Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can't imagine West Ham being too happy... 

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Me neither mate, it’s been an accident waiting to happen all half. 

It would be harsh to judge them on the back of this game but they never really seem to get it right.

Liverpool have absolutely dominated them but you sense that'll happen to a few teams this season.

Just now, Max Wall said:

It would be harsh to judge them on the back of this game but they never really seem to get it right.

Liverpool have absolutely dominated them but you sense that'll happen to a few teams this season.

Think its mainly tactically naive to play a high line against Liverpool purely due to the way they play. But, like you said, difficult to judge based on a game against one of the best teams 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah, I agree, getting done by Liverpool is no disgrace. Plenty will as you say. 

It’s the high line defending on the edge of penalty area that plays into their hands that I don’t get. 

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Me neither mate, it’s been an accident waiting to happen all half. 

They've tried to play a  4231, and it's just becoming a 451 with way too much space between the CM and ST. And a high line against Liverpool is tactical suicide unless the offside trap is perfect 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Southampton 0 Burnley 0 - Burnley 58% possession!

That's slightly surprising possession stats. Maybe Burnleys earlier start to the season in the Europa has them on it from the off.

Edited by Max Wall

We need VAR. Without it the "big" teams get all the calls.

Refs need the check on them.

The media will simply ignore this again.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Could see that was off before the replay!

I wasn't even watching and I could see it was off side

• Haha 1