Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Why would he have to wait? He is a billionaire who has even put in a bid to buy Wembley.

He could buy Wembley with his loose change.

So what?

Maybe he didn't have to, makes no difference. Waiting until they are there is surely better than spending fortunes trying to get there (and often failing, as many have proved)

I said it was good business practice, it is. Well done to him I say.

Edited by Max Wall

4 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Why would he have to wait? He is a billionaire who has even put in a bid to buy Wembley.

He could buy Wembley with his loose change.

Surely your very own club proves you don't have to spend a fortune to succeed? There isn't any law I'm aware of that states you have to spend/waste money, just because you have it.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, martyn said:

Schurrle is a player who seems to be on a downward trajectory, but he's still a good signing for a newly promoted club, especially given they're not going to be spending a shed load of cash on him.

I agree. Good signing is Schurrle. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Weird comment to make. Considering your in a thread with the purpose to talk about the other clubs in the prem. It's not like our regular visitors are abusive.

Infact I think the Watford Wolves and burnley fans on here are very respectful. More so than some of the tossers claiming to be city fans.

As I said, I have no problem with it whatsoever - I just think it's weird hanging out on another club's forum.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Weird comment to make. Considering your in a thread with the purpose to talk about the other clubs in the prem. It's not like our regular visitors are abusive.

Infact I think the Watford Wolves and burnley fans on here are very respectful. More so than some of the tossers claiming to be city fans.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

As I said, I have no problem with it whatsoever - I just think it's weird hanging out on another club's forum.

I actually agree with you both to a degree.

I think it's a little strange too. As I've said, I visit the fighting cocks probably twice a season for a laugh, that's it. I wouldn't dream of being on there a lot or posting on another clubs site.

However, I do agree that the ones we have on here have been very respectful, offer genuine opinions and presumably are football nuts. I usually read the posts and other clubs fans perspectives can be very interesting.

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes, Jonny who Atletico just signed from Celta Vigo!

Can't stand this bloke with his constant excitement though if I'm honest lol

Edit - said in jest btw ;) 

Edited by Max Wall

6 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Surely your very own club proves you don't have to spend a fortune to succeed? There isn't any law I'm aware of that states you have to spend/waste money, just because you have it.

We have though. 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

We have though. 

That's exactly why it isn't a blueprint for other clubs. We've wasted money and blown the best recruitment opportunity in our entire history if we're being honest.

We also didn't spend wildly before we won the title. It was after.

Edited by Max Wall

I didn't care about Wolves but getting Jonny on loan and now supposedly a good chance of Mina is getting a bit stupid. It's the lack of money it's costing them to get players of real quality. Will probably have a better team than us at this rate lol

9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I didn't care about Wolves but getting Jonny on loan and now supposedly a good chance of Mina is getting a bit stupid. It's the lack of money it's costing them to get players of real quality. Will probably have a better team than us at this rate lol

And for less than Slimani :ph34r: