I have some time to kill as I have today lol fighting cock is probably the best comedy read around when they don’t win. 

I love the the pages in the build up to the ones where they go behind, make some posters on here look sane. 

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I do.

It sounds like pretty good business practice to wait until you have prem cash before spending big.

Why would he have to wait? He is a billionaire who has even put in a bid to buy Wembley.

He could buy Wembley with his loose change.

I'm just popping over to MolineuxMix to see how many more Portuguese players Wolves have signed today/ Two? Three? Will they be taking anyone else (paying the wages of a Mendes player) on loan from a club (Atletico) trying to balance its FFP obligations?

Edited by lancyclaret