Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I had the misfortune of catching some of Talk Sport this afternoon. It was nice of them to let us know early that Liverpool have won the Premier League. Saves all other clubs from getting their hopes up.

Mark Lawrenson must be creaming his pants already.

Expect his predictions for the new season to go like this all the time:

Liverpool 5 - 0 opposition

Opposition 0 - 5 Liverpool

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The boos at the end of last season were there for all to see, so I think it's similar to the Shakespeare situation last year.

But I'd love for him to turn it around and have us playing good football and picking up results. And I'm sure that if he can do that, even naysayers will come around,

Hopefully! From what I’ve heard he’s as good as gone though. Can’t see him making the required form.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not the best of friendlies for Wolves today. Think they have a great squad but that’s a lot of players to gel at once! 

Derby played some great stuff mind, quick influence from Lampard. 

Yesterday ;)

They were well up for it from the off. Kind of like our friendly last year when we were the same against you. 

If they can play like that regularly they'll do very well under Lampard.

Edited by The Bear

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yesterday ;)

They were well up for it from the off. Kind of like our friendly last year when we were the same against you. 

If they can play like that regularly they'll do very well under Lampard.

Yep! My bad lol 

Good point that actually! Guess they’re a couple of weeks ahead.

Looks like he’s got a goodun from Chelsea in Mason Mount 

On 28/07/2018 at 21:08, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you think our pre season is iffy Everton whacked today 4-1. They’ve failed to strengthen a poor defence over the off season 

Silva's sides play good football but it is fair to say they're poor defensively. He did well with poor sides but took a couple of absolute smackings as well. Sure he lost 1-7 and 0-6 in the space of under 10 games.

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

From what you've heard FROM WHOM please?

I work a lot at the training ground, I don’t always get told stuff for obvious reasons but everything they’ve ever said to me has turned out to be true so far. 

do wonder why any player would want to move to Man Utd under Jose, feels to me likes hes lost the plot now, certainly after his comment this weekend about Sanchez lokking unhappy etc

though its coming into his 3rd year there.............so it shouldnt be too long until hes sacked............certainly isnt the special one anymore imo

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I work a lot at the training ground, I don’t always get told stuff for obvious reasons but everything they’ve ever said to me has turned out to be true so far. 

Cheers ARTY. We shall see - if he is a dead man walking, then it seems a very odd way of running the club.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Cheers ARTY. We shall see - if he is a dead man walking, then it seems a very odd way of running the club.

I can’t remember the exact numbers of games they said he had, it wasn’t many. I responded with pretty much what you’ve said there. Why give him the window? 

Hopefully we start well and it’s not another wasted summer. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I can’t remember the exact numbers of games they said he had, it wasn’t many. I responded with pretty much what you’ve said there. Why give him the window? 

Hopefully we start well and it’s not another wasted summer. 

Presuming it wasn't the owners saying this (and taking what you say in good faith), would it be fair to suggest that this may be something that has been said to this person, who told a 2nd person, who heard it from another person? In other words, there may be some general negativity/wishful thikning going on...

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Presuming it wasn't the owners saying this (and taking what you say in good faith), would it be fair to suggest that this may be something that has been said to this person, who told a 2nd person, who heard it from another person? In other words, there may be some general negativity/wishful thikning going on...

He was happy about it absolutely. He had said to me a few weeks before he had hoped he’d be gone. Hence his excitement and willing to share what he was told. He said it’s no secret and it’s been made known to all the staff and players. So it wasn’t a Chinese whispers chain of twists and turns but I couldn’t really ask people about it as I don’t want to get sacked lol

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was happy about it absolutely. He had said to me a few weeks before he had hoped he’d be gone. Hence his excitement and willing to share what he was told. He said it’s no secret and it’s been made known to all the staff and players. So it wasn’t a Chinese whispers chain of twists and turns but I couldn’t really ask people about it as I don’t want to get sacked lol

If it really HAS been made known to all the players and staff...........well, I am sure every one of us can find an end to this sentence. Words fail me, however.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

If it really HAS been made known to all the players and staff...........well, I am sure every one of us can find an end to this sentence. Words fail me, however.

I’m just hoping we start well. Giving him the summer and say 5 games before getting rid is something I can’t get my head round. 

If if it doesn’t work out then it’s going to be a long season. Fixtures haven’t been very kind so to be honest that’s what I’m expecting. 

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

So the players who don't want him here won't bother trying then. Also if true why would players like Maddison etc come here if they are going to be playing for a dead man walking.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m just hoping we start well. Giving him the summer and say 5 games before getting rid is something I can’t get my head round. 

If if it doesn’t work out then it’s going to be a long season. Fixtures haven’t been very kind so to be honest that’s what I’m expecting. 

Would you agree that your source might be guilty of exaggeration, wish-fulfilment or 2 plus 2ism?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Would you agree that your source might be guilty of exaggeration, wish-fulfilment or 2 plus 2ism?

Wishful thinking definitely. The fella that was telling me all this doesn’t always part with what he knows easily But he was happy at the thought Puel could be going. 100%. 

I imagine it won’t be long before I end up back there so if I can find out more I will do. 

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

So the players who don't want him here won't bother trying then. Also if true why would players like Maddison etc come here if they are going to be playing for a dead man walking.

Depends how sure you are that all the players don’t want him there really doesn’t it.