Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I expect more women will become pundits for men's games as the standard of the women's game in this country improves, due to the increasing professionalisation of the game and the more money that is pumped into it. It's to be both expected and welcomed in my opinion.

Why shouldn't a former elite player of the women's game be able to have an opinion on an elite level men's game? I agree they shouldn't be shoehorned on for the sake of it, but the same should be said of the likes of Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen, to be perfectly honest.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I've never dealt with idiocy well. You're supposed to get more patient with age but I haven't. I find Merson absolutely embarrassing. I don't think him pronouncing surnames incorrectly over the course of a whole season in the slightest bit funny.

I don't think Alex Scott is brilliant but she's no worse that some of the male plugs they have on. Seems odd to single her out considering the other dross regularly on there..

I think you get far less patient with age. Times running out - why put up with morons?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I expect more women will become pundits for men's games as the standard of the women's game in this country improves, due to the increasing professionalisation of the game and the more money that is pumped into it. It's to be both expected and welcomed in my opinion.

Why shouldn't a former elite player of the women's game be able to have an opinion on an elite level men's game? I agree they shouldn't be shoehorned on for the sake of it, but the same should be said of the likes of Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen, to be perfectly honest.

It’s the same as anything, if anyone is in any position by merit it’s fine, if they’re there to make up fair numbers it’s not. She knows her stuff so it’s not even a discussion lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I think you get far less patient with age. Times running out - why put up with morons?

On which subject, there's only one thing more depressing than rude, entitled youngsters, and that's old/older rude, entitled gammon-faced gits.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

On which subject, there's only one thing more depressing than rude, entitled youngsters, and that's old/older rude, entitled gammon-faced gits.

That's because we know better 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ian W LCFC said:

Milner has had a great first half

It's funny he is one of those players that not many people would cheer about if their club signed him but he is generally one of the best players on the pitch most games.  Really solid player.  X

• Like 2

This Liverpool side are scary, look even more deadly than last season.

Keita, Wijnaldum and Milner have ran the show, also I said the same thing last season, how good is Andrew Robertson, best LB in the league.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

It's funny he is one of those players that not many people would cheer about if their club signed him but he is generally one of the best players on the pitch most games.  Really solid player.  X

I guess when the team is so full of flair, you need at least one absolutely sold-as-a-rock dependable. Maybe that's what we are hoping Silva will be for us.

• Like 1