Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

17 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm surprised @Buce. I think it's great that we get differing viewpoints on here - I know football is tribal by tradition, but people are people.

Probably in the minority here but I don’t go in for the tribal shit. Friendly rivalry is fine by me, with a few insults, digs and piss taking thrown in. No need for people to beat each other up over a game.

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I didn't care about Wolves but getting Jonny on loan and now supposedly a good chance of Mina is getting a bit stupid. It's the lack of money it's costing them to get players of real quality. Will probably have a better team than us at this rate lol

Very doubtful we'll get Mina. It's a long shot apparently. He'll go to Lyon or Everton, possibly even someone else will be in for him. 

21 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm surprised @Buce. I think it's great that we get differing viewpoints on here - I know football is tribal by tradition, but people are people.

Except for mine :P

21 hours ago, Buce said:

Oh, I have no objection to it at all.

I just think it's weird they should want to.

I, too, think it's weird. Understandable for pre and match threads against their teams, possibly understandable here but really they should be passing all their time on their own sites. I don' t go to others - it wouldn't be good for them - though I notice a lot of you do. Still you're all weird too.

Chelsea signing 38-year old Rob Green... Obviously a sign of things to come, plenty of regulars to leave the club, only to be replaced by mediocre players (I know Green's only a backup keeper, but still)...

Wonder where Chelsea will end up this coming season.

The longer this goes on, the more I am convinced that they won't make Top Six this time around.

28 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Everyone raving about Wolves have very short memories. I remember what happened to QPR when they followed a similar blueprint. I predict a similar fate for Wolves.

It wasnt really much of a similar blue print though. QPR spent big on very average players.

Wolves seem to be going about their business pretty well to be fair.

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Everyone raving about Wolves have very short memories. I remember what happened to QPR when they followed a similar blueprint. I predict a similar fate for Wolves.

not quite the same as what QPR did

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Chelsea signing 38-year old Rob Green... Obviously a sign of things to come, plenty of regulars to leave the club, only to be replaced by mediocre players (I know Green's only a backup keeper, but still)...

Wonder where Chelsea will end up this coming season.

The longer this goes on, the more I am convinced that they won't make Top Six this time around.

Makes sense doesn't it? Replaced their 3rd choice GK who was never going to play and taking up a foreign player spot with an English 3rd choice who is never going to play freeing up said foreign spot.

Edited by pds

1 hour ago, pds said:

Hide contents

Andre Gray £18.5m

:o 

These are the sort of transfers alongside Musa and Imbula that show up English football. I don't really care about the transfer fees for the likes of Pogba, Jorginho and Mahrez etc because they're fantastic but the money spent on average (that's being kind) players is obscene.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

It wasnt really much of a similar blue print though. QPR spent big on very average players.

Wolves seem to be going about their business pretty well to be fair.

Disagree. QPR made them very average. Players like Ryan Nelson, Ji-Sung Park, Julio Cesar, Granero, Mbia, Remy and Samba were all considered good players at worst before joining them. 

The resemblance to QPR is financially. I should have mentioned this, my mistake. But Wolves are obviously paying over the odds (wages wise) to entice these players. Big gamble what they're doing in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, Phube said:

Well that’s catchy and imaginative! :huh:

D81BE1A9-F49C-467F-B943-C014648CFFFF.jpeg

Definitely a rush job as it seems to much of a coincidence that They announced that half hour after NFL announced that they have Wembley on standby for the Raiders v Seashawks game middle of October to ensure it goes at at the stated time and date 

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Can't they just call it White Hart Lane still? Or is it on a different road / street?

Thought it was in the exact same spot. Unless WHL wasn't named after a street and I'm talking absolute guff, which I'll admit is definitely possible.

It's not actually on white hart lane. 

White Hart Lane runs from near wood green down to the Tottenham High Road, I used to walk past the top end on my way back from work. 

The stadium is on the high road a bit further down from where it meets white hart. It's always been an odd stadium name. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not actually on white hart lane. 

White Hart Lane runs from near wood green down to the Tottenham High Road, I used to walk past the top end on my way back from work. 

The stadium is on the high road a bit further down from where it meets white hart. It's always been an odd stadium name. 

Can't they call it the High Road Arena

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Can't they just call it White Hart Lane still? Or is it on a different road / street?

Thought it was in the exact same spot. Unless WHL wasn't named after a street and I'm talking absolute guff, which I'll admit is definitely possible.

@Finnegan has already said about the name but yes it is more or less on the same spot 9A85D79E-70D1-417E-B3BF-1A74A9BC0961.jpeg.6f471545daf175de64fd1da7ef226320.jpeg