Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Who’s ‘winning’ the transfer window up to now? Liverpool look to have addressed the issues in their squad whilst keeping hold of their front three. Fulham have made some admirable acquisitions for a promoted side. West Ham have splashed the cash and Man City have added to their already remarkable side with some Algerian fella. Which team stands out?

still think Maddison will be prove to be one of the smartest buys

Fulham or Liverpool.

Liverpool are genuine contenders now. I wouldn't bet against them even with Man City in great shape.

Fulham have signed some players well above their level but I think they're still weak in a few key areas (specifically fullbacks).

We started off like a house on fire but slowed to a halt. Wolves have signed some very good footballlers but only Rui Patricio really impresses me. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Who’s ‘winning’ the transfer window up to now? Liverpool look to have addressed the issues in their squad whilst keeping hold of their front three. Fulham have made some admirable acquisitions for a promoted side. West Ham have splashed the cash and Man City have added to their already remarkable side with some Algerian fella. Which team stands out?

still think Maddison will be prove to be one of the smartest buys

Fulham have so far signed Seri in midfield and gotten Schürrle on loan, which is admirable in parts, but not that impressive.

In comparison, Wolves have added tons of new players already.

Liverpool are in full Manchester City Mode and look like the main transfer window winners right now. Added depth in squad to an already impressive assortment of players. Just look at their transfer balance so far. £160m - and the transfer window's not even over yet!

Plus, Origi is back from his loan spell at Wolfsburg...

Oh, and yes - Arsenal aren't doing too shabbily so far, either.

Edited by MC Prussian

No more excuses for Liverpool and Klopp, have to be challenging this year. I'm interested in Arsenal might do this year, think they've quietly made a couple of signings and expectations have dropped a little.

Brighton have bought in a fair amount of players which could go either way and Fulham have made some good signings but I still think they'll struggle.

Palace have been very quiet so far, just the one free signing from what I can see.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Fulham or Liverpool.

Liverpool are genuine contenders now. I wouldn't bet against them even with Man City in great shape.

Fulham have signed some players well above their level but I think they're still weak in a few key areas (specifically fullbacks).

We started off like a house on fire but slowed to a halt. Wolves have signed some very good footballlers but only Rui Patricio really impresses me. 

Totally agree regarding Liverpool, should be a much more competitive title race between them and Man City 

This is Liverpool's best team and squad in the Premier League era. Their team was decent last year but had plenty of room for improvement and still got to the final of the champions league and beat Man City 3 times. This year they have improved or added depth in every area. If you can get to the UCL final with a midfield three of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum then christ knows what the same team plus Allison, Keita and Fabinho will do.

Still think City will win it because their style is less physically intensive so they won't drop points to teams outside the top 6, but Liverpool's style is excellent for trophies because it can beat the other teams competing at the top.

On 29/07/2018 at 11:33, OhYesNdidi said:

Arnartovic - Yarmolenko - Anderson is why West Ham will finish above us. Everton have a shambolic defence but they also have tosun, Walcott, richarlison and Gylfi, wolves are an unknown quantity. We just don't that sort of quality upfront unfortuanlty. 

I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham are like Everton last year. It looks like they've bought well on paper but Yarmolenko has flopped since leaving Kiev and Anderson looks well overpriced. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The PL hasn't started yet. What else would you prefer to discuss?

I'm genuinely interested to hear where Burnley's money goes from one of their fans, and have found the Puel stuff interesting as non-Leicester fan. I know  the Leicester STHs I work with aren't big fans of his either. 

I was referring to all the Puel in/out stuff earlier. Plenty of other threads discussing this. Normal service seems to have resumed now.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Would you agree that your source might be guilty of exaggeration, wish-fulfilment or 2 plus 2ism?

This was info one or two of us put out before the season ended. It's not totally new info. More of a shock he got his reprieve and is still here. And no I'm not anti Puel.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

This was info one or two of us put out before the season ended. It's not totally new info. More of a shock he got his reprieve and is still here. And no I'm not anti Puel.

Sure - but gossip and fact aren't the same, which I'm sure you'd acknowledge.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sure - but gossip and fact aren't the same, which I'm sure you'd acknowledge.

I agree and now the owners seem to have backed him I'm not sure why its re surfaced now. Not like he's had a full squad to work with yet. Even when he has they won't all be properly fit.

I personally think this talk is partly the lack of pre season games. And only having one upto now fans could go to.

Everton linked this morning with a £30m move for Rojo lol

This has left me in a quandary. I'm not sure who's defence I'd rather he ruins, Everton or Man U.

Am I the only person who sees him as an absolute bomb scare? £30m deary me.

Edited by Max Wall

42 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

This has left me in a quandary. I'm not sure who's defence I'd rather he ruins, Everton or Man U.

Yeah he's rubbish, would he have played under Silva at Sporting, though? Could be why he thinks he's worth the fee.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah he's rubbish, would he have played under Silva at Sporting, though? Could be why he thinks he's worth the fee.

Surely if he played under Silva previously, Silva would know that's an inflated fee for him?

I know the point you're making in fairness, Maybe it's just one of those moves for him (Rojo), that just hasn't worked out. History is littered with those (Veron at Man U as an example) but Rojo has shown absolutely nothing since being at Man U other than a propensity to get overly excited and make rash decisions.

I genuinely wouldn't ever want us to sign him.

All personal opinion of course but he just doesn't look a reliable player to me at all.

56 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I thought he was off to wolves for £25 million 

I think Marco Silva is a weird one.

First the massively inflated fee for Richarlison and now bidding £30m for Rojo? I would be worried if i was an Everton fan with him throwing big money around so recklessly. In my eyes he's never really justified his reputation. He did fairly well at Hull getting them some good wins but in the end it still wasn't good enough to keep them up. At Watford he started well and then the last 20 odd games they were dire. Now he's been given a 'big job' and he is making decisions like these? Baffles me how he's got in this position.  

I for one will not be surprised if this goes the same way as Koeman.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

I think Marco Silva is a weird one.

First the massively inflated fee for Richarlison and now bidding £30m for Rojo? I would be worried if i was an Everton fan with him throwing big money around so recklessly. In my eyes he's never really justified his reputation. He did fairly well at Hull getting them some good wins but in the end it still wasn't good enough to keep them up. At Watford he started well and then the last 20 odd games they were dire. Now he's been given a 'big job' and he is making decisions like these? Baffles me how he's got in this position.  

I for one will not be surprised if this goes the same way as Koeman.

Oh trust me they are worried. Their forum is more miserable than this one somehow