Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

12 hours ago, Phube said:

Well that’s catchy and imaginative! :huh:

D81BE1A9-F49C-467F-B943-C014648CFFFF.jpeg

Thats just a placeholder. They'll be getting a stadium sponsor almost immediately, and changing the name from White Hart Lane to something neutral as a stop-gap until then means there'll be less uproar when the naming deal gets announced. Look at what happened when Mike Ashley tried changing St James' Park to the Sports Direct Arena, for instance.

8 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Where do people realistically think we will finish next season? As I don’t see Burnley fishing as high as they did last season as they have Europe and I think we could finish above Everton so is pushing for 6th realistic?

I think Everton, Wolves & West Ham will all finish above us. We will finish 9th-12th IMO. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Where do people realistically think we will finish next season? As I don’t see Burnley fishing as high as they did last season as they have Europe and I think we could finish above Everton so is pushing for 6th realistic?

We should be aiming for top 6 this season. But I just can't see it happening unfortunately. No Mahrez replacement is asking for trouble.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you think our pre season is iffy Everton whacked today 4-1. They’ve failed to strengthen a poor defence over the off season 

lost 3-0 to blackburn in the week and drew 1-1 with bury the week before as well. often doesn’t mean much but we’d be having a right time of it on here if we were them. 

Just glad the season is only around the corner.

Has felt very long since last season-end for some reason.

Hope Sky etc don't change too many games in terms of different scheduled times.

On 27/07/2018 at 11:31, 4everfox said:

We should be aiming for top 6 this season. But I just can't see it happening unfortunately. No Mahrez replacement is asking for trouble.

We wouldn't be able to aim for top 6 even with Riyad. How you're still banging that drum is beyond me.

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just glad the season is only around the corner.

Has felt very long since last season-end for some reason.

Hope Sky etc don't change too many games in terms of different scheduled times.

You forgot the WC? lol

Why does everyone suddenly think Wolves and West Ham will finish above us?  We were the 9th best team last season and I genuinely think we will do better next. The inly team outside the Big 6 I can see being genuinely better than us is Everton.  I think Burnley will struggle to finish as high as they did last season.  I think we will finish 7th or 8th and I am getting so annoyed at everyone saying Wolves are somehow gonna win the league that I am betting on them to go down.  I am petty and obtuse and I can't help it.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Why does everyone suddenly think Wolves and West Ham will finish above us?  We were the 9th best team last season and I genuinely think we will do better next. The inly team outside the Big 6 I can see being genuinely better than us is Everton.  I think Burnley will struggle to finish as high as they did last season.  I think we will finish 7th or 8th and I am getting so annoyed at everyone saying Wolves are somehow gonna win the league that I am betting on them to go down.  I am petty and obtuse and I can't help it.  X

Arnartovic - Yarmolenko - Anderson is why West Ham will finish above us. Everton have a shambolic defence but they also have tosun, Walcott, richarlison and Gylfi, wolves are an unknown quantity. We just don't that sort of quality upfront unfortuanlty. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The question could also be why some people think we'll finish above teams such as West Ham, Everton or Wolves?

It's all a pretty big guessing game at this point, but if you look at the final league position estimation thread, you could equally say there's potential for four to five teams finishing between 7th and 11th, and thus above us.

10 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Arnartovic - Yarmolenko - Anderson is why West Ham will finish above us. Everton have a shambolic defence but they also have tosun, Walcott, richarlison and Gylfi, wolves are an unknown quantity. We just don't that sort of quality upfront unfortuanlty. 

I will bet you £10, right here, right now, with Foxestalk as my witness, that we finish above West Ham.  I will send the money to Mr and Mrs Foxestalk to send your way should I lose.  Which I wont obviously because I am smart and my penis is pendulous.  X

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The question could also be why some people think we'll finish above teams such as West Ham, Everton or Wolves?

It's all a pretty big guessing game at this point, but if you look at the final league position estimation thread, you could equally say there's potential for four to five teams finishing between 7th and 11th, and thus above us.

Because I think our team is better than some other people on here and because I am a Leicester fan and I enjoy football and a part of football is daring to dream.  X

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I don't think we'll be top 10 at all. I think we might struggle to score goals. We have a tough start too. 

We got the tough start manure then you at home. So most seem to think on here.  The mods should do suicide watch in here not monitor what people say.