Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, davieG said:

I swear half the changes they make to the rules make them even more confusing and they do it on purpose to create controversy

There could be a lot of truth in that. I'm not a flat earther but I am rather cynical, I think they like the refs to have latitude to use when it suits them. I guess causing controversy also adds to the amount of talking about a game.

You may well have nailed it.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

The same could be said of Merson and he's regularly employed.

Exactly. Sky have enough people on there that try and talk tactics despite the fact they've failed as managers.

I still maintain Kelly Dalglish is their best presenter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Is Paul Merson a token? Savage? Owen? Plenty of brain dead males on our screens as pundits and nobody questions why they got hired. Let a mixed raced woman on and people like you get your knickers in twist. 

Stick your token gesture comment where the sun dont shine.

Because they've played the men's game at the highest level, and why bring race into it? For the record I don't like women commentators or pundits either just to push an agenda.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

So Alex Scott was a token gesture during the World Cup but how can Sky Sports be stupid enough to have her on? She’s unbearably thick and annoying and has no understanding of top class football.

Tokenism. Expect more of it. Personally I find it insulting on behalf of all women that they shoehorning in such an idiot shows their support. It’s laughable. 

The newest stat, well I've not seen it before this season. A list of players who have previously worn a specific shirt number, just in the PL era obviously.

What's the point? 

18 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Because they've played the men's game at the highest level, and why bring race into it? For the record I don't like women commentators or pundits either just to push an agenda.

What has playing the mens game got anything to do with it? Its exactly the same game with the same rules. 

A commentator should be judged on their knowledge of the sport and not the fact they are male or female, black or white. There are some horrendous male pundits that talk out of their arse on a weekly basis.

Im not saying Alex Scott is amazing, but she is no worse than some of the other tripe we have to listen too. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What has playing the mens game got anything to do with it? Its exactly the same game with the same rules. 

A commentator should be judged on their knowledge of the sport and not the fact they are male or female, black or white. There are some horrendous male pundits that talk out of their arse on a weekly basis.

Im not saying Alex Scott is amazing, but she is no worse than some of the other tripe we have to listen too. 

I've never dealt with idiocy well. You're supposed to get more patient with age but I haven't. I find Merson absolutely embarrassing. I don't think him pronouncing surnames incorrectly over the course of a whole season in the slightest bit funny.

I don't think Alex Scott is brilliant but she's no worse that some of the male plugs they have on. Seems odd to single her out considering the other dross regularly on there..

• Like 2