Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When Hodgson was linked with us after sacking Shakespeare, I got laughed at when I said he's not bad at this level. Palace will be decent under him, just like WBA and Fulham were.

He is a decent manager but his teams play fairly attritional stuff. He’s been given big gigs before at Inter, Liverpool and England but never really succeeded at any. At Inter he won the UEFA cup but that team had Brazilian Ronaldo in it. 

He’s one of those dependable but uninspiring types. That’s no reason to discount him, but it’s why people don’t get excited about him. 

To be fair you could say Puel is the French version though he won the league with Monaco and did a brilliant job with Lille. 

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When Hodgson was linked with us after sacking Shakespeare, I got laughed at when I said he's not bad at this level. Palace will be decent under him, just like WBA and Fulham were.

Sorry to be that guy, but he was linked with us after we sacked Ranieri not Shakespeare. Hodgson was already at Palace when we sacked Shakespeare. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Sorry to be that guy, but he was linked with us after we sacked Ranieri not Shakespeare. Hodgson was already at Palace when we sacked Shakespeare. 

I do remember the post he's referring to though and the nature of most of the replies.

Hodgson certainly has proved to be a safe pair of hands when the expectation of silverware hasn't  been there.

Just now, Max Wall said:

I do remember the post he's referring to though and the nature of most of the replies.

Hodgson certainly has proved to be a safe pair of hands when the expectation of silverware hasn't  been there.

Oh I agree. I've never thought that he was necessarily a bad manager, he just isn't suited to managing big egos. He's done brilliantly with any medium sized club. You won't find any West Brom, Palace or Fulham fans saying a bad word about him. 

Guest Col city fan
39 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Nothing I’ve seen from Huddersfield today changes my gut feeling that two of the three drop spots were already decided before the first ball was kicked.

The Udders, Cardiff and.....?

41 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Nothing I’ve seen from Huddersfield today changes my gut feeling that two of the three drop spots were already decided before the first ball was kicked.

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That still leaves 1.............

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The Udders, Cardiff and.....?

You guys are so Leicester ...  lol

• Like 1