Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Wishful thinking definitely. The fella that was telling me all this doesn’t always part with what he knows easily But he was happy at the thought Puel could be going. 100%. 

I imagine it won’t be long before I end up back there so if I can find out more I will do. 

Thank you for responding so calmly - I hope you know I am not having a go at you whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you for responding so calmly - I hope you know I am not having a go at you whatsoever.

No worries.  Of course, just wish I could tell you more. My own perception of it was that the owners really really don’t want to sack another manager and had moved the goal posts to get to this point. I’m not sure why the change of heart but that was what I took from it. 

I can can completely understand people being sceptical or having questions, it’s natural really.

11 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Hopefully! From what I’ve heard he’s as good as gone though. Can’t see him making the required form.

If this is true it's an absolutely shocking way to carry out business.

I'm not referring to whether he stays or goes in general, just the timing if he goes. This would suggest it could be a handful of games in after giving him a full pre-season and transfer window, 

If that's the case, I'd rather it had been after the last game of last season. 

There'll certainly be a good number of people happy if this is the case, can't say I'm one of them.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No worries.  Of course, just wish I could tell you more. My own perception of it was that the owners really really don’t want to sack another manager and had moved the goal posts to get to this point. I’m not sure why the change of heart but that was what I took from it. 

I can can completely understand people being sceptical or having questions, it’s natural really.

It really does have the foul stench of a rotten internal culture, whatever the outcome.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

If this is true it's an absolutely shocking way to carry out business.

I'm not referring to whether he stays or goes in general, just the timing if he goes. This would suggest it could be a handful of games in after giving him a full pre-season and transfer window, 

If that's the case, I'd rather it had been after the last game of last season. 

There'll certainly be a good number of people happy if this is the case, can't say I'm one of them.

Couldn’t agree with you more mate 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It really does have the foul stench of a rotten internal culture, whatever the outcome.

+1

Absolutely.

I'd (sort of) laughed off the rumours of unrest over the last couple of seasons as the normal whispers and thought it was nowhere as bad as some people were making out. This, if true, suggests they were entirely correct. That's extremely worrisome.

Whilst every manager, well almost everyone lives on the edge of being sacked surely their are numerous aspects to how we are doing than just the results.

Opposition, availability of players, the actual games and how they panned out won or lost, team spirit etc.

So it's somewhat hard to believe that someone is to be judge on the results of a small number of games.

I know Shakespeare went early after poor results but was he just given those to prove himself I think not.

We're starting to develop a pattern here of sacking managers early in the season if this actually the case. 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely, if I’m completely honest I felt myself getting quite annoyed  when we was telling me about it. 

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

...and yet the Merc are reporting

5. From spending time with the squad in Velden, one aspect that is clear is that the renowned togetherness and Leicester team spirit is still strong.

I'd assume if this story has been told to all the players then there would be a toxic atmosphere with players understandable concerned about their future at the club.

• Like 2

Just now, davieG said:

I'd assume if this story has been told to all the players then there would be a toxic atmosphere with players understandable concerned about their future at the club.

I really would prefer this to be the case Davie - let's hope that Arty's source is a fantasist.

• Like 1

I think the owners must see something in Puel to make them believe he is the right man for the job. With some of our performances in the latter stages of last season it would have been so easy to pull the plug but they didn't, they stood by him and backed him to spend this window.

I just can't see how they would then give such strict, high-pressure demands for the start of this season. It doesn't sound like the owners we know. They've backed him and so will I.

53 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was happy about it absolutely. He had said to me a few weeks before he had hoped he’d be gone. Hence his excitement and willing to share what he was told. He said it’s no secret and it’s been made known to all the staff and players. So it wasn’t a Chinese whispers chain of twists and turns but I couldn’t really ask people about it as I don’t want to get sacked lol

This doesn’t surprise me sadly, but it’s worrying to think we have a manager that the players and staff don’t want, and that it’s common knowledge he’ll be gone if we start poorly... 

bottom at at the end of August anyone??

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

I guess at that time the so called trouble makers were still on holiday? Who knows. 

I’d be surprised if the owners/club have put a specific target or number of games on Puel, but it is not crazy to think they have a contingency in place if we have a bad start. Puel does not have a lot of credit in the bank after last season and a poor start means he has to go. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think players are behind him to be honest. Again that’s my perception rather than what’s been said out right but we’ll see. Losing to united and Liverpool won’t see him go provided the performance is there.  

Just now, sdb said:

This doesn’t surprise me sadly, but it’s worrying to think we have a manager that the players and staff don’t want, and that it’s common knowledge he’ll be gone if we start poorly... 

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

I guess at that time the so called trouble makers were still on holiday? Who knows. 

Only Maguire, Vardy and Okasaki were missing.

7 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

In the nicest possible way, Arty, I hope what you've been told is rubbish.

I'm not a fan of Puel and would have sacked him at the end of last season, but you don't plan for a new season like that.

Me too mate, I’d say I was hoping to be apologising to you all but then I just hope Puel turns out to be the messiah instead.

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

I think players are actually behind him. I don’t think we’ll see a group plying for him to get the sack.