Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I'm thinking about big team bias a lot. As with so many biases, they are generally unconscious, and therefore much harder to challenge or prove. The one thing we humans don't like to admit is that our thinking is manipulated or influenced nefariously, so refs will be the same, media and broadcasters likewise...

Edited by HighPeakFox
two tos...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This Liverpool side are scary, look even more deadly than last season.

Keita, Wijnaldum and Milner have ran the show, also I said the same thing last season, how good is Andrew Robertson, best LB in the league.

I bet they're glad we didn't sell them Chilwell now. They went and got  Robertson from Hull instead. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

we humans don't like to admit is that our thinking is manipulated or influenced nefariously ...

I can honestly say that I've never admitted that anyone has been nefariously manipulating my thinking ...     mind you, if I knew what it meant that would help ...   :)

I wouldn't put that down as bias more like incompetence, bias would be there if it was marginal and could have gone either way without anyone being critical if you got it wrong.  

That was simply just a very bad bit of refereeing (assistant)

• Like 1

Wilshere is the pits he really is. Typical hyped up English youth gone wrong. 

Pleased that under southgate there doesn’t seem to be that air of over hyping some of the young talent. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

It's going to take a while to get used to seeing Mahrez's name in the Man City line up... :(

Don't think I can bear watching Mahrez tear it up for a club that isn't us.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Is Paul Merson a token? Savage? Owen? Plenty of brain dead males on our screens as pundits and nobody questions why they got hired. Let a mixed raced woman on and people like you get your knickers in twist. 

Stick your token gesture comment where the sun dont shine.

100%. She brings stats aswell as opinions based on stats and puts a lot more work into her punditry than most of the others. 

Edited by lildave3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Shame we didn't sign all these players that West Ham got ain't it lads ?

Same moaning whinging story every season mate lol was Everton last year. Big names but no guts for the premier league