Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I would be tempted to say, looking at our signings, that having so many that haven't played in this league before will be risky and will need a lot of time to settle down and get used to it......but then I look at the signings everyone else has made, the players we'll be facing and ditto, so to be fair it's all new for most of them too!

It does look encouraging though that many sides are going to bring something to the table, Fulham and Wolves are not looking at packing their squads with dogged veterans to try to stave off relegation by a point, they're saying we have plans to stay long term and make our mark on this league. 

After todays activity and indeed inactivity I think Even Rafa might struggle to keep Newcastle away from struggling with Cardiff, Huddersfield and possibly Southampton with Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford just above. 

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Paul Merson's transfer grades:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11467136

Tell me this guy isn't fulfilling some sort of quota. He is a proper spesh.

It's either 'I like their business' or 'I don't know much about their signings' - how does the man get work?

he is a dickbutt, i cant stand him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Boot on the other foot for Mourinho and Man u. 

It seems that Godin's agent contacted them and said he was interested in coming to Man U, next time they contacted the agent Godin had signed a new improved contract.

Man U well used. lol

Oh, somewhere in north the sun shines on the proper team;

and Devils don’t look up to crap Moonchesters and Moonbeams

Somewhere Sir Alex lingers, and United has its clout

But there’s no joy in Maunureville.  Mighty Hosey has struck out.

Merson is a complete muppet who cant speak properly. 

This in particular is terrible:

"I always weigh up football teams with how the tennis rankings work. If you're in the semi-finals of Wimbledon one year and Flushing Meadow, you've got to do that again next year." 

U wot m8? 

14 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Foxes - Wolves next week is going to be a fascinating affair. Both sides probably thinking they should be looking at top 10 but realistically haven’t really got a clue given the signings both teams have made. I can see it ending 4-3 but not sure in whose favour!

Same with Wolves v Everton really Sunday night. Both will want to get off to a good start with all the new signings. 

Our game will depend on how our first games go IMO. 

I like how Merson has given Burnley a B+ but then starts his bit with "I worry for Burnley".

He also gave Man United a C and starts with "They've done nothing".

and he says "Xherdan Shaqiri could go for £35m and the season hasnt started yet". No he ****ing couldn't. Nobody was that keen when he was 13m you donut.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Paul Merson is thick. Are we that shocked?

When he was backing Pearson when we were in the shit folk on here loved him. Pundits in general are garbage. People hear what they want to hear.

He's not a complete idiot, there's bits missing.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why he's employed in that position. He's a genuine fool. I simply can't take him seriously at all.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I like how Merson has given Burnley a B+ but then starts his bit with "I worry for Burnley".

He also gave Man United a C and starts with "They've done nothing".

and he says "Xherdan Shaqiri could go for £35m and the season hasnt started yet". No he ****ing couldn't. Nobody was that keen when he was 13m you donut.

I personally think Shaqiri is going to have a storming season at Liverpool IF he gets played. Pre-season he looks to have slimmed down and seems sharp. He’s clearly got it in his locker, if he gets enough game time.

So "Football Expert" Merse doesn't really know any of our players. Even though the 4 loans we converted all played for us last season (which he apparently saw some of). Patricio and Moutinho have been regulars for Portugal for years and have just played in the World Cup, and Dendoncker played against England only a few weeks ago. And Traore has been in England for years too both in the Prem and Championship.

The guy shouldn't be in a job and is stealing a living purely because Sky think he's amusing because he can't say players names. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

Spurs first PL team not to sign a single player (including on loan) since transfer window began in 2003. Nearest before that was when Leeds only got Jody Morris on loan in 2003. 

So are you saying they botled it yet again.

2 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

Spurs first PL team not to sign a single player (including on loan) since transfer window began in 2003. Nearest before that was when Leeds only got Jody Morris on loan in 2003. 

Not really  surprised with money for the new tottenham Hotspurs stadium (tee hee hee). They do have a good squad so consistency will help them.

Having said that i actually dont think they will finish top 3 this year. Think kane is going to have a down season compared with the last 2.