Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

In what way?

Pep players have to be on it, switched on all game. He doesn't accept laziness or players switching off and drifting in and out of games. Look at Yaya at Barca and Man City, Hart as well. Mahrez is a very on and off player, rarely being consistent for the whole game

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

In what way?

I think he wants him to play in a certain way and he isn’t quite there yet, he got frustrated with him at Wembley last week and he’s been lazy and strayed offside today as well. It’s similar to when he first got hold of Sterling, turned him in to a right player so god knows what can turn Riyad in to.  

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Pep players have to be on it, switched on all game. He doesn't accept laziness or players switching off and drifting in and out of games. Look at Yaya at Barca and Man City, Hart as well. Mahrez is a very on and off player, rarely being consistent for the whole game

You do realise that Pep chose to sign Mahrez having, I assume, at least seen him play once or twice?  I get your point and he will take time to adjust to Pep's style but to say Pep has his work cut out in a wee dig at Mahrez is very odd.  I would put money on Mahrez being a success.  X

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I think he wants him to play in a certain way and he isn’t quite there yet, he got frustrated with him at Wembley last week and he’s been lazy and strayed offside today as well. It’s similar to when he first got hold of Sterling, turned him in to a right player so god knows what can turn Riyad in to.  

Very, very early days though and Mahrez has hardly been poor today.  One Premier League game is probably a little early to judge, I reckon he will have a great season.  X

Just now, RumbleFox said:

You do realise that Pep chose to sign Mahrez having, I assume, at least seen him play once or twice?  I get your point and he will take time to adjust to Pep's style but to say Pep has his work cut out in a wee dig at Mahrez is very odd.  I would put money on Mahrez being a success.  X

I agree with what you're saying, can also just see the reasoning behind the point made. Think it's more in regards to work rate and how he conducts himself tbh.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I agree with what you're saying, can also just see the reasoning behind the point made. Think it's more in regards to work rate and how he conducts himself tbh.

I agree he needs work it's just the "Pep has his work cut out" line sounded unreasonably harsh on Mahrez but maybe it's just semantics.  X

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Very, very early days though and Mahrez has hardly been poor today.  One Premier League game is probably a little early to judge, I reckon he will have a great season.  X

Not what I’m saying at all, I wasn’t having a dig at Mahrez, he wasn’t poor at Wembley either, and no he hasn’t been poor today - I’m just saying Pep has very exacting standards and he likes to be one step ahead and have all his players playing his way. I don’t think Mahrez is fully conversant in that yet, and it’s frustrating Pep. He will 100% be a success there I don’t think there’s a question mark about that.