Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

25 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

West Ham are apparently in talks to sign Sanabria from Betis for 25m. Where's all this money come from for them lol

They're in a massive Stadium they don't have to pay for, and they've had many years of this premier league mega money. Most clubs can afford to do this, which makes Burnley even more confusing. 

24 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That’s an excellent summary in the Guardian piece. 

Indeed ...   they have done their research.   Contrary to their comment I think Mendy may figure this year ...   but apart from that minor detail its pretty much bang on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Don’t think that’s a good signing from Wolves. Has his moments but not consistent enough for the prem 

Players when moving,and according to future selection mix,in New playing partners,can suddenly start to

realise any shown potential...Thats a part of the various UPS and  downs, of the transfer-deals,

youngsters,like Madison,Maguire's surge in career,Ronaldo to Juventus,plus many others,who want or

are forced to leave....can they become famous,or just keep hold of their Profi careers....

Their given New seasons,they all will have ,will initself  be the proof..dont forget success is measured totally

Different...even getting a New Start is a success,belief,confidence resurgence of potential,is what all

Players hope for...Look how many Manu/Chelsea/Mancity.  Players potential stars have collapsed,waned

or took off and flew after, 2-3 seasons..one holds in bated breath to see the long or just short present

Careers of Costa,Ronaldo,Kane ,Maguire,Mahrez...and a New kids on the block our own Maddison,Gray,Chilwell.

2015/2016...

Its was a mixed pedigree of well travelled players,who/where many a fan would judge/considered

"AS not good enough"   for the PL,or for top 8 team....who took that season by storm.

A New season a New chapter......1000s of player awaiting to change or continue their careers ,for the future

some just  happy to see it rekindle into this season's .

Look how Chelseas great squad seemingly have diminished,and how L'pools have seemingly become

the Team to ruin Man.Citys PL hopes.   Built on individual players stories,of potential and dispair...

Just like Drinkwaters...career of Further greatness with expected Wcup selection imploded,there are others

who will find their  'change". Pushes their Careers again forward,and on the Front foot.

I never see the point in looking Into the negative,Into other peoples Situation of being not good enough,

or doomed to failure...lets read the book into the Next chapter ,before believing we already know

how it  ends.!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Players when moving,and according to future selection mix,in New playing partners,can suddenly start to

realise any shown potential...Thats a part of the various UPS and  downs, of the transfer-deals,

youngsters,like Madison,Maguire's surge in career,Ronaldo to Juventus,plus many others,who want or

are forced to leave....can they become famous,or just keep hold of their Profi careers....

Their given New seasons,they all will have ,will initself  be the proof..dont forget success is measured totally

Different...even getting a New Start is a success,belief,confidence resurgence of potential,is what all

Players hope for...Look how many Manu/Chelsea/Mancity.  Players potential stars have collapsed,waned

or took off and flew after, 2-3 seasons..one holds in bated breath to see the long or just short present

Careers of Costa,Ronaldo,Kane ,Maguire,Mahrez...and a New kids on the block our own Maddison,Gray,Chilwell.

2015/2016...

Its was a mixed pedigree of well travelled players,who/where many a fan would judge/considered

"AS not good enough"   for the PL,or for top 8 team....who took that season by storm.

A New season a New chapter......1000s of player awaiting to change or continue their careers ,for the future

Look how Chelseas great squad seemingly have diminished,and how L'pools have seemingly become

the Team to ruin Man.Citys PL hopes.   Built on individual players stories,of potential and dispair...

Just like Drinkwaters...career of Further greatness with expected Wcup selection imploded,there are others

who will find their  'change". Pushes their Careers again forward,and on the Front foot.

I never see the point in looking Into the negative,Into other peoples Situation of being not good enough,

or doomed to failure...lets read the book into the Next chapter ,before believing we already know

how it  ends.!!

Yeah that’s what I meant :ph34r:

On 30/07/2018 at 09:26, Max Wall said:

If this is true it's an absolutely shocking way to carry out business.

I'm not referring to whether he stays or goes in general, just the timing if he goes. This would suggest it could be a handful of games in after giving him a full pre-season and transfer window, 

If that's the case, I'd rather it had been after the last game of last season. 

There'll certainly be a good number of people happy if this is the case, can't say I'm one of them.

Just skimming through this thread and haven't seen if anything more got said on it but I agree with this a lot, how can people be happy with an approach like that? It's an absolute disgrace if it's true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Excellent quote from that guardian article... think it sums things up perfectly

"That alludes to another key question: is Leicester’s squad both bloated and too thin?"

And I think we all know the answer to that one! :doh:

But I like that Puel on the surface at least is cutting the fat. Last two friendlies cut a ton of players who probably won't feature.

One thing that worries a bit is that Okazaki hasn't been in one of the squads so far. I understood he came back at the same time as Vardy and Maguire which would explain it, but though I can't see Okzaki making many starts this season I see him as a super useful squad player. How many times has he come off the bench and caused chaos with his Shin-jutsu technique? He has a lot of value!

Edited by StriderHiryu

23 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Bernard off to Everton according to the mail 

Reckon he'll beef up their attacking options..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

2015/2016...

how it  ends.!!

Can I have some of whatever you’ve taken please. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/06/premier-league-2018-19-preview-leicester

The Guardian's season preview for Leicester. have us down to repeat our 9th place finish.

Good article. Got it wrong about Shakespeare's number of games saying that it was 5 games mainly against teams at the top, when it was 8 games and us looking utterly hopeless against the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and West Brom. Likewise Ranieri, he didn't start badly, we were unquestionably going down under him, likely below even Sunderland.

But everything else is pretty much spot on. It is a bloated squad yet so thin in some areas. It makes you wonder how we've managed it. We've got to hope the likes of Ghezzal and Silva come good otherwise we're just adding to the problem.

• Like 1

I'm still not fully understanding this shutting the window early business. I think is a good idea that the window should be shut before games start but what's the point if the rest of Europe isn't doing it? Not only can clubs lose their best players to foreign clubs and not be able to replace them, but it also causes issues with registration of players. Say if a club expects a player to leave after the window closes, joining a foreign club, so they don't register that player to free up a spot in the 25 man squad and that move doesn't happen, you could end up with a player on 50k a week who can't play. Seems ridiculous to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm still not fully understanding this shutting the window early business. I think is a good idea that the window should be shut before games start but what's the point if the rest of Europe isn't doing it? Not only can clubs lose their best players to foreign clubs and not be able to replace them, but it also causes issues with registration of players. Say if a club expects a player to leave after the window closes, joining a foreign club, so they don't register that player to free up a spot in the 25 man squad and that move doesn't happen, you could end up with a player on 50k a week who can't play. Seems ridiculous to me. 

It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I predict it will be changed back within a few years.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I fundamentally agree with closing the window before the season kicks off but they've picked the wrong year to do it.

This isn’t probably true 

55 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I predict it will be changed back within a few years.

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Pretty sure you won’t  have to finally register your squad till sept 1st.   And if you don’t want to sell a player then you don’t have to .....