Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Zinchenko now turned us down after agreeing terms yesterday. Got cold feet apparently. Strange attitude for a young player who knows he'll be sitting in the reserves at Man City all season. Unless he has other options in Europe that is. If he doesn't move elsewhere he'll regret turning us down IMO. 

Bristol City's Joe Bryan on his way to Fulham.

Cracking signing at left-back, that.

Crystal Palace have got a new keeper: Guaita joins from Getafe - the club with the third-fewest goals against in La Liga last season.

Edited by MC Prussian

Just now, The Bear said:

Zinchenko now turned us down after agreeing terms yesterday. Got cold feet apparently. Strange attitude for a young player who knows he'll be sitting in the reserves at Man City all season. Unless he has other options in Europe that is. If he doesn't move elsewhere he'll regret turning us down IMO. 

He played quite a lot last season and seemed to play well. I can admire his ambition to stay and fight for his place because I think he will get his chance there.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Bizarre behaviour by him. Would have been a great move for you so it's a shame. Maybe he changed his mind as he drove through Wolverhampton... :ph34r:

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He played quite a lot last season and seemed to play well. I can admire his ambition to stay and fight for his place because I think he will get his chance there.

He only played (and shoehorned in at LB) because both Mendy and Delph were injured. 

The Community Shield must have a big clue for him. City were still short of a few main players yet he didn't even make the squad. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Unless he's eastbound... :ph34r:

Hijacking a deal is the way forward.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He only played (and shoehorned in at LB) because both Mendy and Delph were injured. 

The Community Shield must have a big clue for him. City were still short of a few main players yet he didn't even make the squad. 

He's not that far from the team though, a couple of injuries and he get's his chance. I can see why he would risk it as he has a reasonable chance of getting to player for what might be the best team in the world at the minute. 

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Guaita joins from Getafe - the club with the third-fewest goals against in La Liga last season.

I'd rather have a guitar in goal than Wayne Hennessy.

23 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Bristol City's Joe Bryan on his way to Fulham.

Cracking signing at left-back, that.

Crystal Palace have got a new keeper: Guaita joins from Getafe - the club with the third-fewest goals against in La Liga last season.

Apparently he'd all but signed for Villa before Fulham came calling at the last minute so dropped them like a stone. Good lad.

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You can carry on signing names, go for it.

Word of advice though - one mistake and you're a goal down.  You won't experience the same luxuries in this league.  Chances created need to be taken.

Invidiual mistakes will be punished and expect a game to be won more often than not by a piece of individual brilliance.  That's the difference between the leagues right there.

One of the most patronising things I've ever read. 

I love the Premier League but the way people go on it's as if world class from top to bottom. It isn't. 8 of the last 12 teams to come up are still here now, including all 3 who came up last season. Add Wolves and Fulham to that list this year - the bottom half of the league isn't much better than the top of the Championship. 

• Like 3

Boot on the other foot for Mourinho and Man u. 

It seems that Godin's agent contacted them and said he was interested in coming to Man U, next time they contacted the agent Godin had signed a new improved contract.

Man U well used. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Everton making some big moves

Everton home in on HAT-TRICK of deals as Yerri Mina and Andree Gomes have medicals ahead of joining Bernard at Goodison Park

After the spending spree last year, how can they afford to splash the cash so much??! They really are going all out to break into the top 6!

15 minutes ago, holyfox said:

After the spending spree last year, how can they afford to splash the cash so much??! They really are going all out to break into the top 6!

They're probably struggling to balance the book but I suppose TV money + Europa League money + Lukakau and Stones fees