Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Has Riyad done anything of note yet?  I've only been watching for about 10 minutes but all I've seen him do is walk around a bit, give away a goal kick and pass the ball to Caballero... 

No he’s been largely anonymous. Played one decent pass to Aguero early on

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No he’s been largely anonymous. Played one decent pass to Aguero early on

It was a good pass though :wub: Classic Riyad. Often anonymous throughout a match, but suddenly come out with a bit of magic. The questions are whether a) Pep and the Man City fans have patience with that and b) Whether Pep can help him develop to be a force throughout a match. I felt his work rate was higher than normal at the start of the match, but then seemed to lose interest :dunno:

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

It was a good pass though :wub: Classic Riyad. Often anonymous throughout a match, but suddenly come out with a bit of magic. The questions are whether a) Pep and the Man City fans have patience with that and b) Whether Pep can help him develop to be a force throughout a match. I felt his work rate was higher than normal at the start of the match, but then seemed to lose interest :dunno:

It has been his first 30 minutes with the first team. He's settling in.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Pretty much the same with any flair player, one bit of magic can win a game. He’ll have to work hard to keep others out of the team though

Mahrez’ main achievement this half has been to make sure alonso hasn’t got forward - never tried to go the other side of riyad. Nothing to do with mahrez tracking back but simply full backs not willing to allow him to be goal side of them when their side is attacking. 

By staying wide this also means Man City aren’t overlapping his side - a difference to last season when sterling came in off the line and walker came into the space.

Edited by st albans fox