Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Dyche and Benitez joint favourites to leave first - especially if Burnley get knocked out by Aberdeen tonight.

I'm putting £20 on the Dons at 8/1 with a covering £30 on the draw at 3/1.

Why on earth would Dyche be first? You won't sack him for losing to Aberdeen and I can't think why he would resign. I can't find any odds that have Dyche short priced. 

16 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Dyche and Benitez joint favourites to leave first - especially if Burnley get knocked out by Aberdeen tonight.

Basically, a fed-up Dyche has said that he sees no long-term PL future for Burnley unless they get a wealthy backer like the vast majority of PL clubs.

Burnley's "owners" have a net wealth of about £80 million - the next "poorest" are the Pozzos at Watford with £350 million.

Dyche won't go, got it far too cushty at Burnley - he can get relegated without any consequences to his job and presumably finish mid-table in the Championship season after and still be kept on.

23 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Basically, a fed-up Dyche has said that he sees no long-term PL future for Burnley unless they get a wealthy backer like the vast majority of PL clubs.

Burnley's "owners" have a net wealth of about £80 million - the next "poorest" are the Pozzos at Watford with £350 million.

I may need educating on the subject but surely Burnley are worth more than £80m alone. With the recent incoming PL money and little outgoings. 

30 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Wealthy owners =/= wealthy club. 

Burnley will have made a disgusting amount of money from television and prize money over the last couple of years. 

Our owners are billionaires but they don't float our transfer kitty, they believe the club should be self sufficient and don't inject silly amounts in. 

You aren't paupers at all, your owners are just milking the revenue and Dyche likes playing the underdog card. 

There's no such thing as a poor Premier league club. You have money to spend on transfers, it's just shockingly obvious that as good an organiser and motivator that Dyche might be, he's frankly inept at recruitment and always has been.

Edited by Finnegan

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

As if Dyche would be 'fed-up' of pretending he and the club have no money to spend! It's his reason for getting up in the morning evening lol

Corrected for you.

He's a known sunlight avoider.

I think Dyche will leave. He knows he's in demand, he's taken Burnley as far as he can and to progress he needs a club that will back him financially and have a vision for the future. Burnley's vision goes about as far as upgrading the seats to plastic ones. He's a good manager who's having to make do. 

7 hours ago, Worthington said:

It's being reported that Palace are paying Meyer £170k p.w. PLUS  bonuses   ….  Bloody madness !!

To add to that they are now reportedly buying Danny Ings for............ £24m!!! Liverpool paid £6m for him and he's barely played for them.

What the actual ****?

:nigel:

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

To add to that they are now reportedly buying Danny Ings for............ £24m!!! Liverpool paid £6m for him and he's barely played for them.

What the actual ****?

I like Danny Ings but not sure how his price has risen while not playing.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I like Danny Ings but not sure how his price has risen while not playing.

Part of the fee will go to buying him out of his contract. His wages are much higher now than when Liverpool bought him so that's going to inflate it.

And obviously the market has shifted massively in the last 2-3 years, and high-end Championship players are all £10-15m+. Add on the usual tax for an English player at a top 6 club (regardless of playtime) and it's not *that* far-fetched relative to the market.

Transfer fees nowadays are all ****ing bonkers, though.

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Part of the fee will go to buying him out of his contract. His wages are much higher now than when Liverpool bought him so that's going to inflate it.

And obviously the market has shifted massively in the last 2-3 years, and high-end Championship players are all £10-15m+. Add on the usual tax for an English player at a top 6 club (regardless of playtime) and it's not *that* far-fetched relative to the market.

Transfer fees nowadays are all ****ing bonkers, though.

You are 100% right.

He could still be a good buy even at that price if he stays healthy

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

What the actual ****?

Liverpool got him for nothing technically, just had to pay Burnley compensation. 

Dyche leaving would be beyond stupid, only reason he'd leave is if Burnley went down like Martinez with Wigan. Even if Burnley went down, he'd get plaudits for the job he's done on a "shoe-string". Clubs like Everton, even us probably wouldn't touch him unless our first 10 targets didn't want the job. He's at a club which only beat Cardiff and Huddersfield for ambition. 

13 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Mourhino could go early on and that wouldn't surprise me. Either be sacked or walk out. Unless Man U have an amazing start I could see being gone as early as mid September if he does go I could see them going for an former United boy in Laurent Blanc. Benitez is only staying on at Newcastle till a better job comes otherwise he would have walked away. Funny thing is Benitez has won the champions league and the europa league yet no top six club think he's could enough to manage them.  

On 02/08/2018 at 10:47, lancyclaret said:

Surely Burnley generate their own wealth, the same as most clubs, from TV revenue, Europe, prize money, transfers etc?  It's not like our chairman buys our players out of his own pocket.  FFP restricts this anyway I believe.

Tired of hearing this Burnley 'poverty card' on repeat like a stuck record.  It just doesn't cut any ice with me.  You must have resources to get players in, otherwise, if I were a Burnley fan I would be asking where all the money goes to.

A lot of talk on the Newcastle twitter that the pictures with Muto were taken when he arrived last week (hence rafa smiling as this was supposed to be the second of four signings made that week.

A lot saying he definitely wouldn't be look that happy now! Also fun to note they couldn't be arsed to move the packaging from the photo background lol 

• Haha 1