Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Stan kronke offers to buy usmanov out. Wonder where he will rock up if he takes the money .......  alternatively this could be kronke stating publically that if usmanov wants the club then he has to pay 1.8 billion 

if usmanov goes then favourite will be everton where his man moshiri is already in place. 

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm still not fully understanding this shutting the window early business. I think is a good idea that the window should be shut before games start but what's the point if the rest of Europe isn't doing it? Not only can clubs lose their best players to foreign clubs and not be able to replace them, but it also causes issues with registration of players. Say if a club expects a player to leave after the window closes, joining a foreign club, so they don't register that player to free up a spot in the 25 man squad and that move doesn't happen, you could end up with a player on 50k a week who can't play. Seems ridiculous to me. 

I think it’s a good idea to shut the window before the season 

It’s up to our clubs to say a deal has got to be done before the window shuts or the price goes up  to include a inconvenience premium of not being able to replace them 

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I predict it will be changed back within a few years.

I think it will go the other way, somebody had to go first I think Europe will fall in line with us within a few years 

Barcelona after Pogba and all the pundits squirming on the behalf of Man U, oh poor old Man U a club coming in late after their player.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Barcelona after Pogba and all the pundits squirming on the behalf of Man U, oh poor old Man U a club coming in late after their player.

Ah, pundits only like bigger clubs coming in for players if they're from England. They don't like Madrid, Barca or Bayern taking players from the Countries big clubs.

bit of a bug bearer.. but talksport were talking about contenders for PFA young player of the year this year and they think it will be either Sessegnon from Fulham or Neves from wolves...

Now these are obv great talents but why the arrogance and why do people believe these guys are going to tear up the division? Leicester got promoted in a more convincing season and more points and we were written off! maybe some resentment here for the media.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

bit of a bug bearer.. but talksport were talking about contenders for PFA young player of the year this year and they think it will be either Sessegnon from Fulham or Neves from wolves...

Now these are obv great talents but why the arrogance and why do people believe these guys are going to tear up the division? Leicester got promoted in a more convincing season and more points and we were written off! maybe some resentment here for the media.

Not that I  like to defend these people but maybe they learned their lesson with us plus things have moved on since we won it and there seems to be a lot more skill inside some of the promoted teams that when we came up.

Plus with Sky showing more Championship games players are getting more exposure to pundits who never leave the studio,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not that I  like to defend these people but maybe they learned their lesson with us plus things have moved on since we won it and there seems to be a lot more skill inside some of the promoted teams that when we came up.

Plus with Sky showing more Championship games players are getting more exposure to pundits who never leave the studio,

like i say ..i think its more resentment lol 

46 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Just heard on SSN whilst chomping my dinner.

Joe Hart conceded 62 goals in 36 days in Italy (it was either that or in 36 games).

Is that correct? If so, that's a hell of a statistic.

It is  but maybe his defenders were shambolic too

Edited by Jattdogg

Leicester conceded 60 goals in 38 games last season so it doesn't surprise me that much but I think the Hart deal is a strange one. As soon as Pope and Heaton are back in action, 2 potential England keepers are going to be sat on the bench or worse for the season.

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Leicester conceded 60 goals in 38 games last season so it doesn't surprise me that much but I think the Hart deal is a strange one. As soon as Pope and Heaton are back in action, 2 potential England keepers are going to be sat on the bench or worse for the season.

Yeah, that's true.

I genuinely thought they said 62 goals in 36 days which would have been pretty remarkable. I'm guessing I need my ears syringing. 

Live PL games on Sky in October

• Mon 1: Bournemouth v Palace (8pm)
  •  
  • Fri 5: Brighton v West Ham (8pm)
  • Sun 7:> Southampton v Chelsea (2.15pm)
  •  
  • Sun 7: Liverpool v Man City (4.30pm)
  • Sat 20: Chelsea v Man Utd (12.30pm)
  •  
  • Sun 21: Everton v Palace (4pm)
  • Mon 22: Arsenal v Leicester (8pm)
  •  
  • Sat 27: Man Utd v Everton (12.30pm)
  • Sun 28: Palace v Arsenal (1.30pm)
  •  
  • Sun 28: Tottenham v Man City (4pm)

Live PL games on Sky in November

• Sun 4: Wolves v Tottenham (1.30pm)*
  •  
  • Sun 4: Chelsea v Palace (4pm)
  • Mon 5: Huddersfield v Fulham (8pm)
  •  
  • Sat 10: Cardiff v Brighton (12.30pm)
  • Sun 11: Chelsea v Everton (2.15pm)
  •  
  • Sun 11: Man City v Man Utd (4.30pm)
  • Sun 25: Bournemouth v Arsenal (1.30pm)
  •  
  • Sun 25: Wolves v Huddersfield (4pm)
  • Mon 26: Burnley v Newcastle (8pm)