Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Everton H

Leicester A

Man City H

We could easily end up with only 1 point or even 0 from those. 

Palace didn't get a single point in their first 7 games and were still comfortable. As long as your 20 points after 20 games you should be fine, anything less and then fans should panic. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

4 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Arnartovic - Yarmolenko - Anderson is why West Ham will finish above us. Everton have a shambolic defence but they also have tosun, Walcott, richarlison and Gylfi, wolves are an unknown quantity. We just don't that sort of quality upfront unfortuanlty. 

Vardy will probably score more than them combined

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Burnley manager Sean Dyche wants to sign Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, 37, in a £500,000 deal. 

lol Where does Burnley's money go?

I said this the other day. You can’t play the poverty card if you’re pulling in over £100m a year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I said this the other day. You can’t play the poverty card if you’re pulling in over £100m a year.

It's a strange one. I'm sure Crouch probably could do a job for them, you'd just think they may have aimed a little higher.

You don't have to spend big to get performance players, we've proved that in the past but it does seem a bit of a desperate move.

It's difficult to know if it's Dyche, the club or both that are tight.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's a strange one. I'm sure Crouch probably could do a job for them, you'd just think they may have aimed a little higher.

You don't have to spend big to get performance players, we've proved that in the past but it does seem a bit of a desperate move.

Oh yeah, I agree you don’t have to spend a fortune to bring in a player who’ll do a job. If they can spend wisely fair play, but it’s Dyche’s constant moaning about money (mostly aimed in our direction) that grates with me. 

11 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

If you aim higher than Crouch the ball will definitely go out of play.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Oh yeah, I agree you don’t have to spend a fortune to bring in a player who’ll do a job. If they can spend wisely fair play, but it’s Dyche’s constant moaning about money (mostly aimed in our direction) that grates with me. us all

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

I doubt it’s Dyche that’s tight. And whilst he overplays the poverty card, he must be frustrated with Burnley’s spending power compared to teams that finished worse than they did. He’s done a brilliant job. 

He’s probably taken his team as far as they can go and wouldn’t be surprised if the first mid level team that struggles and needs to replace their manager turns to him. It’s more than possible that would be us! I believe in the current sack race that Gracia (Watford) is favourite with Puel next. Obviously I’d rather Puel did a great job so this becomes irrelevant but as it stands it is a real possibility if we start badly. 

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Because I think our team is better than some other people on here and because I am a Leicester fan and I enjoy football and a part of football is daring to dream.  X

There's potential in certain areas, plenty of youngsters who could be close to a Premier League breakthrough.

Bloated squad size and a few missing transfers (two wingers especially) put a bit of a dent into things for me. Also need to accommodate new signings and it may take some time before it starts clicking.

A certain amount of uncertainty comes into play. Curious to see our total of ins and outs in two weeks' time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt it’s Dyche that’s tight. And whilst he overplays the poverty card, he must be frustrated with Burnley’s spending power compared to teams that finished worse than they did. He’s done a brilliant job. 

He’s probably taken his team as far as they can go and wouldn’t be surprised if the first mid level team that struggles and needs to replace their manager turns to him. It’s more than possible that would be us! I believe in the current sack race that Gracia (Watford) is favourite with Puel next. Obviously I’d rather Puel did a great job so this becomes irrelevant but as it stands it is a real possibility if we start badly. 

He hasn’t got a lot of games to get it right this season. If we’re poor in the first 5 he’s gone.

42 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He hasn’t got a lot of games to get it right this season. If we’re poor in the first 5 he’s gone.

The boos at the end of last season were there for all to see, so I think it's similar to the Shakespeare situation last year.

But I'd love for him to turn it around and have us playing good football and picking up results. And I'm sure that if he can do that, even naysayers will come around,

what’s the point in crouch when they have vokes, wood and barnes? surely they’d be better off signing someone like defoe or a similar style for a change of plan. if long ball to the striker who fouls the centre half doesn’t work with one of the first 3 strikers, then that plan’s probably not gonna work if they put their fourth big man on instead? 

• Like 1

Not the best of friendlies for Wolves today. Think they have a great squad but that’s a lot of players to gel at once! 

Derby played some great stuff mind, quick influence from Lampard.